Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn, I'm playing for my play yesterday. Rough night and a rough morning. I feel like I've been mule kicked in my left chest. Old Hen swears it's from sitting in a hard chair at the bar for two hours. She might have something there. Most of my time since getting out of the hospital has been laying propped up in my comfy bed watching the tube. It did feel good to see old friends and drink a few beers though.

Can't really complain. I'm still above ground, and that counts!
Our feet still hit the floor and right after my feet hit my brain say wake an bake,

Damn, I'm playing for my play yesterday. Rough night and a rough morning. I feel like I've been mule kicked in my left chest. Old Hen swears it's from sitting in a hard chair at the bar for two hours. She might have something there. Most of my time since getting out of the hospital has been laying propped up in my comfy bed watching the tube. It did feel good to see old friends and drink a few beers though.

Brother
You just lost more than half a lung (Major Surgery) It will take months not weeks before you are doing weekly orgies again.

Bro -- Would you believe... she's right. I cannot sit on a dining room chair for more than a couple of minutes without winding up in misery**

**With me it presents with severe pain in my shot-up shoulder (left shoulder BTW).

Found out just why from MySonTheDoctor:

There is a humongous big nerve down by your whole ass. It is called the "ischiadic nerve". <-- This huge nerve is for leg and foot control, etc., but if you piss it off, it WILL get even with you. And sitting on a hard chair most ricky-tick can thoroughly piss it off.

TJ has ischiadic nerve problem. I see this ad on TV for a calf brace (whatever you call it} that puts pressure on the calf's isciadic nerve, and the pain goes away. I want to order it for a Xmas present. But does it work?

TJ has ischiadic nerve problem. I see this ad on TV for a calf brace (whatever you call it} that puts pressure on the calf's isciadic nerve, and the pain goes away. I want to order it for a Xmas present. But does it work?
I wouldn't know, milady. Give it a shot. Might do something.
1670702959463.png

Bro -- Would you believe... she's right. I cannot sit on a dining room chair for more than a couple of minutes without winding up in misery**

**With me it presents with severe pain in my shot-up shoulder (left shoulder BTW).

Found out just why from MySonTheDoctor:

There is a humongous big nerve down by your whole ass. It is called the "ischiadic nerve". <-- This huge nerve is for leg and foot control, etc., but if you piss it off, it WILL get even with you. And sitting on a hard chair most ricky-tick can thoroughly piss it off.
Yup. Got severe sciatic nerve damage on both sides. The left side of my leg was the first to show symptoms. Around 40 odd years back, it went numb and stayed that way. Remember those little beepers ya used to carry to stay in touch? It was worthless if I put it in my left cargo pocket. Couldn't feel it. I haven't had it happen since I retired, but on occasion it would go to the razor blade mode, and then to pure hell's fire like someone was playing a blow torch up and down. I'd jump outta bed screaming with a bad case of Tourette's syndrome and try to walk it off. It worked sometimes.
The right leg isn't nearly as bad. I just get the creepy crawlies on that side. Being an arachnophobe, it was hard getting used to. Feels just like a spider crawling up my leg. To this day, I'll still look to make sure it's not.
I can always tell the folks at the pub that have blown discs. They do the same thing I do; chair calisthenics. Lean to one side, arch your back, lean to the other side, repete.
I'd mention the severe cervical nerve damage and the two torn rotator cuffs, but you'd call me a whiner, so I won't. :) Ain't gonna mention the arthritis from my saddle to my sombrero, either.
Gettin' old ain't for sissies for sure. :angiesfavorite:

Yup. Got severe sciatic nerve damage on both sides. The left side of my leg was the first to show symptoms. Around 40 odd years back, it went numb and stayed that way. Remember those little beepers ya used to carry to stay in touch? It was worthless if I put it in my left cargo pocket. Couldn't feel it. I haven't had it happen since I retired, but on occasion it would go to the razor blade mode, and then to pure hell's fire like someone was playing a blow torch up and down. I'd jump outta bed screaming with a bad case of Tourette's syndrome and try to walk it off. It worked sometimes.
The right leg isn't nearly as bad. I just get the creepy crawlies on that side. Being an arachnophobe, it was hard getting used to. Feels just like a spider crawling up my leg. To this day, I'll still look to make sure it's not.
I can always tell the folks at the pub that have blown discs. They do the same thing I do; chair calisthenics. Lean to one side, arch your back, lean to the other side, repete.
I'd mention the severe cervical nerve damage and the two torn rotator cuffs, but you'd call me a whiner, so I won't. :) Ain't gonna mention the arthritis from my saddle to my sombrero, either.
Gettin' old ain't for sissies for sure. :angiesfavorite:
Hippie I remember when I tore my Rotator Cuff on my left shoulder a few yrs ago you told me how to rehab it instead of surgery.
I would get in the shower and start working my fingers crawling up the shower wall. Took me several months but I got almost full motion again. It still hurts sometimes if I get stupid bet at least I didn't waste my time with surgery. They say even the surgery doesn't hold a lot of times.
For awhile I had hell putting a belt in my pants. Even getting dressed was a mother fker.

I have sciatic pain in my left leg. I stretch it like crazy. Kills me every time is sit for any length of time. Just started noticing it a few months ago.

What's next to fall apart.
I have had severe sciatica and its torture. Drugs do nothing and at least for me only relief was to ice it antartica style

I have sciatic pain in my left leg. I stretch it like crazy. Kills me every time is sit for any length of time. Just started noticing it a few months ago.

What's next to fall apart.
I can walk longer than I can stand. I can stand longer than I can sit. I can lay flat on my back and actually get some relief. A good stiff bed seems to work the best. I've fallen asleep on an MRI table on several occasions.

Hippie I remember when I tore my Rotator Cuff on my left shoulder a few yrs ago you told me how to rehab it instead of surgery.
I would get in the shower and start working my fingers crawling up the shower wall. Took me several months but I got almost full motion again. It still hurts sometimes if I get stupid bet at least I didn't waste my time with surgery. They say even the surgery doesn't hold a lot of times.
For awhile I had hell putting a belt in my pants. Even getting dressed was a mother fker.
Hope you don't have my luck and get a healthy dose of arthritis in it. Everybody I know that's torn one had it show up within a few years.

Latest posts

Back