Is a gallon, twice a week enough?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hero4u2b

Reaction score
Hi everyone.. I have 2 huge plants ( 4 and half footers) in 7 gallon nursery pots. They are now in their second week of flower.. I was giving them 1 gallon of water and or nutes each. twice a week and moving them into a shower close by so the run off wouldnt get messy.. Now they are so big I cant fit them thru the door of the closet without seriously brushing them against the walls.. Now I am keeping them in the closet with their drip pans but I noticed this morning after watering there is no run off.. My question is. Is this enough water? It is convienient because lifting them is like 30 lbs each and dragging out the drip pan to empty it and replacing them back underneath.. is a pain in the butt.. Thanks Hero

you need to have some runoff. otherwise the water is not getting to the bottom of the pots and the bottom of the roots.

you can always water every day. less water.

It depends on how much canopy you're running. I use 17 gallon chum buckets, grow 4' + plants and I'm dumping 3 to 4 gallons every 4 to 5 days when in heavy flower. Get ready.

you need to find the correct amount of water that will give you runoff but not require the trays to need to be emptied, if you get just a little run off the pot will absorb it back up within minutes. jmo

o ok I had read the stickys prior to starting and it said something like MJ likes the wet dry cycle and let them dry out completly before watering.. I am using this FFOF and water just seems to pour thru it. It breaths well. I did notice after a half an hour this morning that water ( run off ) did EVENTUALLY a quarter inch or so.. was left in the drip pans.. So I take it one should water so there IS some runoff. Ok Thanks everyone Hero

if you talking about those plants in your other thread, it appears what ever your doing is working nicely.

Yup They are covered right now in little clusters of what I think are buds. Hairs in clumps but theyre really small. like 1/4 inch nuggets.. I am hoping they will grow alot larger. and Thanks everyone. Hero

dman1234 said:
you need to find the correct amount of water that will give you runoff but not require the trays to need to be emptied, if you get just a little run off the pot will absorb it back up within minutes. jmo

Yup, that^^

And, yes those clumps of hairs are your bud sites forming ;) Congrats!

Thanks Doc. Why I am worried is I have one light reflector with 4 42 watt 2700k CFLs over each plant.. Then I have 4 42 watt 2700 K CFLs around the sides in which they are those clamp on round reflectors and I rotate the plants so all sides get light.. My concerns are maybe this is not enough light. Each bulb is 2800 lumans according to the specs on the bulbs.. The next grow I do thou.. I will flower with a 600 watt HPS.. Thanks Doc and everyone. Hero

You need 5000 lumens per sq. ft for bloom. I use 6 65w CFLs and get great results.

Latest posts

Back