Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
6c70fc03bb17540e5ca7396f87bf2c2d.gif

Good Freeze Morning

My dad was a maintenance superintendent in an oil refinery, who did his own carpentry and plumbing. He both taught me how and that a man's work is his signature, which people see and judge him by long after he's gone.

In addition, working as a manufacturing engineer in both ship repair and aerospace designing plumbing and managing its installation, exposed me to professionals and professional standards that further spoiled me.

I replaced the BIP with copper in our house and rentals myself and am proud to say they are level, parallel, and perpendicular. I've installed PVC piping in sprinkler systems but have no experience with PEX.

I also plumbed the WolfWurx Terpenator systems in stainless piping, all of which had to be purdy and we never put one out that wasn't. At $40K to $60K a pop, we could have never gotten away with anything less.
Hospital piping of oxy and suction pipe is pretty wild.
I had a good friend RIP Bobby whose Father sold valves and piping to neuc plants .
In the end they were sold for scrap and i really regret not keeping some of those high $ s/s valves

Well yes because we keep it at 64 at night and during theday we now have a gas wall heater piped into ourpropane tank
thats a beautius thing .
If it is not frigid we run that all day and at 8 put on house heat
The positive part about my oil heat is i have 2 tents along side some cast iron baseboard that helps me with heat.

Finally warming up here starting today. Pretty much all the ice has melted off. I got a Fking flat on a brand new tire on my truck. All the shit that's been on the highways from wrecks and shit. Big ass screw in my back right tire. Fkers.

My dad was a maintenance superintendent in an oil refinery, who did his own carpentry and plumbing. He both taught me how and that a man's work is his signature, which people see and judge him by long after he's gone.

In addition, working as a manufacturing engineer in both ship repair and aerospace designing plumbing and managing its installation, exposed me to professionals and professional standards that further spoiled me.

I replaced the BIP with copper in our house and rentals myself and am proud to say they are level, parallel, and perpendicular. I've installed PVC piping in sprinkler systems but have no experience with PEX.

I also plumbed the WolfWurx Terpenator systems in stainless piping, all of which had to be purdy and we never put one out that wasn't. At $40K to $60K a pop, we could have never gotten away with anything less.
I’ve never worked with PEX either but to me only a fool would think the installation between two fittings not being level, parallel, and perpendicular would not have a negative effect on the sealing of those joints. Especially since he had trouble with those things leaking three times after he installed them. I made a list of things I’m not satisfied with in hopes that they will be attended to. Being a mechanical systems inspector by trade does not help me I’m sure but I’m trying to come to a happy medium with what I expect and the reality of the requirements in the outside world…

I’ve never worked with PEX either but to me only a fool would think the installation between two fittings not being level, parallel, and perpendicular would not have a negative effect on the sealing of those joints. Especially since he had trouble with those things leaking three times after he installed them. I made a list of things I’m not satisfied with in hopes that they will be attended to. Being a mechanical systems inspector by trade does not help me I’m sure but I’m trying to come to a happy medium with what I expect and the reality of the requirements in the outside world…
Oh btw, our house is still at 62. Temp set on 70 all night…so he’s got work to do there too…

Really Subbie those buffoons were not working with pex . Pex is the plastic piping and they use ( in most cases) metal copper fittings that you put a pex s/s ring on it and use a pex crimper.They have to be the right clamps not sprinkler clamps .
Those chooches used copper and where there was a fitting or a turn they used Shark Bite fittings which require no soldiering .
They were not plumbers nor tradesmen .
Reason I mention this I would want you to sound informed when talking to the head chooch .
I see no pex I see a sea of shark bite fittings
PAY NO ATTENTION TO HIS SOB STORY REPEAT READING AND READ IT AGAIN . He knew who he was sending to your house .
How dare he represent him self as a pro and send retards to your house .
Much less you are paying for their time and their inexperience took them many hours longer
nothing is secure from the electric to what looks like a condensate pump line or maybe the circ line
I wrote a song many years ago called " I don't think so. "

Oh btw, our house is still at 62. Temp set on 70 all night…so he’s got work to do there too…
Normal Hot water setting on base board is 160-180 when it is a very cold area they bump it up to 170-190 temp swings
Burner comes on when water drops to 160 and back off at 180
180 is not warm enough to heat a house if it is not well insulated and will result in the house not reaching good heat range
My hosue has many air leaks but I too am on 160-180 temp settings.
I f your area had and is having extremely low temps for short time I would not bring it up to 190.

Really Subbie those buffoons were not working with pex . Pex is the plastic piping and they use ( in most cases) metal copper fittings that you put a pex s/s ring on it and use a pex crimper.They have to be the right clamps not sprinkler clamps .
Those chooches used copper and where there was a fitting or a turn they used Shark Bite fittings which require no soldiering .
They were not plumbers nor tradesmen .
Reason I mention this I would want you to sound informed when talking to the head chooch .
I see no pex I see a sea of shark bite fittings
PAY NO ATTENTION TO HIS SOB STORY REPEAT READING AND READ IT AGAIN . He knew who he was sending to your house .
How dare he represent him self as a pro and send retards to your house .
Much less you are paying for their time and their inexperience took them many hours longer
nothing is secure from the electric to what looks like a condensate pump line or maybe the circ line
I wrote a song many years ago called " I don't think so. "
But what recourse does she have
Refuse to pay, go to small claims court?
If she wins she will still have to pay for the installed new equipe, unless she tells them to remove it all.
Then she is screwed if it is still cold temps.
Stuck between hard ball and a rock

Latest posts

Back