Is this bug larvae?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hackerman

Reaction score
Actually, I guess I should say eggs, not larvae.

Keep in mind that these plants have been under a lot of stress, so it might be stress related.

I just moved them from a 70 degree tent with a 400w to an 80 degree room with a 1000w.

I can wipe it off like the stem is sweating. Under a 40x scope it looks a lot like bug larvae.

It's on about 3 or 4 of the plants.

Anyone recognize this?

View attachment bugs.jpg

I don't think so....... would take something a heck of a lot of work the lay eggs like that.

Good point. There are no signs of bugs anywhere so what could lay that many eggs.

I guess it's just the change in environment.

That kind of looks like a pathogen of some type, or it could be as you said, a reaction by the plants to the level of stress that they are under. The development of resin glands on the outside of the leaves are actually a genetic response to being eaten by herbivores, so its not unreasonable that it could be doing something like that with the stems. keep an eye on it and see if the plants change in some way as a reaction to this happening. If nothing happens and the plants continue to be healthy then you are ok. :)

This is interesting! I'm a new grower and luckily have not experienced this yet. Has the issue gone away yet, Hackerman? If so, what did you do to get rid of it? May need this advice in my future grows but fingers crossed I won't! :)

Yes, it went away in a day or 2. These plants were put though an incredible amount of stress most of their lives and they just went into a new room with a new 1000w light.

I think the plant was just sweating it out. LOL

Glad to hear it worked itself out Hackerman...That looked pretty creepy, at least if they were all eggs.

Yes, glad to hear it went away! Haven't seen that before (thankfully since I'm a newbie!)

There is much to learn about this fascinating plant my grasshoppers :) But the journey to MJ plant knowledge can be a very pleasant trip :hubba:

I just looked at these plants yesterday and the "sweat" is still on the stems.

Not sure what it is but the plants are growing great and no other plants have it.

Strange.

:watchplant: yea I have a wierd issue like that I can't figure out as well but all is good..

Latest posts

Back