Is this bud rot?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spalala

Reaction score
Hi,

Beginner grower, I realized some of the buds are turning brown and are drying out.
First photo is from a healthy bud the second one from the problematic ones.
Do you thing is bud rot?
Shall I trim the infected ones asap?
IMG_20200913_130544.jpg
IMG_20200913_130534.jpg

Thanks

Yes, thanks yooper420.
I'll wait to see if somebody thinks otherwise, if not I will cut all the dried buds tonight.
Cheers

Looks like powdery Mildew,looking at that leaf in the upper right hand corner.Notice any insect activity?

Looks like powdery Mildew,looking at that leaf in the upper right hand corner.Notice any insect activity?
Actually, there are ants going around the plant but didn't find anything beyond some scales and few aphids. Very few though.
I'll check how powdery Mildew looks and see if I find more signs once I go back at home.

Thank you Mike you took the time, I appreciate.

You for sure have powdery mildew. Easily treatable with a spray of 9 parts water, 1 part milk.
I’d like to see a picture of the whole plant though to see if that all. Leaves look droopy. Could be root rot also. Mildew won’t do that in early stages.

You for sure have powdery mildew. Easily treatable with a spray of 9 parts water, 1 part milk.
I’d like to see a picture of the whole plant though to see if that all. Leaves look droopy. Could be root rot also. Mildew won’t do that in early stages.

Thanks for the feedback notthecops!
Now I start to think it might be a few things that is causing the problem. It is found mainly on the lower and smaller buds (still).
Here are a few more pics, any advice is still highly appreciated.
Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_20200913_183112.jpg
    IMG_20200913_183112.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_20200913_183130.jpg
    IMG_20200913_183130.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_20200913_183201.jpg
    IMG_20200913_183201.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_20200913_183230.jpg
    IMG_20200913_183230.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20200913_183246.jpg
    IMG_20200913_183246.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_20200913_183304.jpg
    IMG_20200913_183304.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 22
Notthecops,,,now that's a catchy name. Funny as hell..😁

Thanks for the feedback notthecops!
Now I start to think it might be a few things that is causing the problem. It is found mainly on the lower and smaller buds (still).
Here are a few more pics, any advice is still highly appreciated.
Thank you.
Looks like you have a few things going on, hard to pinpoint exactly without asking a million questions and seeing it up close. Here’s what I recommend:
  1. Go to a grow supply store and ask for H2o2 (Strong peroxide)and water as per directions. Rinse your plants until you get a lot of run off (flush them). If you cant find that, use peroxide about 1 cup to 5 gallons if regular peroxide. This will kill any possible root rot and clear out any nutrient deficiencies.
  2. Defoliate, concentrating on removing any discoloured , Burt or crappy looking leaves
  3. remove any buds that look brown or rotten
  4. start feeding nutrients again (what are you using for nutrients?)
This is all assuming that you are using regular soil, not coco

Last edited:
Looks like you have a few things going on, hard to pinpoint exactly without asking a million questions and seeing it up close. Here’s what I recommend:
  1. Go to a grow supply store and ask for H2o2 (Strong peroxide)and water as per directions. Rinse your plants until you get a lot of run off (flush them). If you cant find that, use peroxide about 1 cup to 5 gallons if regular peroxide. This will kill any possible root rot and clear out any nutrient deficiencies.
  2. Defoliate, concentrating on removing any discoloured , Burt or crappy looking leaves
  3. remove any buds that look brown or rotten
  4. start feeding nutrients again (what are you using for nutrients?)
This is all assuming that you are using regular soil, not coco
Really appreciate you took the time notthecops.
I don't really use nutrients. I was using Terra Bloom by Plagron for a week but I stopped when I noticed the discoloring of the leaves. Later I used Revive from Advanced Nutrients once.
I'll follow your directions, starting from removing the bad buds and then look for the suggested peroxide.

Thanks again, I am feeling lucky to hear from experienced growers.

Really appreciate you took the time notthecops.
I don't really use nutrients. I was using Terra Bloom by Plagron for a week but I stopped when I noticed the discoloring of the leaves. Later I used Revive from Advanced Nutrients once.
I'll follow your directions, starting from removing the bad buds and then look for the suggested peroxide.

Thanks again, I am feeling lucky to hear from experienced growers.
No problem. You can DM me on Instagram anytime if you have questions.
i would suggest General Hydroponics 3 part Flora Series as a base nutrient, with CALMag also. You can get it any any grow store, usually with a feeding chart to help beginners. That’s going to be the main problem. Not enough nutrients.

I want to pass on what I have learned too being my second year. Humidity at 65% and up with a temperature between 75 and 85 is a molds best friend. I grow out doors as well (TASTES SO MUCH BETTER) and if you can not control the climate and there is no air circulation, put fans blowing air on the plant. That will help a lot in the combat against mold. I carry a spray bottle with some granola fungicide. If I find a spot, I gently soak the spot to kill the mold and spores then I cut it out and put the clippings in a zip lock bag then soak that spot down again to make sure. I do it that way to try and control the spores from drifting to another plant. Also if a leaf is damaged or dying, sack it. When the buds get thicker I look for small dying leaves in the buds. I have found mold in almost every spot I have found in the past and pay more attention to it now. Plants also like to listen to "Tiptoe in the Tulips" song as well on EVH favorite setting 11. There is a $%^& ton of soil, nutrients, how-to's and it can be soooooooo confusing. Someone above stated some companies have their usage chart and this year I went went with this company 1/2 way through this season because of subpar or slow growing results and my plants changed literally overnight and I have yet to find a yellowing leaf and the re-growth from trimming is crazy. My plants are happy, buds are much bigger and denser than last year. Here is my non-endorsed list lol This is not a cure all. You have to still monitor PH, Nitrate, Phosphorus, and K or Potash and of course water. I get I don't have the experience and not a lot seat time but I am a results guy and the proof is in my plants.

Attachments

• Grow schedule.jpg
    Grow schedule.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 5
No problem. You can DM me on Instagram anytime if you have questions.
i would suggest General Hydroponics 3 part Flora Series as a base nutrient, with CALMag also. You can get it any any grow store, usually with a feeding chart to help beginners. That’s going to be the main problem. Not enough nutrients.
The Sensi Cal/Mag part A&B saved me last year

Latest posts

Back