Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Morning missfits. Hope your weekend is off to a great start! I finally finished trimming yesterday. No more scissor work for three weeks. Last 3 days were a blur.....Trimming will do that.

Working outside today. Gonna be another hot one though....lots of water.

BB later.

Ernie Pyle was one of my heroes. And he had a way of writing that I admired greatly. So I am going to cop one of his similes from when he was rejoining a bunch of his GI buddies:
"It was like putting on comfortable old shoes."

Looks like it Unca Walt

Marvin "Popcorn" Sutton (October 5, 1946 – March 16, 2009) was an American Appalachian moonshiner and bootlegger. Born in Maggie Valley, North Carolina,[2][3] he grew up, lived, and died in the rural areas around Maggie Valley and nearby Cocke County, Tennessee.[4][5][6] He wrote a self-published autobiographical guide to moonshining production, self-produced a home video depicting his moonshining activities, and was later the subject of several documentaries, including one that received a Regional Emmy Award.

Good morning residents of the Island of Misfits. It's the dawning of a wonderful day. Let's just celebrate the fact that we are all here, alive and still kicking and able to enjoy the day ahead. Drinking coffee to start, getting ready for a session of "wake 'n bake". Time to get stoned, join me.

Im awake every morning early.
No back problems but for some reason when i first get up in the morning and walk,,my freaking heals hurt. WTH is that all about. 😜
Anybody else experience that?

Last edited by a moderator:
i know who your talking about now, i never watched any of the moonshine shows as well as any of the other reality shows.
Thats because Popcorn was for real. The other freaking morons was a setup. That show Moonshiners was a bunch of bullshet. How the hell do you air on television for yrs that your cooking up shine and not get your ass busted. I was told it was all for show.

my whole body hurts from osteoarthritis, the really bad areas are lower back down. my legs hurt my ankles and feet are killer. you my just have a bone spur, i did have one removed because it made my heel hurt so bad i didn't even want a sock on my foot. i get up every morning doing the ozzy osbourne shuffle, i never thought i would hurt like this at this age (59). it has made my so stiff that it's hard to put on my socks and shoes. in my younger days i was hell as i could stand flat footed and kick you upside the head, now i have to kick you in the knee. i do still try to stretch but i do get cramps every time i do. getting old is fun ain't it.

Im awake every morning early.
No back problems but for some reason when i first get up in the morning and walk,,my freaking heals hurt. WTH is that all about. 😜
Anybody else experience that?
BT
Do you by chance have a lower spine injury in the lumbar region?
I have some degeneration and crushed disc and I get lower leg pain and my feet feel like someone hit them with a caning stick by morning. Can hardly walk until I push out the 1st 20 steps or so, then I can walk OK until about 7pm and downhill again

my whole body hurts from osteoarthritis, the really bad areas are lower back down. my legs hurt my ankles and feet are killer. you my just have a bone spur, i did have one removed because it made my heel hurt so bad i didn't even want a sock on my foot. i get up every morning doing the ozzy osbourne shuffle, i never thought i would hurt like this at this age (59). it has made my so stiff that it's hard to put on my socks and shoes. in my younger days i was **** as i could stand flat footed and kick you upside the head, now i have to kick you in the knee. i do still try to stretch but i do get cramps every time i do. getting old is fun ain't it.
Sounds like you and I got run over by the same truck..............
See the source image

Latest posts

Back