Is sugar a drug?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is sugar a drug?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't know

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I would say so
Look up how many teaspoon are in a 12oz coke
I was addicted to soda (sugar) and it caused all kinds of problems as you get older
Just like smokes the companies made them to be habit forming to make more money off the Sheeple.

IMO sugar is a drug,,,and not a very good one ,,,I used to drink a 12 pack of coke every day ,,,when I quit drinking soda I got real bad head aches for about a week ,,,but I think that was caffeine withdrawal more then sugar ,,,

IMO sugar is a drug,,,and not a very good one ,,,I used to drink a 12 pack of coke every day ,,,when I quit drinking soda I got real bad head aches for about a week ,,,but I think that was caffeine withdrawal more then sugar ,,,
I agree Ziggy
I was addicted myself and so was my older sister
I was a 2 liter a day man, and she was a six pack like you (pretty close 72oz compared to 67.62ozs for my bottle)
So yes I had withdrawls just like you.
I use to drink the coke for my headaches it was very hard to quit.
My sister to this day allows herself one can a day
seems to work for her, I can not touch it, it is like crack candy to me.
I start and can not stop.

Lets see I use to drink sweet sodas and eat candy to relieve my Bad headaches and it worked well because of the sugar , I believe it may therefore qualify as a drug,

Drug-
[drəɡ]
NOUN
drugs (plural noun)
  1. a medicine or other substance which has a physiological effect when ingested or otherwise introduced into the body.
And also A Big Hello to the OP LOL whoops

Remember the soylent green, stigman? of course you do. lol.
Oh Yes
th

Remebers too​

The medical and legal definition of addiction has changed over the last 20 years or so . Twenty years ago to be addicted - you must need to increase the dose to produce the same effects. This is why cigarette companies could argue that they weren't addicting.

That being said. There are 3 grams of ' sugar ' in a cup of cabbage. If you are fighting cancer with a diet, you might know that. ( Cancer loves sugar )
I think we eat about a hundred and fifty pounds of sugar a year. I probably ate 250. The worst kind too Hostess Donnetts, ding dongs twinkies ( when hostess went bankrupt and then came back the whipped cream was even better. Candy bars everytime from Home Depot checkout .
I would probably say that after 50 years I was addicted
Speach class in College - I gave a speach on eating do nuts.

Moms love candy . Chocolate- the magic formula half fat half sugar

The medical and legal definition of addiction has changed over the last 20 years or so . Twenty years ago to be addicted - you must need to increase the dose to produce the same effects. This is why cigarette companies could argue that they weren't addicting.

That being said. There are 3 grams of ' sugar ' in a cup of cabbage. If you are fighting cancer with a diet, you might know that. ( Cancer loves sugar )
I think we eat about a hundred and fifty pounds of sugar a year. I probably ate 250. The worst kind too Hostess Donnetts, ding dongs twinkies ( when hostess went bankrupt and then came back the whipped cream was even better. Candy bars everytime from Home Depot checkout .
I would probably say that after 50 years I was addicted
Speach class in College - I gave a speach on eating do nuts.

Moms love candy . Chocolate- the magic formula half fat half sugar
My Mother was addicted to sugar sodas and candies just like I was . so maybe it is all hereditary.

I've been a recovering Alcohol, sober for 30 years. I gave up tobacco 6 years ago. I gave up cocaine in the 80s. I've been on water only for 5 years. But I am now, and always have been, fat. I'm such a sugar junkie, I am now an insulin dependent type 2 diabetic.

I've been a recovering Alcohol, sober for 30 years. I gave up tobacco 6 years ago. I gave up cocaine in the 80s. I've been on water only for 5 years. But I am now, and always have been, fat. I'm such a sugar junkie, I am now an insulin dependent type 2 diabetic.

Well you must be tough or awful stubborn to give up those vices, i say congratulations!

Lets see I use to drink sweet sodas and eat candy to relieve my Bad headaches and it worked well because of the sugar , I believe it may therefore qualify as a drug,

Drug-
[drəɡ]
NOUN
drugs (plural noun)
  1. a medicine or other substance which has a physiological effect when ingested or otherwise introduced into the body.
And also A Big Hello to the OP LOL whoops
Back at you as well Stiggy! ;)

:eek:. You are officially HARD CORE. Not many people could give up ONE of those poisons let alone 3. I wish there was a thumbs up smiley I'd put it here. :cool:

Latest posts

Back