Is this a Nanner ??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bi0phreak420 said:
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:....ITS ALL OPINIONS DUDE DAMN DUHHHHH
Excuse me. What i do is purely scientific research. I sacrifice art and creativity for the greater good that this medicine provides. Ill have you know use CONTROLS; each cycle i EXPERIMENT and TEST all of my grows for total cannbinoids using CHEMISTRY equipment PROVEN to do what it says it does. Gas Chromotagraph and Mass Spectrometer testing arent cheap, bud.

I come here to share a few laughs, document procedures, give some insight, but unless you see me forget to type "In My Opinon" or "I believe" or something to the sort I am sharing facts.

Sheesh man, I'm guessing the reaction you see is because of the comments made by your friend, not because people are down on CFL's or aren't willing to help....but maybe I'm missing something here. IMHO, Bio came in with an attitude toward anything negative even hinted toward CFL's like he was insecure with his operation...note that ONE comment about the lights brought him out and sent him in a tizzy. Wondering why bio didn't ask himself, really.

A better pic would help, is what was asked for in the first place. ONE comment and bio went off

Sixx said:
I am really not trying to be a **** here...
The fact that we are friends has absolutely nothing what-so-ever to do with the contents of this thread... But yes, Its his plant... IF thats the point you were trying to confirm. Like that matters anyway whos plant it is. Just sounded to me like you were trying to be a smart-*** because you didnt like his comments.

So the next time I go over and visit my friend and burn some CFL grown phunk this so-called nanner might be a bit bigger or maybe we just wont be so damn high and can get a better picture for you guys... If you would still like to help us that is.

biophreak knew he wouldn't get the answer he wanted here, so he had you ask?..:rofl: He hasn't made many friends here with his insulting attitude.
"I" don't like his uninformed, inexperienced, and insulting comments.
He doesn't know crap from boot polish but wants to pretend he does :doh:...and I've busted him "red handed" bald faced lying about his experience in an attempt to make his incorrect information appear more valid.
He has "0" credibility with me and my 'tolerance level' for his petty comments is pretty low. .

Just as it often is, when folks are given the painful truth, treated with brutal honesty, they can't accept it. It matters not how many times it has been proven or how scientifically sound the facts might be. They are only going to accept the answer that they want to hear. They are going to believe, and argue, what they want, regardless of the true facts.
AND, if they look long enough, in the right places, they will get the answer that they desire...:confused2:

A better pic would help, is what was asked for in the first place.
There yo go!... rather than cop an attitude about your buddy peeing in his own Post Toasties here, give us something to work with.

:yeahthat: Well said Hick.

OG you are right on too..

Well the CFL's would explain the poxy buds and the horrible stretch even by Sat standards.

Folks, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him torch his grow.

Hick said:
And my experience is absolutely opposite. The picture in the link that I posted was a trainwreck that kicked nanners late in bloom (about 8 weeks if I remember right) and absolutely destroyed the entire room. (I accept the blame for that, for not being more vigilant)
I had tiny **** seeds in everything. Worthless, immature, herophrodite seeds.
THAT is my experience with your so called "S1" progeny.
ANY plant that exhibits "both" sexes is a hermie and won't be getting any more of my time or effort....EVER!
They are poison pills. They are not a desirable characteristic, and should be treated like the plague.

Well thanks for that info Hick mate, that is the very first time I've ever heard of nana's being able to do that but rather suspect maybe you had a true hermaphrodite in there?

Rockster said:
Nana's are a perfectly natural response to not being pollinated and cannot be classed as hermaphrodism Hick mate, as for one, they don't give rise to hermaphrodite progeny but do produce S1 female seed.

The reason they occur is an evolutionary trait, a last gasp chance of passing on their dna, that's all, as we stress the plants by interrupting fertilisation and that is their natural response. True hermaphrodism shows itself as fully formed male plant structures giving off blizzards of pollen which will ruin your crop but in all my 37 years of growing have not had nana's spoil my sensi bud for me or heard of another grower moan his sinsemilla was ruined by a few nana's as they have very little pollen within them compared to a proper male flower so they locally pollinate the very bud they are sitting in and little else.

