Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G'Morning, y'all! I grew up with a can of bacon grease on the back of the stove & a can of Crisco on a shelf above it. I gotta agree best fried eggs where the ones in bacon grease! My Grandmother is the one that started me in the kitchen at a very young age. So much so I worked food services for over a decade, until I got tired of working while everyone else was playing...

Walt, which war; WWI or the Spanish-American war? :p

Grammy, good to see ya back again. Don't stay away so long 'cause we missed ya!

OK, I take back a little of what I said about Ocra-homa. The NE part is kinda pretty. Was out there many years back. Sure beats the main part. It was flat as a popcorn fart with nothing green in site, and if you saw a pretty woman, she was a tourist passing through.

Whipped the Door from Hades yesterday. Scrapped the brand new torsion bar system, bought a couple of long cables and pullies, and already had a couple of springs. Took a whopping 15 minutes and SHAZAM, it works. The Old Hen said she'd wished we'd thrown in the towel 4 days ago and went that route.

You guys talkin' about pan gravy got my guts growling. My mom tried to teach me how to make it, and it always turned out like paste. I finally figured it out and then added a tweak. I took her over some and her smile after tasting quickly tuned into a "what did you put in it?" I told her I'd browned the flour first, mixed in the bacon grease and milk along with salt and black pepper, then added ONE drop of vanilla extract. Gave it an even better flavor.

Walt, which war; WWI or the Spanish-American war? :p

Grammy, good to see ya back again. Don't stay away so long 'cause we missed ya!

Well, when I volunteered, they gave me a gun with a rock on the side of it to make sparks.

Everyone my age is older than me.

My Daddy used to get nostalgic when looking at the Lascaux paintings.

You guys talkin' about pan gravy got my guts growling. My mom tried to teach me how to make it, and it always turned out like paste. I finally figured it out and then added a tweak. I took her over some and her smile after tasting quickly tuned into a "what did you put in it?" I told her I'd browned the flour first, mixed in the bacon grease and milk along with salt and black pepper, then added ONE drop of vanilla extract. Gave it an even better flavor.
How does one "brown" flour? I want to try that recipe.

We heated grease or bacon grease to a boil added flour stirring it untill it got thick and then start adding milk stirring untill you get the consistency your looking for. I always sprinkled a lot of black pepper and even Cheyenne. Liked gravy a little thick not runny.

Walt, I turned the skillet on to medium/high, dumped in the flower, and stirred until it was a blonde/light brown, then I gunned the heat back and made it the usual way. You gotta keep stiring while browning 'cause you don't want to smell burnt flower. It ain't nice.

when a tornado warning went off while I was living in Oklahoma , one of the first thing them Okies would do was run outside and look around.....

And again after it passed to see what was left. I saw an incredible amount of destruction during my youth and spent a lot of time in a storm cellar. One tornado took out the house beside our neighbors storm cellar that we were hiding in.

QUOTE="RosterTheCog, post: 1102789, member: 60661"]Gray Could she be drinking dirty stagnant water or pond waterMy pup gets very back case after drinking from our Koi Pond water falls[/QUOTE]

The tests suggest it is not a parasite and a round of antibiotics didn’t fix it.

48F @ 86% RH, cloudy, and predicted to reach 57F.

More "peaceful protests" with attendant destruction and arrests, statues overturned and three separate attacks on homeless with hammers and steel bars.

Progress on my equipment designs and the Mk III Evolution article that I'm working on.

Im sorry but they are mostly kids and that means someone as a
Where's mine, now you've made the rest of us jealous! Lol
Morning Canna, Check I sent you some PMs too LOL
I could never forget you right
Flowers for a Beautiful Lady and friend
See the source image

Latest posts

Back