Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good morning Islanders. We're having an unbelievable cool spell here. I can't remember an August where it got down in the low 50's at night & took most of the day to get to 70. August is our hottest month in Michigan. I might get to put some real miles on the plow this winter if this cold snap is any indicator. I'll bet the outdoor growers are digging it. There's nothing like cold mornings to make the green gals put on weight.
I'm off to do a couple of chores and then commence to getting the day's glow on. Bubble hash in the morning, beer in the afternoon. It's good to be me!:D

Turned out to be a some what good day. Stayed cloudy and got the boat rigged up for stripers and hybrids. Hope to go out on Saturday. Going out in the morning to catch shad with the throw net. Have the bait keeper ready and running. Can usually keep shad alive for a few days if they don't get to hot.

Most of the plants are budding out. That reminds me I need to spray BT tonight.

12003289_1047111495308351_3043478280537138038_n.jpg

Shad is a bait fish. There are a few types, gizzard shad, thread fin shad and river shad. They are algae eaters. One of the best baits for all predator fish. A lot of lures are made to look like them too. A white fish with a black dot on each side.

Tough to keep alive but if you can you'll have a better chance of catching the bigger stripers. That's the plan..

user245633_pic1228433_1396346406.jpg

Good morning residents of the Island of Misfits. It's Friday, the end of the work week and I thank those that contribute and keep the Social Security fund solvent. It's coffee drinking time, a new day is dawning, so up and at 'em, stoners.

Latest posts

Back