Is this enough light?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

Peter23

ok so im thinking of maybe growing 3 lowryder plants in a rubber maid with 15 (23 watt 1600 lumen) bulbs.. i plan to get 8 light sockets with "Y" adapters to put two 23 watters in each socket = 46 watts and 3200 lumens.. no bad? i bought a 40 watt CFL and qucikly did the math and realize that its more efficient using 2 23 watters in stead of using 40 watters with 2400 lumes (800 lumens more for 6 watts?) seems good to me.. plus 1 40 watt bulb is 10$ at lowes where as a pack of 6 23 watts is 10$ :hubba: 3 times cheaper.. and i know people are gunna say just use a HID well i can't because its in a very small area and CFLS are MUCH easier to cool than a big HPS with a ballast and huge reflector... im thinking of just painting the inside white and just drilling 8 holes for lights all around the rubbermaid like swiss cheese almost :p and just pop light sockets through all of them? sound logical? Any help is GREAT :cool:

thanks,
Pete

Dude,your gonna burn your house down...
Your gonna have to find something bigger then a rubbermaid container.Cfl's with the Y is going to reach down halfway down into the box and the plant pots will reach halfway up.No room for a 2' plant in the middle.
Look at my grow box with the link at the bottom of this post.You can get an idea of what kind of specs you'll need.I'm running 12 cfl's and have to have exaust,fresh air intake, and a cooling intake hooked up to an a/c to keep it below 80.without the a/c temps were getting in the 100's on a hot day and it's a good size box.
Sorry man it just isn't going to work :(

dont waste your time, put your lowriders under 3 or 4 grolux flurorecent bulbs,veg for however long then gradually under hps bulb 400 watt or 600 watt,hope this helps im on my 5th with success this way.kennydeelad,junior member up north:hubba:

Peter23 said:
ok so im thinking of maybe growing 3 lowryder plants in a rubber maid with 15 (23 watt 1600 lumen) bulbs.. i plan to get 8 light sockets with "Y" adapters to put two 23 watters in each socket = 46 watts and 3200 lumens.. no bad? i bought a 40 watt CFL and qucikly did the math and realize that its more efficient using 2 23 watters in stead of using 40 watters with 2400 lumes (800 lumens more for 6 watts?) seems good to me.. plus 1 40 watt bulb is 10$ at lowes where as a pack of 6 23 watts is 10$ :hubba: 3 times cheaper.. and i know people are gunna say just use a HID well i can't because its in a very small area and CFLS are MUCH easier to cool than a big HPS with a ballast and huge reflector... im thinking of just painting the inside white and just drilling 8 holes for lights all around the rubbermaid like swiss cheese almost :p and just pop light sockets through all of them? sound logical? Any help is GREAT :cool:

thanks,
Pete
"Any help is great" ... "My" advice is to wait untill you have your own place to grow. Then you can build a box sufficient to accomodate the needs.
Attempting to hide a grow op from others residence of the house is improbable, if not impossible. (not to mention unfair and potentialy threatening to their freedom/well being)

please wait until you have a "proper" grow area. I'm sure many people have grown successful weed in other than optimal conditions, but we people who have used the lites you r talking about in the set up u r talking about just isn't a good idea. ALSO, hick had the best advice. if you r stealth growing with other peeps in the house they will carted away also if busted.

hey man i also tried to grow a small unnoticable grow when i moved back from TX and me and my wife lived with my brother and sister in-law and thought i could hide it but NOT i came home one day and found that they had unplugged the box and was not very freindly when we got back.. they were pretty mad for a while .. after that it incouraged me to get our own place then try to grow ... two weeks later i was growing and very happy that i made that choose.. IMO DON"T DO IT.... good luck and stay safe... think of others in everything u do....

Latest posts

Back