Is this a hermie???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trojan46312

Reaction score
I see little balls growing in the flowers but not in the internodes like the usual male flower pics I'm used to seeing. The balls have little hairs growing out of them. Is this normal or is this a hermie plant? Please help. Don't want to wait too late.

Hermie???.jpg

Trojan46312 said:
I see little balls growing in the flowers but not in the internodes like the usual male flower pics I'm used to seeing. The balls have little hairs growing out of them. Is this normal or is this a hermie plant? Please help. Don't want to wait too late.
Yes, destroy. Well I do believe anyways

can u take a few more pics with the HPS off and other light maybe natural light?

looks bit like a seed to me defo not normal for sesi

It looks like one from here. As OGK said, put a few more pics up if you can. Is that your only plant? If so, I'd keep it anyway. On the other hand, if you have others that are female it will fertilize them.

Don't kill it just yet....kinda looks like a seed pod. I get these a lot on my plants...don't usually notice them till I am trimming. Better pics wld yield in better answers I wld guess.

looks like a seed pod to me too..If it were me I would pull it off of there and see..

Had to step away for a while but I will take some more pics asap. I really don't want to kill it but I don't want to take any chances either. Thanks for all the responses.

Trojan46312 said:
Had to step away for a while but I will take some more pics asap. I really don't want to kill it but I don't want to take any chances either. Thanks for all the responses.
Well couldnt of been to bad.

I, personally thing it look like a hermie. But, we do need more/better pics. However, in the meantime, pluck that thing off and see if you can figure out if it is a seed pod, swollen calyx, or male flower.

I tried to get some better pics. Hope they are clear enough. If I squeeze them, how can I tell if they are seeds are not? I pulled one off and broke it open and it smelled fruity and had juice in the middle? Seedpod? This particular plant is Ice and is in it's 5th week of flower.

Pic 1.jpg

Pic 2.jpg

Pic 3.jpg

Could it have been pollenated accidently?If you don't think you or somebody else did then I would say hermie.Is this Nirvana's Ice,cause there is talk of alot of those going hermie.If it's all you got then I say grow it on out,but if you have others at least seperate this from them and see what happens.I noticed also them spots on the fan leaves,what causes that?

Thanks for the clearer pics. I do not believe this is a hermie. You do have swollen calyx, however if there is no indication of a seed, I think it is just that--swollen calyx. Also on a pollinated plant, the hairs will turn red/brown and die.

oldsman said:
Could it have been pollenated accidently?If you don't think you or somebody else did then I would say hermie.Is this Nirvana's Ice,cause there is talk of alot of those going hermie.If it's all you got then I say grow it on out,but if you have others at least seperate this from them and see what happens.I noticed also them spots on the fan leaves,what causes that?

I moved all the definite male plants male plants early so I don't think they had a chance to pollenate. I'm going to let it go for a while and see what happens. Usually spider mites cause spots like that but I don't see any critters under my microscope. I think it might be a ph problem or burn because the spots are only at the top of the plant. Thanks for the response.

The Hemp Goddess said:
Thanks for the clearer pics. I do not believe this is a hermie. You do have swollen calyx, however if there is no indication of a seed, I think it is just that--swollen calyx. Also on a pollinated plant, the hairs will turn red/brown and die.

Ok thanks. I will definitely keep an eye on it. This is a never ending learning experience. Wow.

Trojan46312 said:
Ok thanks. I will definitely keep an eye on it. This is a never ending learning experience. Wow.

I have been growing for about 30 years. I learn new stuff all the time.

I checked all around the plant today and found one of the pods split so I pulled it off and it was a seed. Damn!!!!!! Should I pull any subsequent seeds or is it too late? Will there be seeds throughout the whole plant or just a few buds?

Bummer--I was hoping those were only swollen calyx....

No--it will not help to pull the seed pods off--the damage is done. How many seeds you end up with is dependent on how much pollen was released. However, it does look like it could be heavily seeded. You will need to destroy all the seeds.

30 strech you dont look that old hemp ladie thats if thats you with thae big puff ay smoke in your avatar // must be cause you been smoking for them 3o years to

Latest posts

Back