Is it my TV or my cable box?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SmokinMom

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Reaction score
Hey guys, maybe you can help me.

I have a plasma TV. In the last 6 months or so, it sometimes kinda hiccups. That's the best way to describe it. A small part of the screen will get pixilated and the sound will quiver. It lasts about 2 seconds each time and is happening approx 3ish times per hour.

It only happens on our HD channels.

What would you say, TV or bad cable or cable box?

Thanks!

sounds like trouble on the providers end with signal reception

I bet you have Fios lol

I remember that on fios. Its def not your TV tho.

I have Time Warner cable, lol. Just as bad probably..

I called the cable company yesterday & they tried to tell me that if it wasn't happening on all channels then it couldn't be happening on their end.

Grrrrr, I thought it seemed like she was giving me a load of szhit.

She was shoveling that load out by the...well....shov-el-full? :fly:

lol but seriously it happens with a lot of companies, it is probably some wire along the line with a bad run of shielding and nearby interference. Its ... blip blip square box blip eee eee eeeeh, sorry bad reception, Its normal.

I started having problems with mine when I got the 1000w transformer for my flower room. It's mostly happening with the lowest channel and was intermitten but it's off all the time now, (the channel)...and most times even with the light out. If it does come back, it will be lost again when the light comes on. I'm starting to notice it happening on other channels now as well and thinking the interferrence from the transformer is ruining the set.

Its a digital or HD signal getting interference, its not the TV.

Their argument should be yours

"they tried to tell me that if it wasn't happening on all channels then it couldn't be happening on their end"

if its not happening on all channels it cant be your TV actually.

I would look closely at all cables especially the connectors, and if you have splitters get them supplied by the cable company, after that get a new HD/Digital box from them

Latest posts

Back