is the smell really that bad?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geoff1917

Reaction score
very nice forum you guys have here with tons of information. ive read quite a few of the guides fully and i have some videos that i found online downloading right now. back to topic, im moving to a friends apartment in the next coming months and he has a closet that is on the balcony that is 6'x3'x10' and then there is opening in the ceiling that leads to an attic. im wondering whether i should grow in the closet using a shelf system or maybe even a grow box or should i take it up to the attic. im not sure how big the attic is but im imaging it's faily large. also how hardcore is the smell? if i grow in the closet/attic will the neighbors be able to smell it? thats my only consern. im using 3-6 gallon containers so i think i should be able to get anywhere from 5-10 plants? what do you guys think? thanks for the help and awesome forum you have here:D

depends on the strain. also humid rooms tend to stink alot more than dry ones. U can use activecharcoal filters on a vent or an ozonator to kill smells.

Depending on the strain, it could smell very bad like a skunk that has just recently sprayed in the area. Some strains have very little smell to them. If you are worried about smell, there are alot of DIY projects to help with the smell.

ok thanks for the input guys, i think the room is gonna be dry, i can't imagine it being extremly humid in there. i still don't know whether to grow in the closet or the attic. the closet is allready flat white and i think there are outlets in there so im leaning more towards that.

mine smells way more at night, but really still have to get in the room. i think its because of less airflow in the dark cycle.

geoff1917 said:
ok thanks for the input guys, i think the room is gonna be dry, i can't imagine it being extremly humid in there. i still don't know whether to grow in the closet or the attic. the closet is allready flat white and i think there are outlets in there so im leaning more towards that.

Goodluck wit evryting!!

im going to invest in a ozonator to take care of the smell. thanks guys. gonna be a while before i get any pics up, not moving there till may but im getting my research done early.

I wouldn't go attic if you can. Attics are the least ideal. They get hot in the summer and cold in the winter. To keep perfect ambient temp. all year is very difficult. Smell wise it depends on strain like they said, but are you in an apt. building??? Or do you share a stairwell or hallway with a neighbor????

it's a 100% normal apartment. im on the top floor, the closet is located basicly outside of the apartment on a balcony. the neighbors are next door and there is a wall of course. no hallways are shared. i was wondering on the strain i was just thinking of just getting some seeds from friends but now that i think about it i never see krip with seeds so i may have to order from a website. is that safe/good idea?

If you have no areas in your apt. that are shared then I would not worry about it too much. Many strains really stink but can be contained without expensive devices. Keep the windows shut and no one can smell sh**.

allright goodshit, thanks bro. yeah the room is completly isolated from every part of the place and very far away from the door of the apt. one more noob quetion. should i invest in some of that wall covering that protects against i guess heat detection from authorities? i doubt they would be looking in this apartment since it's mainly middle aged people living here but just wondering.

now all i have to do is find what type of light source im gonna be using.the room is flat white allready and setting up shelves, floor covers, etc should be easy.

The infared that I think you are talking about is soo obsolete. How much wattage do you have in 1 room??? If you are getting really bad smell just cook something with onions. I have had the police at my house with 4 plants in the closet and 2 drying . I 'burnt' garlic and they had no idea at all since its so overpowering.

lol, i hate onions!!! im not sure what the wattage of the room is, im not even sure if there is an outlet in the closet, may have to run an extention from the wall outside the closet.

Well extension cords cant be used with HID lights safely. That is the #1 concern safety. You need to find out the amperage so you dont blow a fuse and really mess yourself up.

how should i go about finding that out? ask the landlord or something? i was planning on using flourecent lights.

No man go to the main fusebox. Probably in the basement. Open the door and see if its marked, don't worry you won't get shocked. You are looking to see if each apt. is labeled. If so you can see the amperage for your place at least, dont call the landlord!!!!! Thats too sketchy. Flo. lights are only good for cloning and and veg. If you only have them elec. is no problem. You need HID for good size nugs

allright will do, good info. how are seed websites? i saw something about ppl sending there orders to alternate adressess? i may not order from the web if it's sketchy buisness

If you live in the us then its very sketchy. You should take a trip to Canada. Its worth it you can get any seeds there. I would not order them even though some people do its not kosher. Its worth the trip. You need a passport though

yeah ive got a passport but i live in florida, very bottom of the us.lol. i'll probably just try and find some seeds from local strains then.

Ya thats far south. I am 3 hours from Toronto. Go to Amsterdam smuggle them

Latest posts

Back