Is Fluorescent Full Spectrum Light Bulbs good for plant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jake21

Reaction score
Is Fluorescent Full Spectrum Light Bulbs good for plant?..
and at what stage if it is.
thanks

You can use them no problem, but most peeps just use floro's for vegging as you need a good penetrating light for flowering and the floro's just don't penetrate the canopy enough, unless you buy the high powered T5 floro's an 8 bank of them are equivelent to a 600wMH, and I've seen them used with success but like I said most peeps just use there floro's for vegging!Hope that helps alittle!

Phatpharmer

:yeahthat: The most popular attraction to them is that you can get through the whole veg and flower period... and the cool temps.

i use them and so far they work great i'm adding 2 more for flowering

Ok, so I just purchased 3 sunblaze light systems.....two 8 bulb & one 4 bulb,(the 4 bulb will have the 6500k daylight blue's for so-called vegging)... what do u think about using two 4' 8 bulb each HO T5 fluorecsent 3000k warm red bulb systems for ENTIRE FLOWERING cycle??? (@ 5000 lumens ea bulb, using 16 blubs total, that would equal out to 80,000 lumens, which is also equivilent to a 600HPS, (80,000-90,000 lumens) I also wanna get SIX 4' single strip HO T5's, (warm red also) and lay those on the floor parallel to the plants in each row for additional side & underneath lighting..as well as SEVEN 2' HO T5 6500k daylight blue single strips in all four corners & sides @ 2000 lumens ea. these will add an additional 44,000 lumens for a total of 124,000 lumens!!! [[I know, I know, @ 54 watts a bulb x 22 warm red bulbs = 1,188 watts...which is more than a 1000HPS....., effiency wise the 1000Hps would be smarter choice and get more lumens with just that 1 light source (140,000) BUT, HEAT & FLIR is what i am trying to avoid right now!!!!]] which is the main reason for using this type set-up...I am trying to have the lowest radiant heat emmiting in my grow tent, (56" x 56" x 78.75" ie; almost 25sf) growing 20-25 autos in 3 gallon bags,(6.5"w x 7"d x 13"h) that will be in my garage! (btw i live in hot *** S. Fla. and the summer is approaching) and yes, i know HPS is better, and I know how to cool the lights, ect, ect, but security is #1 priority where I am currently renting/livin, and I want to go with a 1000HPS, but to cool the light, run ducting, ect is too much for now, plus I will still be using garage to park a car, and i dont want anybody to see ducting all over the place....so whatta you peeps think??? will it work???:hubba: :confused: :hubba:

phatpharmer said:
You can use them no problem, but most peeps just use floro's for vegging as you need a good penetrating light for flowering and the floro's just don't penetrate the canopy enough, unless you buy the high powered T5 floro's an 8 bank of them are equivelent to a 600wMH, and I've seen them used with success but like I said most peeps just use there floro's for vegging!Hope that helps alittle!

Phatpharmer

i have a 100 watt dual spec cfl. its 13" coil style. i've been veggin a month with no fertz and my baby is bout 1 1/2 ft tall and bushy as heck. shes got nodes bout every inch and a half.

Just so you know...when you start putting in a whole bunch of fluoros, they are going to produce as much heat as a HPS. Fluoros are good, but if you are getting over about 400W, I would recommend going with a HPS. Lumen per lumen, fluoros will put out more heat, cost more to buy initially, cost more to operate every month and produce less bud than a HPS.

So, I guess I just wasted a bunch of damm money thinking this was the answer to my problem of low heat emitting from my grow tent and garage over-all???!!!!:confused:

I do have a 409CFM wind tunnel 6 for exhaust/scurbbing/odor control that gonna be hooked up to a can66 filter, and will be using a portable A/C, (9000BTU) for active air intake & cool garage....with 2 six inch air circulating fans on each side of tent....So my set-up still wont work???? So I should've just bought the radiant 6 air cooled refector and 600hps/1000hps hortilux with lumintek ballast????:confused: :confused: I'm f*****g confused & pissed right now!!!!!!!

The Hemp Goddess said:
Just so you know...when you start putting in a whole bunch of fluoros, they are going to produce as much heat as a HPS. Fluoros are good, but if you are getting over about 400W, I would recommend going with a HPS. Lumen per lumen, fluoros will put out more heat, cost more to buy initially, cost more to operate every month and produce less bud than a HPS.

i dont see a prob with what u r using.. i think it should work just fine man.. just grow the goodness and mellow....

hi ya there jake 21 welcome aboard bro ! sorry for the interuption ! just a quick comment on cowboys BOTM looks like a nice entry for may !NICE pic that bro ! take care ! peace !

uptosumpn said:
So, I guess I just wasted a bunch of damm money thinking this was the answer to my problem of low heat emitting from my grow tent and garage over-all???!!!!:confused:

I do have a 409CFM wind tunnel 6 for exhaust/scurbbing/odor control that gonna be hooked up to a can66 filter, and will be using a portable A/C, (9000BTU) for active air intake & cool garage....with 2 six inch air circulating fans on each side of tent....So my set-up still wont work???? So I should've just bought the radiant 6 air cooled refector and 600hps/1000hps hortilux with lumintek ballast????:confused: :confused: I'm f*****g confused & pissed right now!!!!!!!

I didn't say that it wouldn't work. It just will not work nearly as well as a HPS and will cost more. And, sorry, but yes, IMO, you would have been far better off with a 600W HPS with an air cooled reflector.

WOW......well I thought if I match , or nearly match the lumens the floro's put out to what a 1000HPS put out, I would have enough light penatration to my plants with the set-up I have..ie; "Full Spectrum".(BTW, I am growing "AUTOS", 20-25 in 3 gal bags) (also will be using Dutch Master Liquid Light & Ducth Master Penatrator<<for better light penatration & intensity since using floro's) But again, like I said in my initial post, I know HPS is KING...just didn't factor in the power/watt consumption with these floro's!!! So with all that said, does anybody think it's possible to get 2oz per plant dry, (my goal, max) using this set-up, growing autos?? my insparation is Grandaddytoke & Richyb's grows!! the best & most yeild I have seen for autos on this site<<but they did use 600HPS & 1000HPS....BUT I HAVE THE LUMENS TO MATCH!!!! HELP PEOPLE!!!! these light systems are already bought, so I'm stuck................................................

Latest posts

Back