Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Morning Islander's.
Setting at the Indianapolis Airport waiting to fly home to Dallas for Thanksgiving. Yehaaaaaaa
Then Sunday back to Indianapolis to go back to work. Then i wont fly home untill Xmas.😒

Graywolf its only going to get worse brother. Whats sad is you live in a beautiful state and they are destroying it.Its disgusting.

Sadly true................

Setting at the Indianapolis Airport waiting to fly home to Dallas for Thanksgiving. Yehaaaaaaa
Then Sunday back to Indianapolis to go back to work. Then i wont fly home untill Xmas.😒

Good luck brother!

42F @ 87% RH, rain, and predicted to soar to 49F in the heat of the day.

I had a plumber replace the kitchen drain line in one of the rentals that the renter has been using a sulfuric acid based drain cleaner to maintain her drains. He had the right parts and equipment, so it took him and his son less than an hour, where it would have taken me an hour to get the $67 worth of parts, and probably twice that to saw the old BIP section out in its confined space and replace it with ABS.

A contractor meeting this morning on the recently vacated unit, to spiff up the landscaping, and another Friday for drywall repair and painting. After seeing the price, I may paint it myself. My airless has been sitting for about 12 years now, but if it doesn't work, it is easily fixed.

Just me and the Grayfoxel this year. We have been the traditional family Thanksgiving host for the last 40 years but it is just us and the pets this year. What to do with leftovers????

Last edited:
Morning Islander's.
Gawd... I useta do that. I was the opposite of a salesman... I would go to contractors to check and make sure critical parts, etc. were not being made in a brother-in-law's garage, or the workers are going on strike, or they really did not know what they were doing, or whatever. City after city, all over the country and the world.

Time and again, I would have to open my briefcase to look at my itinerary to see where the heck I was.

There's only one way for me to get in a plane again: I happen to have an IFR Pilot's License. If I'm steerin' the sucker, that's kewl.

1606317168952.png

I'll tellya how much I useta have to fly: I was coming home from Chicago to Floriduh. I always traveled first class (one of my two major perks), and the doggone plane was booked full.

A flight attendant greeted me, saying: "Hi Unca Walt! How are you doing today?" (When you get recognized by the flight attendants... you are flying too much!)

So I whimpered to her: "It sucks BIG wampum! It's my birthday, and I haveta fly in the cattle-car."

The plane was in the air about a half-hour when four pretty flight attendants came back into the cattle-car with a cake and a bottle of champagne wrapped in a white towel. They sang "Happy Birthday". There was a note around the neck of the wine bottle: "From your crew of Flight 302"

Folks sitting around me were looking at me like... WHO TF IS THIS GUY???

I was in the air when the Lockerbie plane blew up.

I was in the air when a plane (far away) was hijacked.

I still have the boarding pass from the flight I lost a coin toss for, and had to go to Milwaukee in the dead of winter. The plane was Air Florida 90 <-- It went down in the Potomac. I woulda been on it, but I lost the coin toss and could not go home until we hit Milwaukee. Jeez.

I was in Washington last week on a business trip when I was not able to get a room at the Watergate , the clerk said so sorry all booked up . It was then that I said wait a darn minute , would if help if I know UncaWalt? I was shuffled off to the penthouse suite at no extra charge.
1606322678322.png

Gawd... I useta do that. I was the opposite of a salesman... I would go to contractors to check and make sure critical parts, etc. were not being made in a brother-in-law's garage, or the workers are going on strike, or they really did not know what they were doing, or whatever. City after city, all over the country and the world.

Time and again, I would have to open my briefcase to look at my itinerary to see where the heck I was.
Yesser Uncawalt,, i am a Construction Superintendent for Burkes Outlets. They are all over the US. I make sure the Subs are doing what they got paid to do. Im there untill we turn it over to the Store Manager.

I will never get on an airplane again if I can help it. Flying used to be fun years and years ago, now it is a mess! My traveling long distance days are over.

Flying commercial ceased being fun way before the turn of the century and hopping my own light plane long distances was about 94% boredom, 5% interesting, leaving only about one percent pure terror to relieve the tedium of flying to get there. 100/200 airspeed feels pretty slow at 5000 feet.

Driving long distances to get there isn't as much fun as it once was either, bike or car. Good that we had so much fun doing it all back when it was still orgasmic and we were still immortal.

46F @ 87% RH, cloudy, and predicted to reach 50F.

Got the landscaping at the vacant rental complete and have appointments with a painter, as well as a stucco repair contractor tomorrow, but today Grayfox and I will share Thanksgiving ham and scalloped potatoes with fresh asparagus and other accouterments, aided in our efforts by Miss Layla and Queen Melissa. The first time in 40 years we haven't hosted family Thanksgiving dinner.

Happy Day of Thanks for what we have and what we don't have that we don't want.

Ohmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Virus my Ass
I just heard from my Asian Cousin across the channel
It is all an alien invasion and they are harvesting Brains, hence the no bodies or open caskets .
The good news is that I caught one of them Mother-Fackers
Not bad eating
1606402005656.png

Morning.

@ Hippie, yup this is getting old! This mess is turning the country into isolationist central. People are becoming fearful of each other. Nobody speaks or makes eye contact anymore. What a shame. I am becoming a hermit as well. Makes me wonder is things will ever return to normal.

I have worked and travelled all around the states thru all this bullshit. Ppl need to get their asses out and build their immune systems.
Give me a fking break. We use to eat dirt when we were kids. Stepped on rusty nails, swam in dirty ass lakes and stock ponds, played in the rain and only took bathes when our Moms made us. We had immune systems. Now they want to wrap us up in a bubble and give us shots. They got some ppl so scared they aren't living life anymore. If your that afraid of dying your already dead. Another words your not living life so ya might as well bury yourself.
Can we say sheep.😠

Latest posts

Back