Is this hermie?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigbudsbruddah

Senior Smoker
Reaction score
I am pretty sure I know the answer, just wanting to confirm so I can remove it asap.
20220627_212123.jpg
20220627_212302.jpg

I am still not sure, they seem different the the pods on my other male plants? Could they be calyxs?

So I have a couple pics of the same node. The first pic is the one I am really concerned about.
20220628_220202.jpg

One the other side of that node is this one. Is it a flower opening or plant growth?
20220628_220258.jpg

Need to figure this out soon would hate for pollen to release in my room.

To me the top pic looks like an unopened male flower. The bottom pic does not. It looks like their are pistils above that growth which looks like it is called an axillary bud.
C5E44777-39FC-4E17-93D9-1512380F2387.jpeg

To me the top pic looks like an unopened male flower. The bottom pic does not. It looks like their are pistils above that growth which looks like it is called an axillary bud.View attachment 301558
I think I will give it one more day to see if it changes like the one on the other side. Do you think I can wait that long before that pod opens? Or am I wasting my time and just get rid of it? I have more plants in veg I can move over.

I would just pull that part off(carefully) and cut it open to see what is inside. I have some unopened male flowers on a plant I have. I will pull one off and cut it open with a razor blade and post a picture so you can compare. I will post a picture in a little while.

These are what a couple of my male flowers look like inside. I was hoping to have something that looked kind of developed where I would see some stamens but no such luck. My plants are trying to reveg so they may be different than a plant just starting to flower.
5522ED36-DC3D-4EE9-AAA0-8B6424795346.jpeg
A7FB3EE4-C4DE-4932-ADA0-1E923AF1249F.jpeg

If it looks like a duck , walks like a duck, its a duck
I see both sexes on this plant
Yeah I am trashing it when the lights go back on. Found another possible flower else where just a few minutes ago, just no time this morning to deal with it. Luckily I have 4 to replace it. Thanks for all the help everyone

Yeah I am trashing it when the lights go back on. Found another possible flower else where just a few minutes ago, just no time this morning to deal with it. Luckily I have 4 to replace it. Thanks for all the help everyone

always good to have Plan B when growing from regular seeds

all the best

Latest posts

Back