Is This What my Buds are Supposed to look like????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quadrider

Freestyle Quad Ridin'
Reaction score
My ladies are 2 weeks into flowering and are looking good. Since this is my first grow, I am not really sure what my buds are supposed to look like. I see all the white fuzzy hairs and what seems to be little sacks all around the bottom of the new buds and at the joints in the stalk and brances. Are these sacks the actual flowers that are going to break open and form more buds, or are these going to be all seeds??? I am 99% positive these 2 plants are ladies, but I dont understand why the bottom of the new buds look like this. Is this normal for 2 weeks into flowering??? Can anyone post pics of what thier buds look like 2 weeks into flowering????

Take a look at the pics (sorry about quality can't get close enough for clear pic). Any Ideas on how I can get a clearer pic??? From what you see, can you tell me if my ladies are going to bud all seeds??? Thanks for all the help fellow tokers, Much appreciated...

good.jpg

good1.jpg

good2.jpg

good3.jpg

those look like males....

here is a female at 2 weeks flowering:

attachment.php

It looks like males or hermies. Did you go from seed? Have you had a steady light cycle?

Definately males/hermies... no doubt at all...

Before flowering, I had checked the pistils and I saw white hairs comming out as oppossed to little sacks... You can only tell the sex of a plant when the flowering starts????

Depending on how long you let them go before you begin flowering, you can tell sex before you flower. I let mine go a week or so into flower to be sure.

If they're hermies, you'll still be able to get those white hairs. However, those things have nuts the size of an elephant so time to go! Oh yeah, and somebody on here was saying if the pollen sacs do open, your grow space is contaminated for about six weeks unless you do some serious cleaning.

Next time maybe start with more or better seeds and throw out what is male and what you don't have room for.

Let it pollinate and keep the seeds! You'll be alot happier than just chopping it down and starting over! I've heard that a large ratio of seeds from a self pollinated hermie are female, don't know how true this is but, hey, you'll have a sh#t load of beans!

bombbudpuffa said:
Let it pollinate and keep the seeds! You'll be alot happier than just chopping it down and starting over! I've heard that a large ratio of seeds from a self pollinated hermie are female, don't know how true this is but, hey, you'll have a sh#t load of beans!

Hermie plant seeds make more hermie plants.... not worth your time in any way or sort to let them pollenate... do every grower a favor and chop the he-she down.

here's what females look like at 31 days!

Sorry dude but your babies don't look like boa's babies... Think you maybe screwed....

Bummer dude..

KADE said:
Hermie plant seeds make more hermie plants.... not worth your time in any way or sort to let them pollenate... do every grower a favor and chop the he-she down.

THANK you KADE.
..you'll not only be doing "every grower" a favor, but will be doing quality marrijuana a favor.

Does anyone besides me seem to see the increasing number of hermies showing up??..Just look at the grows on this board.
Does anyone besides me think that this might be credited(at least partially) to the very fact that this post address's?...Inexperienced growers growing, pollinating and spreading the hermie genetics?..under the impression that they are femminising..or will get more females from hermie seeds.
It simply is NOT true.
Hermies procreate hermies.
They "ALL" belong in the compost bin.

Thanks for all the help fellas. I have since chopped the male plant down and I still have one more that might turn out to be a lady. It is not flowering as fast as the male, but I can still see white haris everywhere. I managed to chop the male down 2 nights ago before pollen was released. I really hope that my other plant is a lady...We will see...

Trial and error, pratice makes perfect! Since this was my first grow, I guess it wasn't a complete bust. At least now I have some knowledge and experience for the next grow, thanks to this forum...

Quadrider said:
Trial and error, pratice makes perfect! Since this was my first grow, I guess it wasn't a complete bust. At least now I have some knowledge and experience for the next grow, thanks to this forum...

Absolutely quad'...there is no teaching tool more efficient than experience

my dear friend it seems as if you have three male plants and one female, the boys have balls and the girls have pistuals, hair like, white in color.
get rid of the boys, you can smoke them when they ripen, but be careful that they don't open up and pollinate your little lady..:joint:

I went through about seven grows from 13-18 years of age untill i finally got the concept and acually got somethin! hope it dont take as long but just keep tryin and askin question u can never learn enough!:ccc:

Latest posts

Back