Is that true that we cannot grow some weed strains indoors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, as long as they get sufficient water. Some of the best weed comes from either close to the equator or high on a mountain side, both of which are known for intense sunlight.

and high Uv

one year we grew on the prairie at 4300 feet and up in Victor at 10,000 feet

same plants

very different results

the 10k flowers had twice as much trichomes , I suppose it was to help protect the leaves from the intense Uv , I dunno?

this is just my opinion , no facts to back it up , but Maui wowie grown in Hawaii is different that grown in Oklahoma…

my guess is it is a combination of the sun and dirt that makes the difference..all that volcanic dirt is difficult to replicate in Tulsa vs Kona Hawaii

10k ft is going to be a lot colder then 4k. Cold air causes marijuana to increase resin production, as well as cold air reduces the harmful overheating cellular effects from intense UV. Heat and UV oxidize resin.
You ever have a trampoline over grass? The grass under the trampoline grows at 3-5x the rate, is much darker green and much healthier. No brown tips at the cut ends from the mower. This is called light deprivation. You let plants veg in full sun then when the flowers start growing you block the harmful UV with a lightly woven fabric, like a “shade sail.”
UV damages plant tissue the same as it does human skin cells. The tops of plants usually take the brunt of harmful UV and subsequently the highest levels of cannabinoids are found just under the top, shaded by the main top.

Edit to add: Latitude will drastically affect UV absorbance as well as Azimuth. If you are in Washington on a north facing mountain you might see 1/10 the solar irradiance as if you were in San Diego on a 32 degree inclined southwest facing mountain.

Last edited:
If a plant survives, thrives, and produces ripe fruit to harvest then there is no wrong. But you’ll notice that sometimes some fruit off the same tree is tastier then other fruit.

Latest posts

Back