Is perpetual grow possible with tent and space bucket

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sctanley007

Reaction score
I guess the title is self-explanatory.

Can I accomplish a perpetual grow with a 2 x 4 Tent and Space buckets?

I finished my first grow which was started in 3 space buckets and quickly upgraded into a 2x4x5 tent with Marshydro 300w x2, 190 CFM fan and carbon filter.

I have a clone from my strongest plant in the tent now and it’s doing extremely well. I’m also popping NL and Black Indica.

What issues are foreseeable if I were to veg and flower in the tent and in the process clone in buckets and move to the tent once flowering concludes?

If clones are taken just before I flip to flower they should be good to go when the others finish. Correct? The buckets have cheap ufo’s so it should be enough light to root. I’m figuring even 3 clones per bucket and choose only the strongest to move onto the tent.

Then do again...and again...and again.

What are my foreseeable problems?

Throwing out an abundance of clones:)

I don't exactly know what space buckets are. Can you tell me about them?

As one who did perpetual grows for years, all I can say is that plants never do exactly what you think/want them to. You could have an entire set of clones die or simply not root. Sometimes plants grow way faster or slower than you think. Disease or pests can affect an entire grow. Timing is critical. If you are going to put 3 clones in a bucket, they are not going to be able to get to any kind of size. I would suggest rooting in something small and then transferring the best one to the bucket.

A space bucket is a set of modified 5 gallon pails with a ufo led mounted to the cover and computer fans for airflow. I attached a pic. I then modified the light and lid further.

I’m not looking for the plants to gain size in the buckets but more so establish roots and be ready to run, or almost ready, once the plants in the tent are harvested.

Timing of when to take the cuttings will have a margin of error but I’m more interested in keeping certain plants continuing. Two buckets will allow me to take several clones of different strains and give better odds of one or more clones making it. (I took 3 clones of the previous plant and only one rooted).

The bucket will simply be a space to house cuttings intern as they root since the tent will be 12/12.

I’m expecting a learning curve and loss of many cuttings along the way. I’m a curious sort of fellow and am more interested in knowing it can work if needed, especially in winter months...during the summer I’d just cut and clone outdoors.

Just trying to foresee kinks in the game plan. I’m brand new to this but have learned having a well thought out plan is essential and keeping in mind what stage the plants will be in 2-3 months is critical. I’ve learned that lesson already.

upload_2018-8-25_14-44-34.jpeg

upload_2018-8-25_14-47-12.jpeg

upload_2018-8-25_14-48-8.jpeg

Most plants take 8-10 weeks (or more) to flower. What are you going to do with the plants after they root while you are waiting for the flowering plants to finish? I can't see a single plant going even 5-6 weeks in the space bucket before becoming way too crowded, let alone 3 plants. Are the insides of the buckets black? Have you used these successfully before?

I have a separate clone tent that I put clones in and still struggle with the size keeping for 6 weeks , I am continuously cutting tops off until they are ready to go in you will struggle with 3 in a bucket

The insides of the buckets are covered in Mylar.

I have used them before and they work really well. Remember this was my first grow and stupidly kept the buckets in the clear which is way too cold. These pics were when in buckets and before the tent.

April 4

upload_2018-8-25_21-29-28.jpeg

April 23
upload_2018-8-25_21-32-42.jpeg

May 22
upload_2018-8-25_21-37-35.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2018-8-25_21-26-30.jpeg
    upload_2018-8-25_21-26-30.jpeg
    76.8 KB · Views: 39

Latest posts

Back