Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My parents had a "technique" that worked well on me. If I fussed about not liking something, they just said, "just try it, if you still don't like it, you don't have to eat it."

I liked all sorts of crap other kids didn't, brussel sprouts and so forth. I'm sure if it hadn't worked dad would have just slapped me into the middle of next week, and requested "I try it again" I'm sure.

bubba

My parents had a "technique" that worked well on me. If I fussed about not liking something, they just said, "just try it, if you still don't like it, you don't have to eat it."

I liked all sorts of crap other kids didn't, brussel sprouts and so forth. I'm sure if it hadn't worked dad would have just slapped me into the middle of next week, and requested "I try it again" I'm sure.

bubba
Im 1/2 italian and will eat most things

Notquite half here, but I can an Still eat my weight, so you can only be so picky. Best best part is I don't really gain weight either. I did have to stop alcohol, which I think has a lot to do with it. Hollow leg is now empty.

Funny my momma just made Hungarian hamburgers the other night and ask me if I wanted some. I told her no thank you. I really don’t like them much. She said you never told me that! I asked her if she could remember anything she ever made (aside from her kerosene pickles) that I ever said I didn’t like? I would have been shamed for saying it and would have been told that I didn’t appreciate what we had. I knew better and just ate it. Sometimes I would trade food with my brother like I would eat his collard greens if he would eat my Hungarian hamburgers. She acted all mad. I guess I should have said yes to the HH just so she wouldn’t be mad at me now…

Funny my momma just made Hungarian hamburgers the other night and ask me if I wanted some. I told her no thank you. I really don’t like them much. She said you never told me that! I asked her if she could remember anything she ever made (aside from her kerosene pickles) that I ever said I didn’t like? I would have been shamed for saying it and would have been told that I didn’t appreciate what we had. I knew better and just ate it. Sometimes I would trade food with my brother like I would eat his collard greens if he would eat my Hungarian hamburgers. She acted all mad. I guess I should have said yes to the HH just so she wouldn’t be mad at me now…
I remember coming home at 16 stoned and seeing a tray of fried chicken and wolfing down 2 pieces till my Mother said theywere just browned and not cooked.
She made tripe and I could not eat it

What's a Hungarian Hamburger?

Bless my folks, I was always encouraged to try something new, but never made to eat anything that I didn't want.
My brother was lucky, too. He was at a hospital being tested for allergies. The doctor asked him how often he ate peas. He said never 'cause he couldn't hack the smell or looks of 'em. The doc said it was a good thing because they contained (I can't remember), and that he's deathly allergic to it.

What's a Hungarian Hamburger?

Bless my folks, I was always encouraged to try something new, but never made to eat anything that I didn't want.
My brother was lucky, too. He was at a hospital being tested for allergies. The doctor asked him how often he ate peas. He said never 'cause he couldn't hack the smell or looks of 'em. The doc said it was a good thing because they contained (I can't remember), and that he's deathly allergic to it.
It’s a hamburger made from ground beef and sage sausage red grease pouring off of it soaked in gravy potatoes. Just not one of my favorites but I ate it when it was served up back then. Not eating what momma cooked was not an option
edit: but now it is an option 🤣

What I didn't eat for dinner was my breakfast. I hate Sweet Potatoes, brussle sprouts and a few other assorted veggies. Turnips and cale come to mind. I grew up on a farm in Kansas and at one time or another I have eaten just about everything that moves. Turtle, possum, squirrel, bear and snake were common down on the farm. Cow tongue, brains and pigs feet were moms favorites.......

Today I am a veggie and fruit alcoholic. Chicken and fish are my go to protein. Once in a while I will eat red meat and pork but only once in a while. Secret is Mrs Pute's cooking......she can make chicken s-hit taste like chicken salad......

What I didn't eat for dinner was my breakfast. I hate Sweet Potatoes, brussle sprouts and a few other assorted veggies. Turnips and cale come to mind. I grew up on a farm in Kansas and at one time or another I have eaten just about everything that moves. Turtle, possum, squirrel, bear and snake were common down on the farm. Cow tongue, brains and pigs feet were moms favorites.......

Today I am a veggie and fruit alcoholic. Chicken and fish are my go to protein. Once in a while I will eat red meat and pork but only once in a while. Secret is Mrs Pute's cooking......she can make chicken s-hit taste like chicken salad......
I like chicken salad ....!

I remember coming home at 16 stoned and seeing a tray of fried chicken and wolfing down 2 pieces till my Mother said theywere just browned and not cooked.
She made tripe and I could not eat it
Thank goodness my momma must not have liked tripe. She did serve up beef tongue once didn’t even cut it up so it looked like a big tongue laying on the platter. I threw up in my mouth a little when she cut into it and she didn’t make me try it…😜

Thank goodness my momma must not have liked tripe. She did serve up beef tongue once didn’t even cut it up so it looked like a big tongue laying on the platter. I threw up in my mouth a little when she cut into it and she didn’t make me try it…😜
Italians are known for eatining entrails and goat and sheep heads
Im more of a meat ball guy .....

FB_IMG_1659876107483.jpg

Latest posts

Back