Is this going to work venting heat?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tool46

Reaction score
I have one more question fellas. I have two inline fans. One is sucking the hot air out of the hood directly outside. Now i know you say too use the other one to bring fresh air in. Well i do have a fan that is jimmy rigged from my bathroom, that is sucking fresh air from the house through a four in duct hose pulling it into my grow room/attic. (did that make sence?) So what i was hoping is that, that would be enough fresh air coming in. so that i can use the other inline fan to **** more heat out of the ventible hood. thanx for any help guys. Its about 97 degrees in there now was hoping to use the other inline fan to help pull more heat out?

How much duct is the bathroom type fan running through? Does it push a fair amount of air out of the duct and into the room or is it restricted from running for a ways? Are they the smaller inline fans or the bigger, round type?

Biffdoggie, "How much duct is the bathroom type fan running through? Does it push a fair amount of air out of the duct and into the room or is it restricted from running for a ways? Are they the smaller inline fans or the bigger, round type?"

~ Yeah this is what i have, and no its not restricted, there a ton of flow? and its going straight up so not very far. 4" Eco Plus Inline Fan 170cfm ~Very powerful and efficient motors ~Durable steel housing with powder coated finish ~Wall or ceiling mounting brackets attached for easy installation ~Pre wired with 120 volt power cord ~A perfect match for our Eco Plus Carbonaire Filters (FA892)

Cool, the eco pluses are good fans. I would use one of the ecos and the bathroom for the light and the other eco to bring in fresh air. You could probably even use two fans to intake/exhaust and only one on the light, especially if it's one of the ecos. If you do go with two on the light set it up so one is pushing into the light and one pulling out. Seeing as the temp. problem is an ambient one being in the attic, more intake/exhaust might be the better way to go.

Latest posts

Back