Is it too late? spider mites

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dr.Greenbud said:
I edited the error, my bad.

dont sweat it my friend...If someone gave ya a bad rep cuzz of it...tells me they aint got nothing better to do...I was wondering if ya post up some pics so we can see what stage of infestation we are dealing with...I dont want ya going off and blasting the crap outta plants with all sorts of methods...sounds Bad...but pics would help us to help you...thanks for shareing..

:48:

The leaves look droopy, i think thats from the soap.
I just watered heavy 2 minutes prior to pics.
11 pics to come.

101.JPG

102.JPG

103.JPG

a growshop owner once told me that besides nutrients, light, water, etc., you should have a pest control regimen, not only for if pests get there, but as a preventative measure. Azatrol is a product that you regularly give your plants through week 2 of bud that will deter mites from sucking juices from you plants, thus starving them and stopping the breeding process also.

the combination i have used for a few years now is SafersSoap and a product called SMC (Spider Mite Control).... SMC is my semi-secret weapon, the main one that i use, and i haven't noticed and mite resistance.... it doesn't actually kill them immediately like most people would like.... works more like neem oil.... it's a horticultural oil that coats them and prevents them from reproducing and starves them to death.... i've recommended it to a few friends with bad infestations and they had great results with it.... it's pretty hard to find, but if you can, it's worth it's weight in gold....

Dr.Greenbud said:
not allowing me to post rest, don't know why.

Not sure what program ya useing but you should be able to do 12 picvs in a post...

and Your plants dont look Bad my friend..i was thinking worse...take the iso 99% if ya have or 91% the stronger the beter..:aok: take and mix with water 50/50...just when lights about go out...take a long poker ( like hanger) and use to lift leafs as you mist the under neath..i like to be sure to get stalk as well and top soil...after reaching the top..I mist the top leafs ...after all plants have been treated..I mist the entire area walls containers floor ect.ect..not the lights hehe...I let them be for 48 hrs at what time i do again..i do this for a week..and useually have under contro...the next week I back it up with soap and neim oil...same prosses is used here and I use seperate misting bottles so i can lable...every 3 Months My shed gets Bombed...DR DOOM...as I am at a constant battle with Bugs...But Im winning:yay: theres a few home remadies like ciggs tabbacco and water...its here in forrum i never tried I dont smoke ciggs..Hope this Helps Dr, Greenbud :48:

Take care and be safe:bolt::bong:

Thanks 4u2smoke, i've tried to give you a rep several times but it keeps saying i need to spread around reps before giving to you. ? don't know why but this post is my offical thanks, lol. 1 rep for you.

well ya repped me in this thread all ready is why I think...thanks My friend..let me know How ya do..or if i can help...take care and be safe:bolt::bong:

okay, i'm done for the day, this is what i just did the past 2 hours;

1) removed all plants from the tent and put them into the bathtub.

2) mix 20% bleech into hot water and scrub tents then towel dry.

3) each plant was turned upside down and rinced off in the tub under running water

4) then i soaked plants with safers soap and put back into tent with fan directly on them.

5) i mixed alcohol/water and sprayed the cords, lamp housings, and intake and exhaust vents.

6) i vacuumed the carpets

Since then i've had a fan on them 24/7 and i opened a window 24/7 & the temps are 50 at night in the tent and only 70 or so during the day.

This morning i sprayed each plant with alcohol/water mix and turned fan on high to dry off.

several days ago i bought a NO PEST STRIP from the store and i have had it in there ever since.

I can not find even one moving creature as of yet, i hope the eggs get killed as they hatch by the pest strip and my spraying.
This weekend i'll spray safers soap on them again.

I know HICK and others are against these strips but i did a lot of research on the net and have yet to find someone that had ill effects from them, besides i'll remove them at least 3 weeks prior to harvest.

I also have not seen any knats since either. ( double bonus ).

glad to here my friend...keep that mix going...the best is the iso/water..it seeems to be best for me...then fallow up with the soap ..sounds like ya getting it under control...take care and be safe

Well it's been a few days and i don't see any moving creatures with my bare eye.
I'm going out today to buy a magnifying glass.
Cut some clones incase i have to scrap all the plants.
I cut the clones, washed them under cold water, sprayed them with alcohol/water mix, air dried then sprayed with safers soap.
I put them in the veg tent, i hope i can keep them mite free.
There's a hydro store not too far from me that has Doktor Doom and every other product mentioned on these mite threads.
I'll try and make it there today or this weekend.
Updates to come.

I hope others will benefit from this thread, i would'nt wish mites on anyone, well almost anyone, lol.

Hey Dr Greenbud....i Have Had My Bouts With The Mites,if I Was You,i Would Keep Going With The Soap Solution, It Worked For Me. But You Have To Be Religous And Thourough. But Its The Safest Way To Go.spray Real Good Dont Rinse. Every 3 Days. Be Very Attentive. You Should Spend Plenty Of Time Looking Closly At Your Leaves. You Have Been Infected, Now You Will Have To Strap On Your Chucks,and Do Battle.

tokasmoke said:
Hey Dr Greenbud....i Have Had My Bouts With The Mites,if I Was You,i Would Keep Going With The Soap Solution, It Worked For Me. But You Have To Be Religous And Thourough. But Its The Safest Way To Go.spray Real Good Dont Rinse. Every 3 Days. Be Very Attentive. You Should Spend Plenty Of Time Looking Closly At Your Leaves. You Have Been Infected, Now You Will Have To Strap On Your Chucks,and Do Battle.

One type of treatment will not eradicate a spider mite infestation. While the soap is a good treatment, you must have several different treatments and alternate them to get rig of these little critters (Rockster calls them "The Borg")

so far they look good, i cant see any webs or moving mites. I'm going to buy a magnifying glass tommorrow to get a better look but i think the NO-PEST STRIP is working along with the other things.
Updates to come.

I'm in a similar boat Doc...

I'm about 10 days away from harvest and I noticed a couple of spider mites...I used safer soap.....keep the temps down...get in there every night to seek and destroy by hand...

I caught them waaaay early (no webs and just a few mites on a few leaves), but it is still strrrressfull..

keep us posted on your progress..

I'm rootin' for us!

Latest posts

Back