Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep I am letting them go. Time to quit.
Good luck. Easier said than done in my case. I haven't had a cigarette in seven years, and I still dream about 'em, and I still love the smell of burning tobacco. Vaping helped, but after losing half of my left lung and a quarter of my right, I quit that too. Still munching the gum and nic pouches. Still dreaming of puffing on a lung dart.

Good morning Misfits. I'm going to have a nap attack. Have a great day. 🤪
1679240461618.png

Good luck. Easier said than done in my case. I haven't had a cigarette in seven years, and I still dream about 'em, and I still love the smell of burning tobacco. Vaping helped, but after losing half of my left lung and a quarter of my right, I quit that too. Still munching the gum and nic pouches. Still dreaming of puffing on a lung dart.
I'll break your Hand

Brother do yourself a favor and get away from tobacco. It's horrible for your arteries and lungs.
Since I gave up smoking 20 yrs ago, my doc. recommended I stop with the booze. That was tougher then when I quit smoking. I still sneak a shot of scotch weekly, usually on Sunday evenings.

I've been living with Atrial Fibrillation (a-fib) for 10 yrs, I'm 78. Last week my cardiologist recommended I have another electrical cardioversion.

I declined since I've had that procedure three times already, it worked by putting the heart back into a normal rhythm, only problem is 6 months later the heart jumped back into a-fib.

He then recommended that we start from scratch and advised that I perform a stress test. Personally I think it is a waste of time and effort. How much of a stress can my old heart take?, anyway I'm scheduled for that procedure next month.

I've been dealing with AFib since my open heart surgery in 2013. I neer knew when I was going to have an AFib attack. When it happened my heart would beat outta my damn chest and I would sweat profusely and damn near pass out. Chest would hurt like a mother fker.
I finally got it under control with Thyroid medication. You wouldn't believe how much control your thyroid has over your heartbeat. I also take a Beta Blocker but it wasn't keeping the AFib at bay very good until I added Thyroid medication. Now I hardly even get fluttering anymore. And I drink beer almost every day in the evenings. I can't do hard liquor though. My AFib no likey high alcohol content.
Light beer causes me no problems at all.
Have you had your thyroid checked?

I've been dealing with AFib since my open heart surgery in 2013. I neer knew when I was going to have an AFib attack. When it happened my heart would beat outta my damn chest and I would sweat profusely and damn near pass out. Chest would hurt like a mother fker.
I finally got it under control with Thyroid medication. You wouldn't believe how much control your thyroid has over your heartbeat. I also take a Beta Blocker but it wasn't keeping the AFib at bay very good until I added Thyroid medication. Now I hardly even get fluttering anymore. And I drink beer almost every day in the evenings. I can't do hard liquor though. My AFib no likey high alcohol content.
Light beer causes me no problems at all.
Have you had your thyroid checked?
WH, good to hear from you. That is good news about better control over the heartbeat.
No, that remedy is totally news to me, and I will for sure check into it. What the heck, it can do no harm. Thanks for the information.
I'm a beer drinker as well, I drink Budweiser no alcohol. Tastes just like the real stuff.
Take care my brother.

Thyroid hormone: How it affects your heart​

March 15, 2022
3d rendered illustration of a thyroid cancer

Image: Sciero/Getty Images
The thyroid gland, which wraps around the windpipe, releases hormones that have wide-ranging effects on the body.

Too little or too much of this crucial hormone can contribute to heart problems.

Located at the base your throat, the butterfly-shaped thyroid gland releases hormones that affect every organ in your body—especially your heart. Thyroid hormone influences the force and speed of your heartbeat, your blood pressure, and your cholesterol level. As a result, a malfunctioning thyroid gland can cause problems that masquerade as heart disease or make existing heart disease worse.

How true WH, let me ask you something?
Are you taking over the counter thyroid med or is it prescription.
Prescription from my Primary care doctor after she seen my Thyroid blood test. She is pretty cool. It's Levothyroxine. My thyroid was under active so my TSH levels were to high.. I take a very low dose. As a matter of fact she gave me a 25mg that I cut into half and only take 12.5 mg per day. As soon as I started taking it my AFib pretty much went away. When I told my Cardiologist about it he was shocked. I gave him the same link I gave you. He said he was going to look into and keep it in mind for his other heart patience. I study shit all the time brother. I even read what's called White Papers on different medical conditions and medications. My doctor's love that I watch the meds I take and only take what I need.i could tell you a lot of shit I found out for myself but I would put you to sleep.😁

Last edited:
A big city New York lawyer went duck hunting in rural Texas. He shot and dropped a bird, but it fell into a farmer's field on the other side of a fence. As the lawyer climbed over the fence, an elderly farmer drove up on his tractor and asked him what he was doing.

The litigator responded, "I shot a duck and it fell in this field, and now I'm going into retrieve it."

The old farmer replied. "This is my property, and you are not coming over here."

The indignant lawyer said, "I am one of the best trial attorneys in the U.S. and, if you don't let me get that duck, I'll sue you and take everything you own."

The old farmer smiled and said, "Apparently, you don't know how we do things in Texas. We settle small disagreements like this with the Texas Three Kick Rule."

The lawyer asked, "What is the Texas Three Kick Rule?"

The farmer replied, "Well, first I kick you three times and then you kick me three times, and so on, back and forth, until someone gives up."

The attorney quickly thought about the proposed contest and decided that he could easily take the old codger. He agreed to abide by the local custom.

The old farmer slowly climbed down from the tractor and walked up to the city feller. His first kick planted the toe of his heavy work boot into the lawyer's shin and dropped him to his knees. His second kick landed square on the man's nose. The barrister was flat on his belly when the farmer's third kick to a kidney nearly caused him to give up.

The lawyer summoned every bit of his will and managed to get to his feet and said, "Okay, you old coot, now it's my turn!"

The old farmer smiled and said, "Naw, I give up. You can have the duck."

The old farmer was about to take a break with a glass of water when a black sedan pulled into the drive. The driver dressed in a dark suit identified himself as a federal agent and was here to inspect the property.

Being a good citizen of the country, the old farmer was very attentive and had no problem with the agents reason for being on the property.

The old farmer did caution the agent about going into that field, pointing to the right.

The agent took a deep breath, puffed his chest out and proceeds to pull a badge out of his pocket.

The agent then told the old farmer that with this badge, he was authorized to go anywhere in the country.

He then climbed over the fence and started walking toward the direction the farmer advised not to.

Less than 5 minutes later the old farmer heard an earth-shaking shriek. Looking toward the noise, he saw the federal agent screaming and running as fast as he could with an 1800 lb Brahma bull right on his tail.

The old farmer then yield out to the agent, “show him your badge, show him your badge”.

Latest posts

Back