Is it considered Rude?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mutt

Just a Dawg
Reaction score
Is it considered rude to accidently refer to someone by there alias on another public forum? Just wondering, as I am always having to back track and edit on my rounds around the neighborhood.

I wouldn't think so.

But it sure helps when folks use the same ID on various forums. :D I know with my feeble brain it's hard to keep things straight.

accidently ,,no,,,,,to be mean,,yes ,,,p,l,r

I agree with Rasta.

Smokin' mom, I try to keep the same screen name on all but on some someone aready has my handle, that's rude;-<)]

Mutt if it were me I'd like to know when i'm being quoted or condemmed, like when I quoted someone from hipforums, I asked first. But that's just me.

Good Q makes one think,...........ooooohh, had to stop thinking, too much smoke, couldn't see what I thinking about, and then the smoke detector went , yeah it wasn't pretty. l8tr!

I know its confusing but.... I try to let my imagination run with each web site for a good name, tho it is had to keep track of. LOL

and im not sure if it rude or not , but i would prefer to be adressed by my name on that site.

PEACE

I just use this site for a forum, but I guess it depends on what you write. If you are bashing someone or saying they are inexperienced or something of that nature I'm not sure it really matters as the person will be pissed either way. If you are citing someone make sure you get the correct info, and then ask them if they woudln't mind you citing them as a source of info. If you don't want to go through that trouble don't cite the source.

What I meant was, I have various people that frequent the same places as I, but for some reason there handles are different (as are mine because of some stoned ass decision to change..which I later regret) and yet its the same person. Nobody should be bashing anyone on another forum..that is rude in my opinion sorta backstabbing actually.but just meant. sometimes I forget where I'm even at. and post then woops oh yeah I'm over here and NOT talking to the same screen name.Just wondering basically an Alias question.I got nothing to hide. my two nics are Dawg and Mutt. but, just didn't know if it was rude to get em confused from one place to another. Even though I know who I am replying to. If ya see what I mean.

know what ya mean mutt I use a few different one's myself as well as a few peeps the visit the same site's .... slip up's happen thats for sure but It's not rude.... some of the peeps call me by a different forum handle on a couple different other forums which is ok by me.... most my handles are kinda the same tho or abv. and most peeps on those 3 sites know me by anyone of the 3 names.... thats my story and I'm stick'n to it grow on

i think you should use the same nic, or close. like im astra007, astra, nomad007 or the "jolly green dragon" - be quiet stoney. and JGD. im on about 30 forums. i noticed that peeps use different nics but the same avatar alot. i dont mind some1 callin me by another nic, like here but could lead to confusion. hehehe only rude if that person corrected you and said dont use that nic here. here im xxxxxx

You guys are stoned. Or, is it me? I'm confused and dazed trying to follow all this name stuff. For whatever reasons, I use the same handle at all forums. I could never remember different names and different passwords so I try to keep it simple. It may sound odd but I used to have different handles and each seemed to have their own personality. Nowdays, I enjoy being the Rev. He's somewhat erratic, psychotic, insightful, light-hearted and stoned most of the time. Kinda like me. :cool:

rasta said:
accidently ,,no,,,,,to be mean,,yes ,,,p,l,r

yeah i saw it done in a mean fashion before...turned into a big flame war that in the end they ended up posting their REAL names :eek: that is not cool

Mutt..or whatever your name is :p ;) i am sure you would never do something like that....a small error (or stoned forgetfulness) is forgivable :cool:

this is 1 of the reasons the infamous bcbd forum flame wars came about. by posting by bcbd of a shipping address of a member name, ect.... thinking that the postal service would not deliver to a forum nicname. it had the members home addy and postal code right up there in plain view of leo. the nic name was close to his actual name and the seeds were not getting delivered because of their packing weight; stealth and postage fee. all caused by a banks stupidity. trust was out the door and the war was on. they lost partners, members and are still defending their actions; therefore, the black listing came about. 2 years and the fallout is still there.

Latest posts

Back