Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks everyone, we're extremely happy to still have him with us. Another day saw him feeling quite sore and the swelling set in more on a banged up head. He was too invincible to be wearing a helmet. Was going about 50 when he wiped out. Kid's tough as nails, always has been, after bouncing and sliding about 180 feet he popped right up to his feet. Butthead did all this right by his house out raising cain and unfortunately his daughter was witness to this mess and was understandably pretty shook up. He says he's done with motorcycles, that he's got too much to live for. I hope he sticks to it, we'll see.

Morning boys. MG, I'll bet your boy is finding new sore spots on his body every time he moves. He's a lucky man to be alive.

I took the TJ back to the place that put the plow on the JK to see if he could get that blasted screw out. He restores a lot of vintage cars, so I figured he'd ran into the problem many times. He monkeyed with it for twenty minutes or so to no avail. We figured the best way was to drill the head off, hope that the rest of the screws came out of the hinge, and then maybe grab it with a pair of vice grips. Sounded like a lot of work to me. On the way home, I stopped by a car repair shop a half mile from the house and showed this young fella my problem. He took a bigger Torx bit, banged it into the screw with a hammer, and proceeded to back it out with a little 3/8ths drive ratchet wrench.
I asked him how much I owed him, and he told me nothing. I reached into my purse and handed him a ten and told him lunch was on me. He saved me a ton of work and frustration.
Might go out and work on it in between rainstorms, or I might just goof off the rest of the day. :)

I still ride a lot. I used to be crazy on a bike, surprised I'm still here. Ride a lot more defensive now but you can't control the other people on the road. It is a dangerous hobby. Bubble we're expecting the Saharan dust also

Good morning cyber friends! Nice and brisk this morning; a pleasant change from the 80's and 90's we've been having. I'm not sure what kind of mischief I'll find to get into this morning, but I'm sure something will pop up.
Hope you all stay high and healthy. I wish I could reach out and give all of you a big hug. Hugs are good. :)

Mine needs it too, but why do something today that you can put off until tomorrow? As a reward to myself for my lack of motivation, I'm going to drink beer at my favorite bar & grill this afternoon.

Mr. Pute, it's been such a dry spell, the first person that gets some "afternoon delight" is going to get hurt, bad. ;)

Hello again peeps. Been preoccupied and haven't been able to find time for this stuff but, hopefully I'll be able to be around a little more now.
Hope all you dads had a Happy Father's Day. My gift was that my oldest son was still alive for it. He had a nasty motorcycle wreck the night before and very easily could've been dead. Extremely thankful that he's still here with us.
Damn mg that’s never good I ride myself and I know how dangerous it can b out their glad to hear he’s well though

Latest posts

Back