is strange

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stoner 420

Reaction score
i have got 5 plants started and all of them but one is funny looking... what i mean is that the embroyic leaves on the sprout there r only on of them and two jagged leaves if there r two then one is bigger than the other.. is this strange or is it normal... i can not get any of them to do any more than sprout they r growing slow and i have a dual 25 watt shop light on them plus two 13watt cfl and they where growing pretty good then they just stoped they seem not to be getting what they need...

i am going to get two of the 40 watt shop bulbs should i wait to put them in till flowering stage... i was reading some stuff about force flowering is this right and how could i go about doing it right...

how long should it take to get so good growth out of the sprouts should it take about a week or so to get two layer of leaves.

Some plants are a bit on the mutated side. It's an unfortunate occurence that happens when a hybrid isn't stable.

But is that your issue...I don't know. Give them some time to continue developing.

Also...its better to add more CFLs than tubes...especially when they're all cutesy little n stuff. You'd get more light on the plant.

what kind of light is your shop light? to grow you need either MH, Floros, or HPS. other bulbs wont have the right spectrum of light.

p.s. you need the proper ballist for each bulb also.

i have a 25 watt fluro light with two bulbs and two 13 watt cfl and i just found some 40 watt tubes for 3 buck and i found some cfl 42 watt for 8 bucks which should i do first... i also found a 400watt metal halide light for 28 bucks but i was curious wheather i have to have a different ballast to run it. it looks like it would screw into a regular light socket if so i will get it if not i am going to get the two 40 watt tubes and a 24'' tube for a different light and some new cfls... i am debating on getting the 400 watt mh bulb if i don't have to purchase a new ballast so if any of u have bought a 400 watt mh bulb from lowes then pls let me know if i have to have a new ballast..... oh yeah just a question what is LST and where do i find out how to do it
these seeds r a bagseed so yeah probably a little off the normal side.... just trying to get the basics so i can purchase some misty or purple power seeds or maybe even sone early misty.............
oh yeah a little question on force flowering i have tryed to find it but can't how can i or can i force the plants to flower and if i can when is a good time to do this

a 400w MH needs a special ballast, just like 600w and 1000w. i doubt it fits in a "normal" socket - it needs a special 1. oh, ya can get 600w MH in europe but havent seen them here yet. force flowering means that when you have reached the desired height in veg - you then turn the lights off for 36 hours. this "forces" the plant to think its dieing and preflower starts quicker then normal. i can buy a 400w MH kit complete with bulb here in bc; wired 110v for under 200.00. thats 16' of proper cord and bulb/modem attached to a boxed 400w MH ballast and 12' of cord to the wall plug-in. just got 1 for 184.00 including 13% taxes.

i had a couple that had funky leave patterns and they did just fine...one was mutated and growing 3 seperate leavestems...for about 4 knuckles...still had fat buds

hell, man, wait till ya grow blueberry or any hybrid. then ya will see hallo'ween in the flesh. weird and scary

astra.......

you know my situacion as of now..........i have 10 ww that need to be sexed and want to know the sexes asap!!! do you recommend this process of forcing flowering for 36 hrs?????? im ready to flower these ww's so i can get rid of the males and also get the best lady and do it right by cloning.......i dont care about the bud coming off these ww's as much as i care about finding the strongest *****. Also once i grab the best female i want to put her w/ the sour saver lady i have...........what is the most economical way to do this w/ fluros.........evy1's advice is appreciated

Don't mean to cut in Irish but I have a question about this forced flowering to find the sex too. And I haven't see it brought up.

Astra...
I've been reading about this forcing of the flowering to find sex but I was wondering when you do this do you have to keep the plant in flowering the rest of the way? I've read that some people are told to start this forced flowering when they are pretty small, is it meant that you have to keep them short? And once you find that your plants are fems lets say and you are able to go back to veg, does this not give risk to it going hermi?
New guy here just trying to do this right.
And please answer Irishman first.

Again sorry about the cut in Irish

no need to apologize puff...........its the answers to the questions people ask where you learn the most unless you wanna be a forum ***** and post every ? you can think of...........lol......:D

Irish

I, personlly, am not in favor of "force flowering" and revegging.(and personally am not a believer in 36 hours of darkness) The fastest, most economical, plant friendly, practical method.."IMHO" is to take a cutting, place it in a glass of water and put it under 12/12. It will easily survive in water long enough to detemine sex.
You've not stressed, shocked nor slowed your prospective "Mother" plant.

if ya read my post you will see that i said when i decide to go to flower; i do the 36 hour preflower. this is because i keep mothers and dont have to worry about males as im doing clones. now irish for yer 10 plants - what i do is the baggy thing for selected possible mom's while they are in veg. if it turns out to be a male, i chop it then and there. you take 1 branch and cover it fer 6 hours of the end of the light cycle and then it gets 6 dark = 12 hours dark or if yer 24/7 then put the bag on fer 12 hours a day until sex shows. i dont worry about it reveg'ing as if it shows female, i chop the branch and if i get balls, i chop it.

