Is this a hermie???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok I will destroy. I took clones from the plant that are just about ready to flower, do u think they are hermies too or does it look like that female was pollenated from another plant?

i wouldent say you had proof that you had a hermie cause it was seeded m8 mybe a male put tat bean ther chek it over if ther no nanners then it ant hermie and your cuts are cool and even your beans you get would be ok .///peace // hope this helps

It is impossible to say where the pollen came from, but it is a good chance that it was hermie pollen since you are sure you got your males out in time. Nanners can hide deep inside buds and never be evident. Just because you cannot find the hermie nanner does not mean that it didn't hermie. Unfortunately, the clones will probably hermie also. As hard as this is, I would recommend getting rid of those clones and starting over with different stock.

I'm buying all female seeds from now on...DAMMIT!!!! I think I'll grow them out and smoke until I get the right seeds going. I know they won't be as potent if they are filled with seeds. I will wash the room thoroughly before the next babies go in. Thanks for being so so helpful!

i just did 5 fem beans 2 dud 2 male 1 fem// it could have been a male you had in ther iv had a few hermies and norm bout 10/ male 90/female its been noticabel every time yes the nanners can hide but not all will be deep in your bud my bet is it was 1 of your males and your clones will be safe i wouldent chuk nanty unless i was sure;)

Trojan46312 said:
I'm buying all female seeds from now on...DAMMIT!!!!

What? Fem seeds are far far more apt to hermie than reg seeds...

And sorry, Jesuse, but I disagree with you. I doubt that it was one of his males. You really DO know if one of your boys drops pollen. And yes, nanners can and do hide deep inside buds. I had a hermie several years ago from bag seed and never did find the nanners, but I had plenty of seeds and no males in my room.

Wow, I didn't know that! I'm confused :) I thought female seeds were less likely to herm. I will keep u guys posted on the happenings. I just hate to start over. I really have no choice but to let the clones grow because I don't have the money to buy the new beans yet :) I guess I'll be smoking some regular old weed for a while if they are in fact seed infested :)

well it is no fun, i just had one turn well, thg is it possible for one to turn male a month after flower b/c thats what happend to me, i was looking for hermies and never saw the balls under the leafs untill to late. now after a good cleaning all is well again for now.

I harvested these plants and they turned out to be hermies. Seeds were everywhere. However I don't think the trait was in the genetics because the clones are all female and loving life 6 weeks into flower. I think I stressed them out with heat or I pulled the definite males way too late. Thanks for all the help guys.

The Hemp Goddess said:
What? Fem seeds are far far more apt to hermie than reg seeds...

And sorry, Jesuse, but I disagree with you. I doubt that it was one of his males. You really DO know if one of your boys drops pollen. And yes, nanners can and do hide deep inside buds. I had a hermie several years ago from bag seed and never did find the nanners, but I had plenty of seeds and no males in my room.

My Skunk 11 hermied after a serious heat issue, never showed a nanner, but I knew...too late! Seeds were everywhere on the S11, some in the nearby babes and none in the last few in the room!

Trojan46312 said:
Wow, I didn't know that! I'm confused :) I thought female seeds were less likely to herm. I will keep u guys posted on the happenings. I just hate to start over. I really have no choice but to let the clones grow because I don't have the money to buy the new beans yet :) I guess I'll be smoking some regular old weed for a while if they are in fact seed infested :)

With regular seeds you have a 50/50 shot at a female. With fem seeds you are sure to get a female, but they state the hermie rate is about 80/20. I have grown only fem seeds so far, I am on my 4th grow, I grow 2 plants at a time. I am 100% so far, all female, no hermies, and I only grow fem seeds. I stress my plants as little as possible, I keep my grows KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid), and I have had no sign of a hermie. So I will continue to grow fem seeds, especially in my little setup. With only 2 plants at a time, I can't afford to use regular seeds. If one tunrs out to be a male, there goes 1/2 of my grow, so thats why I use fem seeds, and luckily, I am 100% non hermie so far. Good Luck to you.

