Is this a neut deficiency? Some sources say it could be neut burn.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uuzeee

Reaction score
Hi,
Last stage of veg and seeing some problems. The leaf tips are brown and tipping upwards, some of the lower leaves aren't looking healthy. Online search led me to 'neut burn' on the brown tips pointing upwards. However, the chart i consulted here shows it could be Zn or K deficiency. Any advise would be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_20230508_110426_749.jpg
    IMG_20230508_110426_749.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230508_110504_634.jpg
    IMG_20230508_110504_634.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230508_110419_337.jpg
    IMG_20230508_110419_337.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230508_110455_462.jpg
    IMG_20230508_110455_462.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230508_110542_545.jpg
    IMG_20230508_110542_545.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
What are you feeding her and how much
Have you used any plain water in between feeds?
I haven't given any plain water since the start, just stayed on ratios provided in the lucas formula table. Using a soilless medium (2 parts pete moss, 1 part perlite) so I've only used fertilized water. I'm guessing it's most likely some burn. I have since flushed the plant with regular ph water and it does look better up top but lower leaves are the same as before.
On the other hand, I've watered every two or three days, and possible that I've gone four days without watering on rare occasion. So the possibility of deficiency is there as well.

I never tried Peet Myself, never heard good things about it though.
Now Coco/Coir with pearlite @30% I have done , watered everyday 3 days feed one day plain water Etc............. I always let the plants tell me what to do.
If tips were burning I backed down my feed levels,
The damage to the leaves wont go away but new leaves will not present it,

I never tried Peet Myself, never heard good things about it though.
Now Coco/Coir with pearlite @30% I have done , watered everyday 3 days feed one day plain water Etc............. I always let the plants tell me what to do.
If tips were burning I backed down my feed levels,
The damage to the leaves wont go away but new leaves will not present it,
Yes that makes sense. Its most likely neut burn, I've not given plain water at all, since just recently.

Yes that makes sense. Its most likely neut burn, I've not given plain water at all, since just recently.
Are you checking PPMs with a meter?
or just feeding by eye, maybe back down a tiny bit on the feed to see if the plant improves on the next leaves.
I think Peet does funny things, but never having used it
See if you can research Peet as a growing medium and see if and what others who grow with Peet say.

Thanks Big sur. I realized later on the Lucas formula table I'm using was posted by you. Thanks so much it's literally the best source of ratios for different stages of growth and best possible resource for a first time grower. I've come this far like a pro.

my pleasure

your plants have plenty of time to get 100% healthy and next thing you know it will be time to harvest

the Lucas Formula is bullet proof

all the best

Honestly looking at the new growth up top, I would think you seem to have it under control enough to flower now. The plant seems plenty ready and healthy overall. You might worry about running out of room on the stretch..

And all that foil will create a bunch of hot spots. Don't be surprised to see little dead spots here and there on your leaves

Are you checking PPMs with a meter?
or just feeding by eye, maybe back down a tiny bit on the feed to see if the plant improves on the next leaves.
I think Peet does funny things, but never having used it
See if you can research Peet as a growing medium and see if and what others who grow with Peet say.
That's one meter I didn't get. I'll be getting that now definitely.

Honestly looking at the new growth up top, I would think you seem to have it under control enough to flower now. The plant seems plenty ready and healthy overall. You might worry about running out of room on the stretch..
That's great news. I'll give them a few more days then go for bloom. The room aspect I really didn't consider, I thought I'd grow 2-3 plants in that space, now its just one haha.

That looks like a big plant. Is that a 3 gallon pot?

Yup. Tell us what you are doing.
Haha honestly when ever I'm here I see Gandalf as the moderator and this place about growing magic plants, feels like I'm in the Shire. Is anyone Aragorn here yet? Ill be in bree for a bit, smoking my pipeweed in the dark corner of the room.

Haha honestly when ever I'm here I see Gandalf as the moderator and this place about growing magic plants, feels like I'm in the Shire. Is anyone Aragorn here yet? Ill be in bree for a bit, smoking my pipeweed in the dark corner of the room.
There is a cat named kindbuds
But he thinks he is a Hobbit

Latest posts

Back