Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He’s getting better but had some trouble yesterday after taking his BP meds then his first hot shower. Stayed home and watched him like a hawk. Today he’s better. I had an eye appointment this morning I left him alone and he did fine. He still has light duty for a week. Today I get to bust out the leaf blower which I’ve never used but it’s always looked kinda fun so we shall see how I do. Thanks for asking 💕

He’s getting better but had some trouble yesterday after taking his BP meds then his first hot shower. Stayed home and watched him like a hawk. Today he’s better. I had an eye appointment this morning I left him alone and he did fine. He still has light duty for a week. Today I get to bust out the leaf blower which I’ve never used but it’s always looked kinda fun so we shall see how I do. Thanks for
He’s getting better but had some trouble yesterday after taking his BP meds then his first hot shower. Stayed home and watched him like a hawk. Today he’s better. I had an eye appointment this morning I left him alone and he did fine. He still has light duty for a week. Today I get to bust out the leaf blower which I’ve never used but it’s always looked kinda fun so we shall see how I do. Thanks for asking 💕
I suggest you give him sponge baths for at least a week :rolleyes:

Tell him to be careful with hot showers and BP meds. Hot showers lower your BP.

Watch out. It could now become your job.

Funny My wife uses my leaf blower too, she finds it gets all the hard to reach water off my body better than a towel does

Watch out. It could now become your job.
If I do a shitty job he won’t be able to take it like cutting the grass, I don’t make those straight lines back and forth perfectly and his OCD kicks in. Perhaps my little plan makes him get well and on the road to recovery quicker…

If I do a shitty job he won’t be able to take it like cutting the grass, I don’t make those straight lines back and forth perfectly and his OCD kicks in. Perhaps my little plan makes him get well and on the road to recovery quicker…
Oh Subie Nightingale you wouldnt ,would you?

What BP med is he on? Does he get dizzy when he stands up? What is his HR. What is his BP?
I ask these questions because I know BP meds pretty good. I've been thru them finding the right one and right dosage that doesn't effect my everyday life but keeps my BP good and my HR normal.
I've been taking them for yrs.

Yes dr hopper, I’m not sure the name of it but he takes a BP pill at night then a hydro something in the morning. I’m a bit angry with our doc as even after questioning the meds he has no concerns. his BP last checked was 145/85 but sometimes after taking that hydro pill gets dizzy. In fact one time he passed out while I was giving him a haircut BP was like 85/58 I called 911 but he definitely needs an adjustment on his meds. He sees the doc again next week…

That's bullshit. His BP shouldnt be that high, especially taking BP meds.
I'm going to be careful and not piss anyone off but the fking Doctor just prescribes meds for a problem. He doesn't have to deal with the side effects. The first doc that worked at the hospital that prescribed me BP meds, fked me bad.I could barely get off the couch. My HR would go down into the low 50s and even high 40s at night when I was trying to sleep. My BP was like 90/60.😠
That is not good. So I did some research and asked to be put on Carvedilol 3.125 MG. Which is a BP and a Beta Blocker which helps with BP and HR rate. So my personal Cardiologist gave me those. Told me to take 1 Twice daily. I finally took that little tiny bastard,cut it into half's with a razor blade and took a half, 3 times a day. Morning, noon,and night. Now my BP is normally around 118/78 to 128/80. My HR is usually around 78 bpm. Now I can work,stand up, or whatever with no problems. Believe me you have to be careful with meds and what they are doing to you. Sometimes you have to be your own doctor.
My Cardiologist loves me because he said he has never had anyone that actually does research and reads White Papers written by Cardiologist, to get all that info to make an informed decision.
If you can get the info off those bottles let me know what they are. He can't live that way. It's not gonna be fun or cool.. Disclaimer,,,I don't know your husband or all the problems he is dealing with. The above is based on me having open heart surgery and AFib.

Last edited:
Yes dr hopper, I’m not sure the name of it but he takes a BP pill at night then a hydro something in the morning. I’m a bit angry with our doc as even after questioning the meds he has no concerns. his BP last checked was 145/85 but sometimes after taking that hydro pill gets dizzy. In fact one time he passed out while I was giving him a haircut BP was like 85/58 I called 911 but he definitely needs an adjustment on his meds. He sees the doc again next week…
how is his water intake the diuretics pull a lot out of you and dehydrate too..

That's bullshit. His BP shouldnt be that high, especially taking BP meds.
I'm going to be careful and not piss anyone off but the fking Doctor just prescribes meds for a problem. He doesn't have to deal with the side effects. The first doc that worked at the hospital that prescribed me BP meds, fked me bad.I could barely get off the couch. My HR would go down into the low 50s and even high 40s at night when I was trying to sleep. My BP was like 90/60.😠
That is not good. So I did some research and asked to be put on Carvedilol 3.125 MG. Which is a BP and a Beta Blocker which helps with BP and HR rate. So my personal Cardiologist gave me those. Told me to take 1 Twice daily. I finally took that little tiny bastard,cut it into half's with a razor blade and took a half, 3 times a day. Morning, noon,and night. Now my BP is normally around 118/78 to 128/80. My HR is usually around 78 bpm. Now I can work,stand up, or whatever with no problems. Believe me you have to be careful with meds and what they are doing to you. Sometimes you have to be your own doctor.
My Cardiologist loves me because he said he has never had anyone that actually does research and reads White Papers to get all that info to make an informed decision.
If you can get the info off those bottles let me know what they are. He can't live that way. It's not gonna be fun or cool.
spot on you need to be your own advocate
I recently got my meds cut from lisinopril with hzt 2 x a day to just one lisinopril w/o hzt plus clonidine

Latest posts

Back