Is it OK to:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ganjah

Reaction score
put plants into flower, then back to veg or would this stress the plant s too much??

still in veg. was thinking about putting into flower just long enough to sex then right back to veg.

People do that but it will only work if they are sexually mature....most of the time alternating nodes will signal that the plant is sexually mature. Then you will usually get preflowers. If you flip a plant that is not sexually mature then you will do nothing but deprive that plant of 12 hours of light for every day they are flipped. They will stretch and get gangly on ya. I usually see alternating nodes around 4-6 weeks. If they get alternating nodes and I can't pick out the preflowers I do flip them to get them to show occasionally. IMO flipping them before they are sexually mature is setting yourself up for problems down the road grow wise. When I invest months at a time into these girls I want them to put out for me. Tall langky plants don't do well. Jmo

Plants that are 2.5 to 3 months old should certainly be showing preflowers and be ready to flower. Why would you want to veg them longer? Most of us veg 6-8 weeks.

can i take clones from them after while they are in 12/12, after i find out sex or is it safe to go back to 16/8?

i want to know what they are. and i want a couple mother plants.

argh i should have just went with the FEM seeds and bypassed all this.

2-3.5 months old is quite long for plants to not be showing preflowers... I think we need more info i.e. strain/medium/indoor/outdoor...

As for cuts... It is very possible to take cuts during flower but it will take the cuts longer to root....

Just don't wait too long into flower... Or you'll have your hands tied in terms of rooting because it will take them much longer....

By the way, whats your cloning method?

Any pics would help

I think something is wrong here--plants that have been vegged for 2-5 to 3 months should be shooting out preflowers everywhere and be monsterous sized plants. Can you get us some pics and tell us more about your grow? Is there a reason that are you vegging with 16/8 light instead of 24/7?

If you cant identify the preflowers, you can take a cutting and put it under 12/12 lighting it will flower and tell you the sex of the donor. no need to wait for roots.

That clone could be revegged as your mother plant or take another clone.

my bad, i miss counted they are about 9 weeks. i'll work getting pics up in the next couple days.

pic. i hope.

if you need a pic of every plant i can get them all the plants look like these. no little balls.

untitled.JPG

untitled2.JPG

I think I see a female preflower on the 2nd pic on the right bottom node but its incredibly hard to see.

What you are looking for a is a little football shaped thing at the base of the node with 2 small hairs coming out of it. I cant tell if its distortion in your pic or a female preflower. You need to take better photos or will have to judge by yourself.

Well ya got alternating nodes it looks like. I wld think a flip to 12/12 might make them show. jmo

how long after i put into 12/12 should they start to show sex.
and after they show i can take clones or put back into veg?

thanx Hamster

I just take clones and mark them, put my plants into flower and if i happen to have a dude i dont want i just throw out the male clones.

If you take a clone and root it, it can be a ready to take a couple clones off of in a month or so.

Latest posts

Back