Is this a male or female???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it could also be what is called a whorled calyx …I’ve seen it a few times on some ak47’s

couldn’t find any decent cannabis photos

Whorl (botany)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to navigationJump to search

Leaf whorls on a herbaceous Lilium michiganense

Leaf whorls on a woody tree, Brabejum stellatifolium
In botany, a whorl or verticil is an arrangement of leaves, sepals, petals, stamens, or carpels that radiate from a single point and surround or wrap around the stem or stalk.[1][2] A leaf whorl consists of at least three elements; a pair of opposite leaves is not called a whorl.
For leaves to grow in whorls is fairly rare except in plant species with very short internodes and some other genera (Galium, Nerium, Elodea etc.). Leaf whorls occur in some trees such as Brabejum stellatifolium and other species in the family Proteaceae (e.g., in the genus Banksia). In plants such as these, crowded internodes within the leaf whorls alternate with long internodes between the whorls.
The morphology of most flowers (called cyclic flowers) is based on four types of whorls:
  1. The calyx: zero or more whorls of sepals at the base
  2. The corolla: zero or more whorls of petals above the calyx
  3. The androecium: zero or more whorls of stamens, each comprising a filament and an anther
  4. The gynoecium: zero or more whorls of carpels, each consisting of an ovary, a style, and a stigma
A flower lacking any of these floral structures is said to be incomplete or imperfect.[3] Not all flowers consist of whorls since the parts may instead be spirally arranged, as in the family Magnoliaceae.
Very helpful… thanks for the feedback!

Silver nitrate was used to produce male flowers with female pollen…

silver nitrate and gibberellic acid seem to be the most popular ways to produce feminized seeds nowadays

i think in the old days breeders would use the pollen from female plants that hermed on themselves , made pollen and seeded itself

this pollen was collected and then used on female plants to make naturally occurring feminized seeds

Making Feminized Seeds Gibberellic Acid Cannabis
Gibberellic acid is also known as Gibberellin A3, GA, and GA3. It is a hormone that typically exists which performs a principal role in the life of the plant. It provokes the seed’s germination by the plant.

Gibberellins are kinds of hormones that are produced by plants in order to manage the many stages of their growth. Numbers of gibberellins like GA3, 4, 5, and 7 breeds male flowers if they are sprinkled on the female plants prior to the onset of their flowering. Gibberellin’s GA3, in particular, is most frequently accessible commercially and it is seen to be the most efficient.

Cannabis growers are most of the time buying gibberellic acid to be applied to on the plants to promote the production of feminized seed. This hormone is commonly accessible in the form of powder.

Here are some guidelines when applying gibberellic acid:

• The powder is being mixed with water and either put to the root system of the plant or sprinkles it straight to the certain spots of the plant’s growth to make male flowers.
  • Gibberellic should be applied carefully.
  • The lower amount of dose will lead to lesser male flowers.
  • A large volume has an inhibitory impact.
  • Gently sprinkle on the top portion of the plant for five straight days and then impose the plants to flower through boosting the continuous dark period to twelve hours per day.
  • The sprinkled portion will slightly stretch.
However, during the first two weeks, the first indications of male flowers will occur. They will turn ripe and set to produce pollen within the next two weeks. Commonly, this gibberellic acid is applied over the length of 10 days to stimulate the plant to make flowers which can be utilized to acquire seeds.

Gibberellic acid applied to the female cannabis plant will stimulate the plant to flourish male flowers. The hormone will typically make female marijuana strains to a hermaphroditic plant which carries both male and female flowers. Male flowers may then pollinate the female flowers on one same plant.

The pollen coming from male flowers may also be gathered to pollinate other flowers on various cannabis plants because, despite the fact that the pollen originated from a male flower, it still has the chromosomes of a female.

I chose colloidal silver because I already had some available.

I could send you a cat or two I have that customized my tent with random claw-mark light leaks to help my plants hermie…
I haven't had that happen. I did have a cat walk into my living room, look at the giant Altec Voice of the theatre speakers, gently humming from tube amp, run full speed launch himself onto the 16 inch driver and claw the crap out of it. Very expensive repair....

Bubba

I haven't had that happen. I did have a cat walk into my living room, look at the giant Altec Voice of the theatre speakers, gently humming from tube amp, run full speed launch himself onto the 16 inch driver and claw the crap out of it. Very expensive repair....

Bubba
Mine use my tent as a highway to get to the basement window to watch the activity in the yard. Fun fact: Liquid Electrical Tape is a good repair option for small holes in a tent. Duct tape always peels off for me…

Mine use my tent as a highway to get to the basement window to watch the activity in the yard. Fun fact: Liquid Electrical Tape is a good repair option for small holes in a tent. Duct tape always peels off for me…
Get some Black Gorilla Tape (heavy duty duct tape) worked good for me

Latest posts

Back