Is proper English gone?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
O

Ogof

Yes; I would like to know if the proper use of the English language is gone.
Or is it just the written English language that is fading out?
Or is it the "internet" that is causing this, or is it that the young are getting bad schooling, or are they just dumbasses?

Spelling has gone out the window. "close enough" is supposed to count?
I do not know. You enlighten me.

Ogof said:
Yes; I would like to know if the proper use of the English language is gone. Or is it just the written English language that is fading out?
Or is it the "internet" that is causing this, or is it that the young are getting bad schooling, or are they just dumbass's?
hy mn u tryn 2 sy smthn abt mi?

dntmes witme mn.

icon10.gif

Hahahahahhahhaha

I am guilty of sloppy typing. I try to remember the old Google spell checker. but laziness is the main culprit for me.

and stoney, you gettin drunk at the keyboard again???? hahahahaha

I passed spelling in school but i'll be damned if i can spell certin words now.. spell check can't even fix some of my errors. Plus i hate grammer, pisses me off.... this comming from someone who wanted to be an English Major,and become a High School Teacher for the longest time.

Mutt said:
I am guilty of sloppy typing. I try to remember the old Google spell checker. but laziness is the main culprit for me.

and stoney, you gettin drunk at the keyboard again???? hahahahaha
Bro's Grunt, thanks man, I try. I just love to laugh. They tell me it'll make me live longer. LONGER? Oh shit!

Hey Mutt! That VO bottle and I have had many a great night on the keyboard. It's still there when I wake up and pry the F5 key out of my left eye, most of the time. Hahhaahhaha

I am not really speaking about sloppy typing. I am the same when it comes time to type in a forum. You tend to type fast and miss letters. So what, I say. I am talking about the blatant use of improper english. Kind of like they do not know spelling or grammar (on a consistent basis). Not your occasional typo.
Kind of like Stoney in the above post (LOL).

Thanks for answering.

has nuhtin to do whit the sbujcet but i konw you can all raed tihs rihgt? yaeh i laern tihs in myspace lol

Yeah it can be read, but a pain. You learned it in myspace. That is funny.

i like how er 1 in her uszes proper englash cuz some 1 pozted about gramr

Did you know that as long as the first and last letter are in the proper place in the word it is still readable even if the rest of the word is spelled wrong.

sicnarf said:
i like how er 1 in her uszes proper englash cuz some 1 pozted about gramr
Actually, you're close to the right answer. I don't want to be associated with people like those who post as the banned person ggone did. I don't want that type of person being related to me in any possible way. I'd rather show that I AM an ecucated person than to allow myself to use shortcuts on the English language.

everyone who has a computer and is mostly around the teenage-young adult ages (like 13-24) usually talk sloppily on the computer, its just what is easier and what we are accustomed to, its weird, once u see your friends type like that u also start too
STONEY BUD HAHAHA

BrownieDaKid said:
everyone who has a computer and is mostly around the teenage-young adult ages (like 13-24) usually talk sloppily on the computer, its just what is easier and what we are accustomed to, its weird, once u see your friends type like that u also start too
STONEY BUD HAHAHA
It's one thing to use phonetic abbreviations, but when one also uses incredibly poor grammar, punctuation and structure, it shows only a lazy mind and an uneducated person. The two examples I'll show are the difference:

First; educated abbreviation:

ive bin goin roun the tree, talkin 2 ya.

Notice the structure of the sentence is proper, the punctuation is not only present, but used properly and no extra verbiage is introduced.

Secondly; the "I quit learning in 3rd grade" abbreviation:

yea dud i jus an well gon 2 like hey im jus, gown 2hyt it

Which is an idiots way of saying:

Yeah Dude, I'm going to hit it now. Meaning of course, that the person speaking is going to leave.

The second example is what we were treated to by the shining examples of illiteracy in another thread.

I do like to talk with written dialectal abbreviations like:

Hey man, I'm goin uptown l8r. Wanna come?

Well, I think we've perhaps worn this thread, bare, (pun intended).

i dnno im 15 and i jss type like this.. better then some stupid ass people typin like tHiS oN LiNe thInkIn thEy aLL cOo aNd sHieT .. oH shIet uPpEr CaSe anD lOweR CaSe cRazy sHiT aYe?

be articulate...dont sound stupid, if you arent smart at least fake it. foe shizzle

lmao..."If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with bullshit"..

Latest posts

Back