Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
found out I have it when I was hospitalized for a massive pulmonary embolism.

Back in 2003 for me, but same thing. I almost killed myself. They told me they suspected a lung embolism and set me up for the test; I left and went to my oldest son's basketball game. The boy is 6' 11" so basketball was everything to him. I'm his momma, I couldn't miss a game. Couldn't breathe, drove myself to the game. Hubby let me finish the first half and took me straight back to the hospital. They then confirmed the PE. Stupid, stupid behavior, but I was a determined momma!

Sounds familiar. I spent 3 day in bed feeling like I was dying. Day 4 I couldn’t get a decent breath and headed for the ER. BP was off the charts and my O2 level was at 80%. Doc told me I wouldn’t have lived another 24 hours if I hadn’t come in. I’m better about seeing all my doctors now.

I’m better about seeing all my doctors now
I really wish I could say the same. I had such a health insurance issue that I ended up not even going to any doctor except my pain doc for 3 years. I went that long without thinners. I also have Polycythemia Vera which means I make too many blood cells (usually red but can be white or platelets also), so you know that ain't good. I think I got to the point that I'd rather die than mess with all this crap. I took a break, it will be my only one (again stupid promises to hubby, lol)

Glad you are wise, I'm still learning, lol

😂
3D2429DC-BAE9-4FBB-9DE6-BCC3D0B6239F.jpeg

Afternoon everybody. Lazy, laid back day for me. Trying to watch sports but I'm just not into it. Why do gifted athletes feel they have to get involved in the problem of the country/world. One day they might just wake up and there isn't a gift horse staring at them anymore.

Storm moving in and the last of my tomato crop is gonna get picked tomorrow. Many are still green but I will get them to turn just won't be as good as vine ripened. Only thing left is the horse radish and there is no rush on that. Another garden is about to be put to bed for the winter.

Brown trout are getting ready to spawn and I'm getting ready to go after them. Big fish time of year for me. I will probably do this alone as there is to much walking involved for most to come. I will go up the first time on Oct 10 or the first nice day after that. Probably still a bit early but this will be more of a info gathering trip that anything else. Between the 15 and the 20th is when they usually peak.

Guess I will go down and talk to the girls.....nothing else to do.....

Latest posts

Back