Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Being that we are usually carrying something, such as a laundry basket when climbing the stairs, yet another solution is to sell out and buy/build a single level residence. Alas, even our rentals are two stories with basements.
When the Old Hen and I were young'uns, we dreamed of building our own house. All the plans we fell in love with were two story. After a year or so, I told her that we had a flaw in our logic. We forgot to factor in getting too old to do much stair climbing.
Still like the looks of a multi level house, but maybe in my next life I'll factor in an elevator..... :)

When the Old Hen and I were young'uns, we dreamed of building our own house. All the plans we fell in love with were two story. After a year or so, I told her that we had a flaw in our logic. We forgot to factor in getting too old to do much stair climbing.
Still like the looks of a multi level house, but maybe in my next life I'll factor in an elevator..... :)

Just dropped by to say HIGH to all of my old friends. Hope life has been KIND to you and all is well in your world. Still trying to survive in this new world.. A special shouout to Boo for the early B-Day gifts that will be enjoyed long after the day has passed. 2 am here so I will say good night and take care n stay safe!!!
Well slap the dog and spit in the fire. Good to hear from you Reibsi! Hope you are doing well.

Nice walk today. Cool with a slight breeze.

Gotta hose down the decks and mow the field out back.....later

Perfect Girl​

A friend asked me the other day why I never got married. I replied "Well, I guess I just never met the right woman... I guess I've been looking for the perfect girl." "Oh, come on now," said my friend. "Surely you have met at least one girl that you wanted to marry." "Yes, there was one girl... once. I guess she was the one perfect girl -- the only perfect girl I really ever met. She was just the right everything... I really mean that she was the perfect girl for me." "Well, why didn't you marry her?" asked my friend. I shrugged my shoulders and replied, "She was looking for the perfect man'

giphy.gif

Looks like the Trans movement started in Texas
1685053442138.png

In the 1940s men dressed up in short-shorts and cowboy boots, served up women at Drive-Ups in Dallas.
In 1940, Dallas was in a tizzy about the sudden fad of scantily-clad “girl carhops.” This scourge had made its way to Dallas from Houston, and in April of 1940, it was a newspaper story with, as it were … legs. For a good month or two, stories of sexy carhops were everywhere.
But it wasn’t until a woman from Oak Cliff piped up that something actually happened. She complained that she didn’t want to look at girls’ legs when she stopped in at her local drive-in — she wanted to look at men’s legs. Drive-in owners thought that was a GREAT idea, and the idea of the scantily-clad male carhop was born.

If I were to design the perfect home today, it would be fireproof, hurricane/tornado and earthquake proof, with solar panels, as well as passively cooled and heated, all on one level.

I considered elevators, but there is no space on the first floor that we would care to give up for it.

Yep, I'd go underground. Not really truly underground, but built on flat ground and covered over on all sides except the south. I saw one in Michigan that was built that way and the way they laid out the floorplan, it got natural light in every room. In the summertime, it stayed cool, and in the winter, it took very little electric heat to keep warm. The entire south side was glass but had a concealed steel shutter system that could go down in case of storms.

Yep, I'd go underground. Not really truly underground, but built on flat ground and covered over on all sides except the south. I saw one in Michigan that was built that way and the way they laid out the floorplan, it got natural light in every room. In the summertime, it stayed cool, and in the winter, it took very little electric heat to keep warm. The entire south side was glass but had a concealed steel shutter system that could go down in case of storms.
Most likely could withstand a nuclear strike too
As long as it was not dropped on your bunker

Looks like the Trans movement started in Texas
View attachment 329371
In the 1940s men dressed up in short-shorts and cowboy boots, served up women at Drive-Ups in Dallas.
In 1940, Dallas was in a tizzy about the sudden fad of scantily-clad “girl carhops.” This scourge had made its way to Dallas from Houston, and in April of 1940, it was a newspaper story with, as it were … legs. For a good month or two, stories of sexy carhops were everywhere.
But it wasn’t until a woman from Oak Cliff piped up that something actually happened. She complained that she didn’t want to look at girls’ legs when she stopped in at her local drive-in — she wanted to look at men’s legs. Drive-in owners thought that was a GREAT idea, and the idea of the scantily-clad male carhop was born.

Latest posts

Back