irish = ya said yer ready for flower, so do the 36 hour thingy and the flowers will show sooner then normal. chop the males and just continue on

hick, i dont like revegging either so i cut off the branch or just the part that flowered. but the 36 hour thingy is just a short cut taught to me by a botanist friend that uses it in the industry for all flowers. and yer bud sites get more time to ripen IMHO. so whats the problem, my friend??

astra007 said:
hick, i dont like revegging either so i cut off the branch or just the part that flowered. but the 36 hour thingy is just a short cut taught to me by a botanist friend that uses it in the industry for all flowers. and yer bud sites get more time to ripen IMHO. so whats the problem, my friend??

There isn't a problem...other than "I" don't agree 100% with your advice. "I" have an "IMHO" as you do. Personally "I" have not found the 36 hr "trick" to affect flowering time 'significantly'. You listen to your botanist friend, I will go with my personal experience.

get the best lady and do it right by cloning.
..now, "IF" he is interested in keeping one of these fems as a "Mother" for cloneing, your advise to "flower" is flawed...no?...unless he is planning to reveg 'after' determining sex. "quote"..this "forces" the plant to think its dieing and preflower starts quicker then normal." "end quote"

Now let us review the simplicity of your ammended sexing post. Tieing a 'light proof' baggie on a branch then untieing and removing it twice daily, on schedule, on 10 plants, for possibly up to 2 weeks, simply doesn't sound as practical as the simple act of cutting a branch and placing it in a glass of water under 12/12 and watching it...."IMHO"

i conceed yer point if he has another light under which he can go 12/12 and as im familar with his grow and you aint, your advise can be expensive. IMHO. with the baggie thing, he can do a "trick" to the plant utilizing 18/6 or 24/7 light - understand my thinking?

but since he is ready to go to flower now; i advice is to do the 36 hour preflower method to speed up sexing IMHO again. i was answering 2 people at the same time. and remembering to change the water in the glass, putting it under a separate light for 1 cutting or 10, remembering which cutting belongs to each plant ect........ seems to me a little more confusing then just tieing a black bag on a branch tip; and if ya do forget it fer a day, no harm done. cuting off that female/male tip is no more of a loss to the plant then you cutting a clone. and no where did i say anything about revegging and losing time to this or fu ckin up the plant.

oh and to clarify somethin else my friend, i always flower the first generation. i take a clone from the best female seed female for my mother as this is an exact duplicate of the other plant. = these become my breeding MOM'S or CLONING MOMS. sorry i did not mention this.

astra007 said:
oh and to clarify somethin else my friend, i always flower the first generation. i take a clone from the best female seed female for my mother as this is an exact duplicate of the other plant. = these become my breeding MOM'S or CLONING MOMS. sorry i did not mention this.

"I" prefer the first generation clones as 'donors' , too. I think they're easier to manipulate into multiple branching and make better donors/mothers than the plants from seed. It also gives me the oppurtunity to select a plant with the qualities preferred in the final product by flowering the plants from seed. While cuttings are rooting and vegging.
But, THAT isn't the way "I" interpretted his post. "I" understood irish to be wanting one of the plants from seed as a "mother" to multi clone ASAP.

but since he is ready to go to flower now; i advice is to do the 36 hour preflower method to speed up sexing IMHO again. i was answering 2 people at the same time. and remembering to change the water in the glass, putting it under a separate light for 1 cutting or 10, remembering which cutting belongs to each plant ect........ seems to me a little more confusing then just tieing a black bag on a branch tip; and if ya do forget it fer a day, no harm done. cuting off that female/male tip is no more of a loss to the plant then you cutting a clone. and no where did i say anything about revegging and losing time to this or up the plant.
To answer this..."NO" I don't think a piece of masking tape, with a hand written label corresponding with a label on the pots, taped to a glass is as difficult or 'any more' confusing than tieing and untieing a black bag up to 20 times per plant. And that's my opinion.
i was answering 2 people at the same time.
well, I hope it confused them as much as it did me.

Listen..I never said your advice was "wrong". I did give what "I" believe to be an easier, more practical alternative. Now pull yer panties outta' the crack of your ass and curb the language.

hey you old............ you said you like to debate things and thats what we are doin........right? i VALUE your opinion so dont get all snarky. your last post was great right up the the last couple o' lines. just could not resist, could ya? phppphhhttttmmmpphhtt. panties came loose and ........... gave an answer to the world at large. whats another word for fu ck ed up? have a great day and.............until next time....... hee haw mt. dew................

whats another word for **** ed up?
..mucked, fouled, screwed, (****)ed, jacked, messed, buggered, ....pick one, and use it. Thank you :D

Latest posts

Back