Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had him in my sights, but I realized I probably could not get him set up over my fireplace, so I let him walk.

1604070585764.png

I was young. I was inexperienced. I was 16. Remember what it was like? It was 1957.

So... I had taken a guy five towns down the road on my brand new Lambretta to a double-date. (Blind date on my part.)

When we arrived, out came his squeeze, and with her, an absolute stunner of a perfect redhead.

I looked at her and blurted, "Have you ever been to Egypt?"

Startled, she answered in a contralto that made me want to fly in circles: "Ah... no."

"Good! I haven't either. We have something in common!"

So we got married two years later. We were 18. 🥰

Moral Of The Story: Ya gotta have something in common. Sixty-one (61) years today. And I made sure that Herself woke up with a big smile on her face this morning; I found the Magic Markers! ;)

Last edited:
41F @ 83% RH, cloudy, and predicted to reach 61F.

No riots, but another "mostly peaceful vigils and civil unrest" breaking windows, destroying property, and assaulting passersby's over another black man child killed by police return fire in Vancouver.

I put up a half gallon of pickled onions, and spent another hour sitting at the vets getting more tests for Miss Layla, who still has the shits. Another $500 worth of test, meds, and special foods without knowing for sure what is going on..........

Some action on the legal front as we head for another round.........

44F @ 67% RH, clear skies and predicted to reach 66F.

No trick or treaters in our neck of the woods.

A brief riot in Portland and Vancouver continues their protest about the black man killed when police returned his gunfire.

I did unload some treasures from my garage. About four years ago a friend moved from his apartment to a Beaver Coach RV and sold me his Fender sound system, some photographic equipment, and a couple of pot top shelters. I never used them and when he approached me to buy them back, I said good timing!!

Morning misfits!!

@walt....did you say 61 years today??? If do you are one he'll of a man!! Congrats!!

Happy Sunday! Another agreeable day here. Free day away from the grow! Will go out for breakfast and spend the rest of the day doing as little as possible! Will be back at it tomorrow but not today.

Be safe GW!! I fear that the worst is yet to come! I will be locked and loaded starting Tuesday night protecting the house. This is focking crazy!

I have tons of candy left over, very few goblins out art night. I gotta get this left over candy out of the house....I can't stay out of it!!! I guess an could vacuum seal it and save it for next year. Stuff is expensive!

Need to set my clocks. Later

Morning misfits!!

@walt....did you say 61 years today??? If do you are one he'll of a man!! Congrats!!

Happy Sunday! Another agreeable day here. Free day away from the grow! Will go out for breakfast and spend the rest of the day doing as little as possible! Will be back at it tomorrow but not today.

Be safe GW!! I fear that the worst is yet to come! I will be locked and loaded starting Tuesday night protecting the house. This is focking crazy!

I have tons of candy left over, very few goblins out art night. I gotta get this left over candy out of the house....I can't stay out of it!!! I guess an could vacuum seal it and save it for next year. Stuff is expensive!

Need to set my clocks. Later

you need to send me all your leftover candy...I’m doing you a favor

Hope everybody had a great Halloween. I will save it for ya big.....I'm sure a he.ll not gonna eat that crap. Does taste good though. Best I don't have it in the house.....when are ya coming....we will cruise Colfax for the latest covid infected girls.....they were out on droves last night....don't be fooled by these outfits....they are after your $$$ not candy.

source.gif

Morning misfits!!

Yowza. We never -- ever -- had an argument that went overnight. We got to go to sleep very late a coupla times, but we always followed that rule.

So I told her: "I hope your day is as nice as your butt!"

What do we do with this big bowl of sugar?

Send them to Big!

More protests in Vancouver over cops being a better shot and having greater firepower than the model citizen black drug dealer who started shooting first and wounded one of them.

A calm peaceful fall evening in Portland with only a few store windows broken to improve the lives of the oppressed and downtrodden and I can only imagine how much brighter their day this morning as a result of it.

I can hardly wait to see what post election events await us. Makes me wish I was still a gun collector with multiple licensed machine guns and destructive devices, but in Portland I'm pretty sure they will lock up shooters regardless of the circumstances and do their best wisely spending taxpayer dollars prosecuting them. Best I beat the first few armed hooligans to death and then start thinning out the rest with their guns, to stand a chance with a self defense plea.

I'm banking on the Feds and our National Guard joining any serious fray, because our feckless mayor has proven inadequate and his running opponent is several standard deviations to his left, promising further police budge cuts and reductions in personnel. The State Police have refused to engage in Portland riot control, because of the limitations our mayor has placed on what non lethal methods they can use. IE: No tear gas.

44F @70% RH, cloudy, and predicted to reach 65F today. A nice cool day for stores to board up their windows before election day.

Latest posts

Back