Is Tin Foil Bad To Use As A Screen In A Homemade Pipe Because Of Harmful Vapor?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inyaface13

Buddah
Reaction score
Ive been told that Aluminum Foil or Tin Foil is not good to use as a screen for a homemade bond because when its subjected to flame it can release a harmful vapor?

yes... there was a thread recently about it... bad idea.

wanna know what I use?

u know how those stainless steel screens you rob out of the sink faucets doesn't last very long?

forget them... get yourself a copper scrubbing pad from your local grocery and cut a little chunk off of that... use a mini propane torch to heat it up to red hot to burn away all the bad crap, and stuff that in the pipe when it's cooled down. it stands up to flame a lot better... trust me.

You dont fire it up Long enough IMO to cause toxic vapor...I have used it in a pinch...But brass screens are cheap...

I love using this one.There is a very old and very wise old man.That say's"The only good thing tin foil is good for is BBQing"Thats all I have to say about that.:D

PS Thanks OLD MAN for that quote!!!!;)

Is there anything thats VERY common in a household that could be a substitute for pipe screen?

i use a little cut out piece of a screen from my only snake tank

here's an idea... get an aluminum pop can and use a scrubber to remove the paint off a little section at the bottom of the can. poke a bunch of tiny little holes in that bare patch in a little circular pattern. I've always just pushed that area in slightly as well to kind of make a bowl.

there ya go... the 5cent pipe.

YA AND !!!

Smoking tin foil makes your Testicals Shrink in a matter of Hours......so be careful man.;)

Rofl:hubba:

what i've always done is just gone to walmart and bought a three pack of cheap kitchen metal strainers, and just used a box cutter to cut out the needed shape and size, then either mold it into a bowl, or just shove it into whatever with a pen, they work very well and that three pack will last a long time. Although i'm sure any metal product you put a flame too and inhale will have something bad come off of it, i'm not dead, so it must be fine.

no no... you go to your neighbor's house and steal them out of their faucets.... :p

first you ask to use their bathroom, and check for screens there... and if they don't have them in the bathroom any more... snafoo them out of the kitchen sink faucet... ;)

I got screens from an old mattress once.
These were brass-but painted.
take a pair of pliers hold them in flame and burn all the paint off.
Trim off the ring around the outside.
Worked for me.

Gb

That crazy vancouver guy said:
no no... you go to your neighbor's house and steal them out of their faucets.... :p

first you ask to use their bathroom, and check for screens there... and if they don't have them in the bathroom any more... snafoo them out of the kitchen sink faucet... ;)

Yeah and if the neighbor doesn't have any in his bath or Kitchen ask him to use his pipe..because he allready took the ones from the sinks..LOL..

bible paper makes a "righteous" joint
with some decent "virgin mary", you could end up getting "most high"
i know that sure "saved" the day for me a couple times

peace be with you

I did it once at a concert and the taste is miserable, the pipe crappy, and yes, it does cause harmful vapors, so I wouldn't do it.

Latest posts

Back