Is Female Seeds are Important to Grow Marijuana?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Micheal Sandford

Reaction score
I have observed that If you wanted to grow your own seed plants you must need some of the seeds will be male, and some female, because both male and female chromosomes were involved in their creation. That means, on average, half the marijuana seeds you plant will be males and half will be females. If we look the female seeds can only produce buds but not the male seeds. so we need to take care even about the portion of seeds which we are planted. For example if we plant 10 male seeds so you need at least 6 female seed vice versa, unless you want to cultivate your own seeds buy feminized seeds.

Well,,i have planted 10 seeds and had 8 females so im not sure about how that works. I have planted 2 seeds and ended up both females. Sometimes i think its the luck of the draw. Pure Mother Nature.
I have never used Feminized seeds.

I have had more females than males also (reg seeds)
There use to be a belief that if a grow room was kept just right more females would pop
Can not remember more than that. Sorry.

Yep I've heard the same thing. I have actually gotten very few males in my growing from seed.

Latest posts

Back