Is that true that we cannot grow some weed strains indoors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was told on another forum to not bother trying to grow ‘pure’ sativas inside when I started growing a Thai strain. I was a newbie and tried it anyway in a 2x4 tent with t5 lights. Lots of LST and I was rewarded with 10 oz’s of nice bud. So, in answer to your question, it is doubtful there are strains that cannot be grown inside.

I would not grow something like Vietnam Black indoors…or some Thais ….not when they flower for 25 to 35 weeks and take over one’s grow room with a viney jungle…it’s a nightmare!

i tried to grow some Dalit x Vietnamese Black indoors and was NOT successful

that plant needed a 30’ x 30’ grow room just by itself

Give it to me and I will grow it. However I have never experienced a plant like Big just described. My only problem has been with some strains have a tendency to herm like Jackie O others are more susceptible to PM. Other than that some are more of a challenge than others but can be brought to harvest.

I would not grow something like Vietnam Black indoors…or some Thais ….not when they flower for 25 to 35 weeks and take over one’s grow room with a viney jungle…it’s a nightmare!

i tried to grow some Dalit x Vietnamese Black indoors and was NOT successful

that plant needed a 30’ x 30’ grow room just by itself
I hear strains that grow in the tropics need 11 hours of light or less to force them to flower.

Not sure how much I believe that…but I’ve heard it.

I grew a Black Vietnamese/Northern Lights cross indoors. Grew it in a hydro SCROG. Great success. Six plants filled up a 4'X4' screen. Very nice yield. Did much better outside. Easily 4 times the yield, maybe more. Topped it many times to keep it within a six foot fence.

The main advantage to growing outdoors is obviously the yield. The best I've ever done is about 5 oz in one plant. I look at some of Big's trees and I'm amazed at the colas that he pulls off those things. I'll never grow outside I live in the city and very redneck neighborhood. So I'm stuck with a tent and my little harvest.

Pute I had thread here with a OG plant under 1k in a 4x4 that was about a lb IIRC, I also had a bubba mom do about the same, thought I had that documented here must have been before the crash?

OG one…here it was (first link wasn’t right) strange this is 2009…thought we lost everything from like 2011 and before?

this was so long ago I really need to refresh my memory

looks like this was a 4 plant one so ignore this post😝
https://www.marijuanapassion.com/threads/14oz-og-harvest-4x4x8-grow-ebbnflo.44821/
Ok this appears to be the single bubba mom I flowered and it looks like it was ~11oz so about 3/4lb
https://www.marijuanapassion.com/threads/ogks-bubba-6-month-old-mother.45598/

Last edited:
The main advantage to growing outdoors is obviously the yield. The best I've ever done is about 5 oz in one plant. I look at some of Big's trees and I'm amazed at the colas that he pulls off those things. I'll never grow outside I live in the city and very redneck neighborhood. So I'm stuck with a tent and my little harvest.
The four BlackLights I grew outside netted me a 4.4 pound dried harvest, and all the small buds went to hash and weren't counted. I did nothing special. They were grown in plain old topsoil that had maple leaf, grass clippings, and a small amount of chicken/duck/goose po rototilled in.
The three indoor and one outdoor grows gave me enough smokeable goodies that I haven't had to grow another crop. Man can only have so much weed hanging around. In all honesty, I could stay ripped 24/7 and still not smoke up all the stash before it was dirt nap time.

Are they still friends? Where the **** is Mendel anyway?

he is south of me about 100 miles or so

we had some hamburgers at BJ’s a couple months ago and swapped some gear

hes growing out some of my some Snow Leopard and maybe more

that Snow Leopard was a 3-5 pounder per plant outdoors…we grew 6 of them 2 yrs ago and are still enjoying the herb , it has a nice 18 month cure on it , smooth and Stoney , it’s our go to night time medication

You would have to ask Big......long story. Mendel used to live in the same small town as Big and move further south the last I heard. Think he inherited some land in the SE corner of Colo. Hasn't he been on over at Woody's place?

What about the heat outside from the scorching sun?

Mendel use to come over to Woody's all the time. Haven't seen him in there in along time.

Latest posts

Back