IS it ready or not opinions very?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

runyoned18

Weedwhacker421
Reaction score
Ok fellow growers this is the big Question is it ready or not? I realize opinions are going to be different depending on what the smoker wants so I will go by what I am looking for only and use that as a start. This will help me and other growers possibly to fine tune their smoke. I am looking for a tasteful smooth smoke more than just a smoke that will knock me under the table. The question is by looking at the pictures is this grow ready to be harvested. To me there are no wrong answers just different opinions. Sorry if the pictures are not great. PS this is purple haze from ILGM, 1200watts with a total of 8 plants.
DSCN1032.JPG
DSCN1033.JPG
DSCN1027.JPG
DSCN1025.JPG
DSCN1028.JPG

You need to see the Trichomes. You don't want any clear or the high won't last long
I always look for mostly cloudy with about 20% amber. If you want more of a put you in a chair smoke just let it get about 50% amber and the rest cloudy. You really can't go by pistol color.

Beautiful plants! From what I can see of the trichomes, they look milky, but I always wait for a little amber before I chop.
You can always harvest a bud or two and try 'em out.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, ya still need a closer pic of the trics to tell for sure.

Don't be hasty those plants don't look ready. Your smooth smoke will come from a proper dry and cure. Looking at those I'd say if you chopped now you'd get a good head high that's over as soon as it begins. I wouldn't even take a tester off yet. Like these wise folks up ^^^ said too milky yet at least a week but more probably. Oh and look at the buds more than the leafs too.

if you have the luxury of doing a little research and development , try a staggered harvest , chop 25% of the crop now , chop 25% more a week later , wait another week and chop 25% of crop and finally , whew , chop the remaking plants in 4 weeks

take lots of notes

your taste and smoothness have nothing to do with the color of the trichomes

taste will come from terpenes

and as spunom said , the smoothness will come from the drying and curing process

cheers
big , the god of weed. 🤡🤡🤡

You may or may not know it but you just got some first class advice. When you are ready we will talk dry/cure.
Thanks for the advice I will wait until I see about 15-20% amber before harvest. Usually on the average my dry time is about 8 days and I cure them by filling a quart jar about 2/3 full and for the first two days I burp them about every 4 hours and then extend the time every four hours for about a week roughly. Then once a day until I don't smell the grass smell and the good weed smell starts.

Latest posts

Back