So don't make storm in a teacup about nana's! :)
Hick said:
And my experience is absolutely opposite. The picture in the link that I posted was a trainwreck that kicked nanners late in bloom (about 8 weeks if I remember right) and absolutely destroyed the entire room. (I accept the blame for that, for not being more vigilant)
I had tiny **** seeds in everything. Worthless, immature, herophrodite seeds.
THAT is my experience with your so called "S1" progeny.
ANY plant that exhibits "both" sexes is a hermie and won't be getting any more of my time or effort....EVER!
They are poison pills. They are not a desirable characteristic, and should be treated like the plague.

I might be willing to make a couple of 'minor' concessions here...:eek:
I do understand that 'late in flower' staminates are often sterile, and that it is not particularly uncommon for some strains to exhibit them. I believe it is more predominate in the more sat dominate or sat' lineage.?
For some folks, a certain "degree" of hermaphrodism may be acceptable. For "me", it simply isn't.
I'm not picking a fight w/ you rocky. :hubba: you know that I respect your experience and passion. But this isn't my first BBQ either. I've only been growing since 1980-'81 though..;)
I just don't agree with the relatively recent, acceptability to hermies. And sometimes wonder if it isn't propagated by folks that just want it to be acceptable. I've grown 'hundreds' of plants over the years as well. I grew bag seeds for a couple of decades, without even knowing what a hermie was. :doh:

Rockster said:
Well thanks for that info Hick mate, that is the very first time I've ever heard of nana's being able to do that but rather suspect maybe you had a true hermaphrodite in there?
well yea ;) a what appeared to be fem' that spit staminate flowers..:confused2:. a "true hermie"...:p

just pokin' at ya' now...;)

Roddy said:
Sheesh man, I'm guessing the reaction you see is because of the comments made by your friend, not because people are down on CFL's or aren't willing to help....but maybe I'm missing something here. IMHO, Bio came in with an attitude toward anything negative even hinted toward CFL's like he was insecure with his operation...note that ONE comment about the lights brought him out and sent him in a tizzy. Wondering why bio didn't ask himself, really?
A better pic would help, is what was asked for in the first place. ONE comment and bio went off

Does it REALLY matter why he didnt ask himself ??? I happened to be sitting at his desk already logged in at MP when he found that possible nanner site. He probably wouldnt have posted here anyway... Ya'll chopped his head off and **** down his neck when he told you he was tired of hearing about how much CFLs suck.

Maybe he did have an attitude... At least he had an attitude for a valid reason... Ever since I have been a member here I have in fact taken ALOT of flak about my CFLs...And I happened to mention that fact to my friend... So when he joins MP...His very first post... someone jumps his **** because he has a big ole 125W CFL..... Im banking it wont be very long before I get yet another negative comment on the cfls... Oh wait... there it is now right here in this post... Imagine that !!

Posted by smokingjoe "Well the CFL's would explain the poxy buds and the horrible stretch even by Sat standards."

No one asked anything about stretch or poxy buds...( I had to go look that word up) "worthless and contemptible; very distasteful" Really ?!?! There arent really any buds there yet anyway... So that sounds to me like you just walked in the house and threw a rock through my front window. If you ask me, comments like those are... well... Im trying to come up with a good word to describe my feelings here... Oh !! I learned a new one today... "POXY" Yeah...Thats a very poxy comment.

So you see this is why he is upset...and maybe he came off strong...but at least his reason for being upset is valid in my book. Sounds to me like you guys are upset at him for voicing that he was frickin tired of hearing all the negativity about our lights. Frankly...So was I...But Im a bit more timid than he and its just NORMALLY not my style to go shooting the sling-shot and making waves.....
Perhaps we should all just roll one and talk about how phunky our next harvest is gonna be cause we all got some new beans from the promo or somethin.
Or we can continue to ***** back and forth like a bunch of 5th grade little girls about **** that dont mean **** anyway...
I dunno...Let me know what you guys wanna do...Im gonna go hit this bong.. 3 or 4 times.
And I will get a better picture of said nanner site in another couple days-ish.

