Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's The Russians

Not far fetched given recent events!

ood morning, Islanders. Hope everybody still has all their digits and had a good time with family and friends. I celebrated America's birthday with my two sweeties and critters, just like I enjoy it.

All I started with, but a local experimenting with DIY Tannerite improvised fireworks lost all the fingers off one hand. I haven't heard how his eyesight and hearing are.

Fireworks were banned here due to the extreme fire danger, but of course there are some set off anyway, one suspected of burning down a church. A couple of just before 3:00 AM M-80's around here, ostensibly shortly after the bars closed.

Yeah, but they sound weird.

Sneaky too when you are WOT trying to grab a lane.

59F @ 83% RH, gorgeous with 5 mph wind and predicted to reach 92F.

Four apartments sprayed with over 80 rounds, without hitting anyone.

Some quality time with Growgeek and the pups at Grant Park and the last of the HEPPA filters out of my garage. All to DIY laminar flow hood projects.

Hee, hee, hee, progress one treasure at a time and 24 ft3 of space liberated and I found some sanitary clamps and fittings that I didn't know were there compliments of Son 1. Just getting to the part he packed, so this may be interesting and so far like Christmas.

Off shopping for a kitchen light fixture for one of the rentals, to replace one the 70+ year old tenant doesn't like, and an appointment to get a mah silver locks shorn and inch or so and thinned to remove the unruly parts, so as not to be mistaken for homeless.

You left handed devil. They now want to tear down the Statue Of Liberty. I guess we could just put you there showing off your short comings.....standing up.
You keep axing, you gonna git...

BOD2.JPG

Uh-oohhh... Herself put her dainty foot down and forbid me to show you the nudie of me at the lathe. Ah, well... This is very similar, but this dude's schwantz seems to be suffering some delassation.

David.jpg

Oooops! Is everything battened down and a standby generator ready?

Thanks for the concern. I am as secure as one can be in a two story home just shy of 100 yrs. old with over 30 original windows, original glass. Heart pine ship lap siding, original roof. It has lasted this long. I pray. No generator, but I can tough out a power outage. My bathtub is full so I can flush my toilet (on a well here) and I have food and bottled water.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh wow!!! Heavy rain coming! And when I say HEAVY I am talking about 10 or 12 inches in 3 or 4 days. What would you do - move the plants under the palapa? It's got no sides but if I put them near the middle they should be OK. Normally I don't worry, my plants can handle heavy rain, but that amount?

Oh wow!!! Heavy rain coming! And when I say HEAVY I am talking about 10 or 12 inches in 3 or 4 days. What would you do - move the plants under the palapa? It's got no sides but if I put them near the middle they should be OK. Normally I don't worry, my plants can handle heavy rain, but that amount?

I brought the plants in this afternoon. They are wet, but under a fan. Tornadic conditions and high winds are my biggest fear in these big storms.

Thanks for the concern. I am as secure as one can be in a two story home just shy of 100 yrs. old with over 30 original windows, original glass. Heart pine ship lap siding, original roof. It has lasted this long. I pray. No generator, but I can tough out a power outage. My bathtub is full so I can flush my toilet (on a well here) and I have food and bottled water.
@Shiloh -- here is probably the best weather site on the planet. (You might want to save the URL) I just looked, and at this moment Elsa is meh-meh nuffin. Absolute tippy-top wind speed is 43mph. Meh.

Lookit:

Ventusky - Weather Forecast Maps

Good morning and good to see those in the path of the storms are safe.

We have sustained winds out here on the high plains of 60-80 mph all the time .
I guess that would be a Cat 1 prairiecane.
Nobody gets evacuated.

Coffee is hot and it will be hot today. Beats snow and ice anytime.

33366D87-D0A6-4720-9A93-F79F262DD5E6.jpeg
7560A24A-9378-461F-9C48-6584624FA528.jpeg

If your house has been there 100 years, it has weathered some significant storms, so odds sound in your favor short of a tornado. Sending good thoughts!

62F @ 75% RH, gorgeous with 6mph winds and predicted to reach 81F.

I was finally able to get a haircut and find the motivation to haul five cases of records up the stairs for archiving. Payback is that there is more room in the office..............

Dinner out with a couple of our oldest friends, about a decade older than us, but both in poor health and slowed way down. He's already died once and is now on multiple bypasses and a pace maker, plus has his weight down to 130 lbs and has shrunk three inches in height. She is frail as well at 113lbs and has some problem affecting her muscles and balance, so that she can barely walk and uses a walker.

He was blessed with a brilliant mind, but alas was slightly socially awkward and inherited a puny body. His wife was socially gracious, so they made a good pair and together they built a thriving electronics business, in addition to raising a family. Both are still enjoying life and he just traded off his two year loaded Cadillac, for a new loaded Audi. He traded off his two year old Mercedes for the Cadillac because he didn't like the sound system in the Mercedes, and I forgot why he traded off the Cadillac, but good to see him having fun putting his hard earned money back into circulation, instead of hoarding it away for his kids inheritance.

Covid has kept them both pent up and she blossomed at a dinner out visiting, stretching dinner and the pre and post prandial tete a tete here, out about four hours before he predictably started twitching and squirming. Good to see her having fun too, just sad to watch wind down.

Latest posts

Back