Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry brother that yall still having to deal with that rioting bullcrap. My Governor doesnt play that game. He will kick that Fking ass. And ill leave it at that.
Morning misfits,,hope everyone has a great day. Coffee time.

I wish! Our feckless Democratic governor and mayor support the rioters right of free expression and to promote their partisan interest.

QUOTE="RosterTheCog, post: 1102648, member: 60661"]

Morning sorry to hear about your baby, have you ever tried adding a tablespoon or 2 of raw pumpkin from a can (just pumpkin and pie mix) works well when my guy get bouts of the D.
Pats and kisses hope she feels better.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip brother! In this case it is raging, so more than an upset tummy……………….

Hippie Oklahoma is really a pretty state and weed is legal. Ive driven thru there many times and especially in NE Oklahoma its beautiful Brother. Ppl are very friendly and its not overrun by Muslims and run by a **** for a Governor.

Having grown up in Oklahoma, but spent my adulthood in Oregon, I can attest that people in Oklahoma are more friendly and supportive. They will often go out of their way to help a perfect stranger. I just don’t like getting up in the middle of the night to go to the storm cellar for a tornado.

51F @ 81% RH, cloudy, and predicted to reach 61F.

Some quality time at the veterinary hospital sitting in our car out front, awaiting someone to pick up Miss Layla and check her out. After about 20 minutes I called them again and rattled their cage, so they did show up in another 10 minutes, but then insisted that we wait outside until a doctor was available and a preliminary examination made. About two hours total sitting in the car, when we live about 10 minutes away, but you do what you gots to do for the pups.

They shaved her belly and gave her an ultra sound, but found nothing and put her on the same antibiotic, anti diarrheas', and bland diet as the previous doctor for 30 days. Poor kid...........

I was listening to Cotton Eyed Joe once while I was making some red eye gravy and ended up with gravy all over the stove and walls

im making pizza sauce this morning , boiling down the last of the cherry tomatoes...

3014EF17-D1DA-4C10-BDC9-99DA461DBCCB.jpeg

Attachments

• B73516D8-3AF0-4CBC-BC8B-162F9B123050.jpeg
    B73516D8-3AF0-4CBC-BC8B-162F9B123050.jpeg
    58 KB · Views: 0
Some quality time at the veterinary hospital sitting in our car out front, awaiting someone to pick up Miss Layla and check her out. After about 20 minutes I called them again and rattled their cage, so they did show up in another 10 minutes, but then insisted that we wait outside until a doctor was available and a preliminary examination made. About two hours total sitting in the car, when we live about 10 minutes away, but you do what you gots to do for the pups.

They shaved her belly and gave her an ultra sound, but found nothing and put her on the same antibiotic, anti diarrheas', and bland diet as the previous doctor for 30 days. Poor kid...........
SHOOT I just saw this
I knew in my heart you was a Good Puppy Dad
Way to go, Good luck Fingers crossed.

Having grown up in Oklahoma,

I didn't grow up there, but we lived there when I was 2 until around 5 or 6 years old. I loved being woke up in the middle of the night to go to the basement. Our house was one for a few houses that did have a basement so lots of neighbors would come. As a kid that was great, but as an adult, I can imagine, not so much. I also never experienced direct destruction like your daughter @bigsur51 , I am with Roster, I hope nobody died in that wreckage!

Yep,,same here Pute. Ain't nothing like Fried chicken,deer meat,rabbit, squirrel, coon, and ETC😁 in Crisco.
And Momma's Fried Apple Cakes
Was the 1st real food I learned to make at 10yrs old .
Crisco was the main ingredient also stored in a can in cabinet above stove.
Oh and Bacon grease was on the stove in an old soup can.
Eggs were always yummy.........................
Image result for old fashioned fried apple fritters

Isn't it cool how certain things only certain people could make right? My grandmother was lemon merengue pie, my aunt was cheese bread.
My Father's Mother made the best bread (to die for)
I duplicated it once and never again.
Secret died with her...................... She showed me once and we made it together
A pinch of this and a dash of that is how she did it. Tasting everything as we went along.

Yep, those secret pinches were meant for the size of those fingers and measured accordingly. I'll miss a lot of things my grandmother taught me to make that never had a recipe. I'll never make them, I butcher them too badly and I'm not a good cook. My daughter does our cooking, but she does acknowledge I was her teacher, so maybe at some point when I was younger I could maybe make a few good dishes 😉

Last edited:
I already eat them in salad, do you? Not fried, of course, lol.

I am not in a place where I can get anything at all... unless it comes from the wonderful folks here. Ipso facto, I would never have enough laying about to eat it.

Jeepers. It is one of the wonderful things about a volcano (which I recommend EVERYBODY get one!) in that it greatly s t r e t c h e s out the nummies supply.

Those of youse who have bales of buds in warehouses, or canyons filled-in with dump-truck loads of them are envied by your about-to-be-pirate.

And who was it here that put a big oink on a spit to smoke it with bales of buds? :p

Isn't it cool how certain things only certain people could make right? My grandmother was lemon merengue pie, my aunt was cheese bread.
My aunt made an upside-down pineapple cake.

But the best in the whole world was Grandma's molasses cookies. <-- During the War, sugar was out of court... but molasses wasn't. 75 years later, I can still remember the delicious sensation of the cookie bending as I bit it. Perfect cookies.

Latest posts

Back