Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you always follow Budda, I see Hippie does also Interested......
I'm more of a nudist than a Buddhist. I do believe in Karma, though.

I mentioned Buddha at work one time, and a moron went off on me. "You bow down to a snot nosed kid 'cause he's the Dali Lama?"

"Nope, but you Christians bowed down to a newborn baby in a manger."

"Yeah, but that's different!"

"How?"

End of argument.

Huge parade in the city today. Celebrating the Avalanche winning the Stanley Cup. They are expecting over 500,000. I'm not going anywhere near it. I have no desire to get near a huge crowd.

Blind justice is when the neighbors that have been talking behind your back about being a non vaxers come down with covid. Probably blaming us....ha ha! Did you hear Fauci just got it for the second time....good to see the masks and vaccines work.

^^^wrong thread....I don't care.

I'm more of a nudist than a Buddhist. I do believe in Karma, though. I mentioned Buddha at work one time, and a moron went off on me. "You bow down to a snot nosed kid 'cause he's the Dali Lama?" "Nope, but you Christians bowed down to a newborn baby in a manger." "Yeah, but that's different!" "How?" End of argument.

There is more than one sect of Buddhism and there are those who worship in the traditional ways, and those of us whom see truth and gain insights from their insightful observations. Like we are all a part of the one and be here now for instance.

People are still people, and it was also insightful to see two different Buddha sects brawling and throwing things at each other.

Last time I looked at the statistics, there were over 10,000 different religions in the world with 500 or more followers, one of which is Christianity, which had 32,500 different sects at the time and growing.

Given that everyone believes theirs is the true religion and everyone else is wrong, we are left to our own resources to embrace a scenario that works for ourselves. Mine recognizes the enormity of the whole, but short on miracles, incense, and ritual.

We had a root cellar that was actually under the house. I was always cool in there even in the hottest summer days. I remember all the canned stuff on shelf after shelf, and the egg boxes with the lime water. <-- Square, oak tubs. Each week, some eggs were placed in the tubs. One side was for putting them in, the other for taking them out.

Beets, potatoes, dried beans, onions, carrots, rutabagas, turnips, cabbage were all in their places.

Something else I remember... I find it hard to believe how utterly normal it was to me as a little kid: Hanging from a hook in the ceiling was a big ham. It was sorta covered with a green mold. When we were gonna have ham, some mold would be scraped off, and a steak was cut from the main body. I do not know how that worked... but it clearly did.

Modern folks say if you cut the ham, you gotta cut it all up and friginate the unused. Nope. All you gotta do is cut off the green mold <-- even on the already cut surface... get that, too. The ham was always delicious, never any leftovers.

Looked like this, sorta... only our walls were rock. Note the roots on the cabbage.
1656598548541.png

1656598728325.png

HAH!! I can see the usual green mold on the bottoms of the 4 hams in the center. No big thing.

Last edited:
Roster......If you dont take what your doing seriously then you shouldn't be doing it. Hippie is doing exactly what he is supposed to be doing,,,keeping this site on track. He was trying to be nice about it brother.

Latest posts

Back