Okay, Bio and six; with all due respect, no one was saying you CANT grow with CFL's... We were trying to kindly inform you of there inefficiency. Secondly, I think if you'll review this thread, the only attitude and negativity seem to be coming from the two of you! Also, Rockster; you should be shot for promoting any male flowers at all (true hermie or not; not convinced there's a "false" hermie:confused:) I'll admit that late into flower it's not a great concern, but for the sake of genetics, ALL male flower bearing plants should be eliminated! you guys and your general misinformation is intolerable and is grounds for dismissal as far as I'm concerned! Consider yourselves on my "ignore list"! You come here, post a question, and when you don't get the answer you wanted, you go to other sites with inexperienced growers to find that answer! Meanwhile, you throw around derogatory comments and try and place the negativity off on us!? Perhaps it's time to be big boys, accept that you have a hermaphrodite, eliminate it, and move on! Again, all of our recommendations are speculations based on photographs which aren't suitable for diagnostics... Get us a better close up of "the nanner" and we'll be able to help you (if you'll accept our help!) If nothing else; I implore that you not spread your ignorance any further than it has, allowing further damage to many other's crops! You may not even have a "nanner" at all and to get this worked up over speculation is ridiculous! Stick to the answer you wanted if you'd like, but if there is indeed a "nanner" present, there WILL be seeds and they WILL be hermaphroditic. also, Biophreak made the comment about opinion; opinions are not based in fact and repeated results from experimentation... Opinions are not the result of multiple experienced growers and their observations of different grow conditions. An opinion is just that; speculation based on common knowledge, and a feeling of how "you" think things go! Here are the facts; if it's a little yellow flower with no hairs, it's a pollen sac; if you have a pollen sac, you have a hermaphrodite; and if you keep a hermaphrodite, you'll end up with hermaphroditic seed! Thank you for your time! Accept our help or move on please!

bi0phreak420 said:
This is the bottom line if you don't like me or the way i am **** you ban me i don't care i can get right back on here no problem...but don't worry i wont cause everybody in this forum always wants to ragg lights when it has nothing to do with the question so yeah DO WHAT YOU GOTTA DO THERE HICK BOY

:goodposting::goodposting::goodposting::goodposting::goodposting::goodposting::goodposting::goodposting::goodposting:

Dude; you're just asking for a bad product bro! Don't bash the mods! I have little faith in your maturity or your ability to accept criticism (not there is any here; just an answer to YOUR question yo!) no one cares if you want to accept good advice; no one cares that you can cuss in writing; no one cares that you're ignorant!... We do care however that you're spreading that ignorance around! Either learn to listen, or move on to a site where they'll tell you what you want to hear! If you're not going to listen, and aren't here to learn but rather hear what you want too... Maybe it's better you join one of those OTHER sites!? Meanwhile; leave the dank farming to those of us who KNOW what's going on! I've never seen such stupidity in my life!: It's like asking a kung fu master to teach the art, and then telling him he's wrong and that your way of kicking butts is the only way to go! Why even ask if you're unwilling to listen or accept teachings!? MOVE ALONG PLEASE... YOU'RE WASTING OUR TIME! No one is "ragging" your lights... I grew with CFL for years, they do the job... But getting it done, and getting it done efficiently are two entirely different things yo!

I can see the steam coming off your head Gixx... :hubba:

I think we need a group hug up in here.......:)
Let's get back to growing some green.....:hubba:

Maybe you two shld give the ignore function a try? This thread is starting to look like it belongs over at that tool shed RIU.

A mod will most likely lock it if it continues to be a sparring match of insults.:rolleyes:

Sixx said:
Does it REALLY matter why he didnt ask himself ??? I happened to be sitting at his desk already logged in at MP when he found that possible nanner site. He probably wouldnt have posted here anyway... Ya'll chopped his head off and **** down his neck when he told you he was tired of hearing about how much CFLs suck.