"Femmenized" seeds are NO guarantee of females.
environment early in veg' can play a roll in male to female ratio from seeds as well.( i.e. you can increase the probability of females from 'regular' seeds, through certain environmental factors) http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21546

Clones of plants that 'have' hermied, have the "exact" same propensity as the donors. It IS genetic. If slight or even "not so" slight stress induced staminate flowers in the mothers, "so goes" the cuttings/clones.
Cuttings from a quality, stable, female will be female every time. No need to buy "more" expensive, femminized seeds, no worry of hermies..:confused2:

I got my learnin hat on now:) This is interesting to me. Are yu saying that in a plant from this situation, even if the cuttings were taken early (during veg growth) and the herm trait didn't show up until flowering, that the herm trait is surfaced enough in this plant to also automatically show in the clones? or is that this plant has shown itself to be susceptible enough in its genetic profile to hermie that the clones would also have the same genetic susceptability? Does this occur across a spectrum where the genetic profile could have a varying susecptability from definite herms at maturation to only herming under significant stress? or is it a tighter genetic profile that expresses itself as definite herm susceptability OR only occuring in definite terms of stress? I hope I am making since here. I guess what I am really asking is; if I have a strain that has done well and then I mess up and cause a hermie to occur but I took cuttings far ahead of the herm expression (ahead of the stress that brought on the herm) are my clones anymore susceptible to herm than before? Have I damaged the line that I am growing or just exposed a weakness that was present from the original mother, and would be able to avoid in the future by not allowing the stress that caused the herm to appear?:)

I wld say you wld hve exposed a weakness that was present in the original mother.....it is not like you made them anymore likely to show. Think of it as a sneak peak. Jmo

Hick said:
"Femmenized" seeds are NO guarantee of females.
environment early in veg' can play a roll in male to female ratio from seeds as well.( i.e. you can increase the probability of females from 'regular' seeds, through certain environmental factors) http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21546

Clones of plants that 'have' hermied, have the "exact" same propensity as the donors. It IS genetic. If slight or even "not so" slight stress induced staminate flowers in the mothers, "so goes" the cuttings/clones.
Cuttings from a quality, stable, female will be female every time. No need to buy "more" expensive, feminized seeds, no worry of hermies..:confused2:

When cuttings are not available (like in my case), then femmed seeds are the way to go. They may not be guaranteed to be female, but I have not only gotten 100% female plants, and no hermies, no one I know that grows from fem seeds (about 10 other people) has ever gotten a male out of a fem seed package. So it may not gaurantee it, but if you are buying from reputable seed banks, you are going to get females out of your fem seeds.

I am not dissing normal seeds, nor clones. I can not grow mothers due to my space and living conditions. I do not have 1 extra inch of space to spare in my house for anything else grow related, so mothers and clones are out for me. Regular seeds are also out due to needing 2 females for every grow since thats all I can grow.

So in situations like mine, fem seeds are absolutely the solution, and since I have seen nothing but female plants from fem seeds, I basically ignore those who tell me that fem seeds do not always produce females and will produce hermies. I have seen neither, so I will continue to ride my wave of success.

Someday, when I am in a better living arrangement and have a whole room to grow in, I will grow mothers and clone them. Until then, I will keep buying fem seeds from reputable seed banks and keep banging out all female plants. Peace. :)

Hushpuppy said:
I got my learnin hat on now:) This is interesting to me. Are yu saying that in a plant from this situation, even if the cuttings were taken early (during veg growth) and the herm trait didn't show up until flowering, that the herm trait is surfaced enough in this plant to also automatically show in the clones? or is that this plant has shown itself to be susceptible enough in its genetic profile to hermie that the clones would also have the same genetic susceptability? Does this occur across a spectrum where the genetic profile could have a varying susecptability from definite herms at maturation to only herming under significant stress? or is it a tighter genetic profile that expresses itself as definite herm susceptability OR only occuring in definite terms of stress? I hope I am making since here. I guess what I am really asking is; if I have a strain that has done well and then I mess up and cause a hermie to occur but I took cuttings far ahead of the herm expression (ahead of the stress that brought on the herm) are my clones anymore susceptible to herm than before? Have I damaged the line that I am growing or just exposed a weakness that was present from the original mother, and would be able to avoid in the future by not allowing the stress that caused the herm to appear?:)

I think you 'got it'.. ;) the cutting "shouldn't" be any more or less susceptible than the donor was.

Latest posts

Back