Is 3wks. to early?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lowrent_aria

Reaction score
Hey everyone this is lowrent, I am wondering if (and I think it is) to early at 3wks. to tell the pre-flower of male & female? I needed to transplant 'cause my babies were getting rootbound in their starter cups & I'm in limited space so I'm faced with the decision of pulling over half my babies out & I want to (of course), fill this space with females. I would appreciate any & all replies on this subject. Thanks,lowrent.:confused:

switch it to 12/12 and wait a few days they will tell you their sex. From what we have read on the forum. You just switch it back to vedge after she puts out. Good luck.

frankpeterson said:
switch it to 12/12 and wait a few days they will tell you their sex. From what we have read on the forum. You just switch it back to vedge after she puts out. Good luck.

Why not take a clone and sex the clone, no need to stress the plant with reveg or slow up your grow.

Growdude said:
Why not take a clone and sex the clone, no need to stress the plant with reveg or slow up your grow.

yup yup yup

Just a word of caution. There are some threads "out there" that indicate the sex of a plant is influenced strongly by certain conditions during weeks 3 - 4 of it's initial growth. There is a great post by Mutt "out there" you might want to read. Good luck.

Latest posts

Back