Maybe he did have an attitude... At least he had an attitude for a valid reason... Ever since I have been a member here I have in fact taken ALOT of flak about my CFLs...And I happened to mention that fact to my friend... So when he joins MP...His very first post... someone jumps his **** because he has a big ole 125W CFL..... Im banking it wont be very long before I get yet another negative comment on the cfls... Oh wait... there it is now right here in this post... Imagine that !!

Posted by smokingjoe "Well the CFL's would explain the poxy buds and the horrible stretch even by Sat standards."

No one asked anything about stretch or poxy buds...( I had to go look that word up) "worthless and contemptible; very distasteful" Really ?!?! There arent really any buds there yet anyway... So that sounds to me like you just walked in the house and threw a rock through my front window. If you ask me, comments like those are... well... Im trying to come up with a good word to describe my feelings here... Oh !! I learned a new one today... "POXY" Yeah...Thats a very poxy comment.

So you see this is why he is upset...and maybe he came off strong...but at least his reason for being upset is valid in my book. Sounds to me like you guys are upset at him for voicing that he was frickin tired of hearing all the negativity about our lights. Frankly...So was I...But Im a bit more timid than he and its just NORMALLY not my style to go shooting the sling-shot and making waves.....
Perhaps we should all just roll one and talk about how phunky our next harvest is gonna be cause we all got some new beans from the promo or somethin.
Or we can continue to ***** back and forth like a bunch of 5th grade little girls about stuff that dont mean stuff anyway...
I dunno...Let me know what you guys wanna do...Im gonna go hit this bong.. 3 or 4 times.
And I will get a better picture of said nanner site in another couple days-ish.

NOBODY "chopped anybody's head off"... NOBODY "jumped his *** ".....lets don't be 'dramatizing" it six.
It was simply pointed out in a friendly manner, that his method, cfls specifically, are less efficient and inferior for producing the best quality and quantity, dollar for dollar., than hid. He argued the point.
When the facts were presented, and he had nothing to support his invalid claims, he resorted to insults and berating comments. Nobody insulted him for using cfls. Nobody has insulted you or any other cfl growers for utilizing them to provide for themselves. Shoot! nobody even insulted him for being wrong.
The members here give advice and share their experience freely, in hopes of helping others improve their methods, results, skills. They aren't out to hurt or mislead anyone. In conjunction, when misleading or incorrect advice is given, it will always be dispelled with the truth. For sake of the entire community and future viewers. Many of the members have decades of experience to draw from, and decades of research to reflect upon. They are only trying to "help"...;)
No one cares if you choose to grow with cfls, that is certainly your prerogative. And "more power to you"..literally! :p But if you start telling people that they are cheaper to operate or cooler while running or more efficient. You are simply wrong, and someone is going to tell you so.
The only possible way to avoid that, is to be darn certain that you are correct before you post it, and have the ability and/or proof to show for it.

NOW!... on to the "new phunk from the promo'"...;) I hope they don't spit nanners!...:rofl:...

I am a CFL grower also but I do understand that its not the best or most efficient way to grow. If and when I can afford to spend some more $$$$ on my room I will switch to HPS. THG reminds me all the time that cfls arent as good as HPS But I dont get an attitude cause I know shes right. I'll bet Hick has been growing since b4 either one of you guys was born and his experince shows in his results, time for a little respect, boys. And Gixx you were really harsh with rockstar wouldnt expect that from you. JMO

nova564t said:
And Gixx you were really harsh with rockstar wouldnt expect that from you. JMO

I agree... "shot AT" maybe..;) but "shot", I think not :hubba:

Hick said:
I agree... "shot AT" maybe..;) but "shot", I think not :hubba:
Hahahaha I was thinking the same thing when i read that... I was like whoa! :eek:

And Sixx I was just wondering why biophreak started phreakin out over ur question, thats why I asked if he was ur lil buddy man, no problems.;)

Latest posts

Back