Is this ready for pollen?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jamez

Reaction score
Ok this is one of 16, this one is nice and short. Because my room is only about 3 1/2 feet tall I need short plants. The plant has been in flower for about 4 weeks so is it ready for pollen. Also if I keep getting mothers from seed and only pick out the short clones that come from the mother and repolinating the short clones will they over time become shorter?

The other photos are what I got up to over the weekend

Copy of DSCN0312.JPG

Copy of DSCN0314.JPG

Copy of DSCN0310.JPG

Copy of DSCN0311.JPG

. The plant has been in flower for about 4 weeks so is it ready for pollen.
...absolutely, possibly even a week or so late. Not a huge problem, but seeds usually take a 'minimum' of 4 weeks to mature to viability.

Also if I keep getting mothers from seed and only pick out the short clones that come from the mother and repolinating the short clones will they over time become shorter?
...by choosing short mothers from seed, and pollinating with chosen short males, you will be promoting shorter plants.
However, it isn't that simple. Recessive traits, multiple alleles, incomplete/co-dominance, ect. in the genetics, all play into the results.

Thanks hick
I was just wondering if I tie a couple of ties around the buds Im pollinating and leave them longer will they ripen after I harvest the rest of the plant

yep, and you should feed with a full spectrum fert' throughout the flowering period. They need those nutes to make nice, big, viable seeds.

Latest posts

Back