Is this the first sign of flowering?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Triptwo

Reaction score
I have a Northern lights auto that is less than 12" and I think is showing signs of flowering.
Could you please confirm?
IMG_20220612_164331.jpg

Many thanks.

I started this and 3 others in small seedling trays. I have since been told that you should plant the germinated seed straight into whatever size pot you are using for when it matures, as it can stunt the growth of an auto flower.

Is this correct information. It would certainly explain my short plant.

Well I know what to do for my next batch.
Should be interesting to see the difference!
Also I'd never heard of the powder to turbocharge root growth.

Hey Now,
@Carty has the guide, for sure!! I would add that a 3 gal. seems ideal as I can always fill it with a root ball!
They key is still to start the auto in the pot she'll stay in. @Carty is right on the money with the tap root. The HOT soil tip is also PERFECT. What I like to do is fill my pot with the soil I plan to use for that grow, take a red cup and shove it is a good ways to make a hollow, remove the cup and fill that hollow with some seedling mix like Light Warrior, that has NO nutrients in it. Then you'll get a solid germ and start and when the tap hits the regular soil it will be able to handle it.
Of course pH and EC/TDS are important but that's all types. . .
Hope that tip helps you out. I've been growing 3-4 auto runs a year for about 9 years now!!

Root ball, 3 gal.
B4E71BD4-3C21-41EA-980A-7949D016357A.jpeg
899612F5-9172-40E3-A9C2-022FE7123A9D.jpeg

Current crop of autos from SSSC:
663C881A-57A9-4E98-A4E3-7A7CEF3A6752.jpeg
5999C39E-9B5E-469C-AF92-E3E8EAA0220E.jpeg

Billy what are you pulling dry weight off of each plant
Real rough estimate would be 4-6 on average. I have had a few monsters at around 12-14. Haven't had a whimpy one in a while. I usually don't do any training, fiming, etc. as I am always looking at the structure and growth habits for the breeders. I know folks that do the LST, etc. consistently get 8-10. And as always YMMV!

Thanks for all the info. I stupidly started these ones in the adult soil, oops that sounds odd!
they are now in 3gal material pots.

i shall use all these tips when I start my next round.
I'm hoping I met get one more outdoors after these are harvested.

thanks to everyone who took the time to advise!

Gotta love Autos... the key to growing really large Autos is genetics of course.. keep Lowryder out of the equation as it was balcony weed designed to be 2ft and hidden .. served it's purpose.. LR2 introduced Santa
Maria and things got a lot better. but still, your better off finding a plant that has a nice ruderalis to create it's own auto and keep the genetics a bit more pure..

I think what your running is Northern Lightryder and she throws about 3 phenos, short med and bushy.. I just gave out 1500 of them over at OG.. sowwy. just more open trades there. so plenty will be getting tested soon.

The difference I have in starting autos is feminized vs non fem's... I tend to start feminized seeds in their homes like Billy K does here in his larger 3. and his setup is made for this vs if your going to cram them into a tent your better off going 2gal tall pots... trim bottoms up a little more. his setup yields quite a bit more and I find it quite impressive indeed... rock on..

Here is my Berserker Auto Dark Jedi x Grape Dosi Breath @ 60 days.. suffered big time from bad soil.. argh
figure another week or 2
60 day plant 1b (2).jpg

Good to know about staying away from lowryder genetics.
Their stuff is good, that lowryder was one of the very early autos. Don't disparage a good breeder by this. Even the name says it, low ryder! I have grown some of their gear a few years back and was not disappointed.

Latest posts

Back