Is This Possible?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IV:XX

Reaction score
Let us say that the cannabis strain G-13 is real and was only available by clone, could the following seed ad really be possible? Could it be scientifically possible for someone with the Knowledge/Time/Money to produce the following feminized seeds from just clones?

Doggies Nuts G13 #1 - 10 Feminised Cannabis Seeds £445.00

Mainly Indica genetics allegedly originated from the US Government. As seen on TV and cinema alike. Medium height with large resin coated buds. A great yielding plant ideal for the commercial indoor grower. The high is mind blowing and lasts for hours, smoke too much and it's meditation time.

This was the infamous and now famous strain as it was originally intended uncrossed, stable and pure. Rated as being the most potent variety ever created with possibly the highest ever recorded levels of THC. Hold on to your boot straps as this catapults you into hyperspace.

* Type:Indoor/Outdoor
* Flowering Time:7 - 8 weeks
* Yeild:325-1000 g/m2

$100 a seed?!?! I wish I could sell "my seed" for that! Hahah. :rolleyes:

Dude. I really think you can find another strain out there to do the trick for you...

DLtoker said:
$100 a seed?!?! I wish I could sell "my seed" for that! Hahah. :rolleyes:

Dude. I really think you can find another strain out there to do the trick for you...

NO! DLtoker, I am seriously asking a breeding question...I would never pay that kind of money for seed. Plus, I know there is much rumors around this so-called strain G-13.

Believe it or not, Doggie Nuts has more expensive seeds/strains than G-13!!!

Im not sure of the exact process, but I know that it is possible to change the sex of a plant using; chemicals, disruptive light schedules, and excessive stress. Especially so with females to males. So a select female G-13 clone could be abused into producing seeds. These are what seed companies market as 100% female seeds. Because they're from a female they do tend to be all female, but. Often these seed have hermaphrodite tendencies which can disrupt a grow if not caught in time. So yes there could be G-13 seeds but unless its an F1 hybrid(another strain crossed with G13) they were not concieved naturally, therefore I would not approve. Also this painstaking process is the reason these seeds are so pricey.

P.S. Shop around

..there is a process called "Selfing" (self pollinated) where through chemical induction, stamen can be produced on a female plant. Through selection and back crossing, it is theoretically possible to produce a relatively stable strain with the chacteristics/traits of the origonal. BUT... as with the making of "ANY" strain, it is a long complicated, process.
Another avenue, would be to pollinate the G fem', with another "pure" strain with like characteristics, then grow hundreds of prodigy out, select for the desired G traits, backcross, select, backcross, ect. untill the desired characteristics are locked in and all undesirables/non-G are not showing up in the phenos.
this wouldn't be cosidered a pure G13, but it would/could be a very close proximity.

DLtoker said:
... Oh. Woops! Hick is the breeding guru in these parts so...

:rofl: i dont think hed mind on this one, and whats so absolutely funny about it is the consipricy theory on if this strain exists, ill tell you first hand it does and you can get it pure but its-clone-only if you get any kind of cross your in great 50/50 on getting more g-gene (gene gene the dancing machiene: sorry) than the crossbut ot say that this is a stable enough strain IMO its not woth the cash to find out it sound like more of a hermi in the making of some real good stuff.

Yea you can pollinate a clone. Make a Colloidal Silver Generator. Costs maybe $40 to do it, spray a cloned female branch and self pollinate, however its possible to get more hermie seeds doing this to a clone, but if you GOTTA have seed......

Latest posts

Back