Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1675368725775.png

Ever see BB caps 22's I use to shoot them along with 22 bird shot in my backyard all the time.
View attachment 318908
The small one, just a primer charge sets it off
There is one more variant: In size it was between the leftiest one above and the .22 short, but the top was covered with a kind of wax. It shot tear gas from a pen-like shooter. I had one.
1675416354325.png

got my first .410 mossberg shotgun by selling cards off an add in the comic books...dad had to sign for it but what a hoot, still have that gun and it shoot as well then as it does now...as for .22 cal. guns, I love 'em...must have at least 10, mostly 10/22 and colt woodsmans...
I probably have only about 10 or so long guns anymore; I keep giving them away to my kids, my kids' kids... Being a Grampa has its responsibilities.

I gave my son, Puck, my 1911. <-- NOT a 1911A or A1. It has a 5-digit serial number, straight back grip, small sights, V-ramp for the chamber. We shot all our 1918-dated ammo. Yeah, I know, stoopid. The ammo was lead, and the powder sparked.

Dad bought me my first gun when I was 3 years old. Got it at the local country store.
Winchester .410 single shot.
I killed many a squirrel with it once I got big enough to tote it.
Later on, I dug enough ginseng one year to buy a new 20 gauge Wingmaster.
Got a nice Winchester .22 lever action not long after that.
Still have all 3.
Still love the Wingmaster for rabbit hunting.
I have a Supermag that shoots 3.5” magnum shells. It is hard on turkeys, and my shoulder.
I have a Marlin lever gun chambered in .44 that I bought for deer hunting a few years ago. I like it. Great gun for kids as well.
I bought a Ruger American in .450 Bushmaster a couple years ago that I REALLY like for deer hunting. Ain’t a kids gun though.
Hoping to try it out on a Colorado bear this coming September.

Good morning Passion peeps. Gonna be a day just like yesterday. The gas guy left yesterday frustrated that he had some fittings that he said were faulty and leaked several of them. He hooked up a temporary line so we could have hot water last night. Shortly after he left maybe a couple of hours we passed thru the room to find water leaking from the temporary inlet line to the hot water heater. The room was halfway covered in water on the floor not quite reaching my grow tent. I shut the valve off, turned the hot water heater to pilot only and put something down to catch the leaking water so it wouldn’t cover the whole floor with water. Had to empty it three times before it finally stopped leaking, well down to a slow drip anyway. He’s due back today and said he feels pretty good that he will be finished today and we will have heat tonight.

was unable to get my kidney stent out until I take enough antibiotics to get rid of a UTI that my urine sample showed. I have to say the recovery from this surgery has been miserable. Hopefully the antibiotics we’ll help this some. Normally I have a high resistance to pain but this has been chipping away from that making me more whimpey than normal for me anyway. Looking forward to being on the other side of this hill

hope everyone has a sweet day. Gonna sneak a little water to my girls to tied them over till they are back in their normal environment. My tent this morning was 50F with 60% humidity.
the inside tent had the same readings and my two girlcrush plants had a bit of wilting. I gave them a sip of water first thing to see if they perk up in a couple hours.
but for now, I’m gonna catch me a little buzz to start my day a little better. ✌️

Latest posts

Back