Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have worked and travelled all around the states thru all this bullshit. Ppl need to get their asses out and build their immune systems.
Give me a fking break. We use to eat dirt when we were kids. Stepped on rusty nails, swam in dirty ass lakes and stock ponds, played in the rain and only took bathes when our Moms made us. We had immune systems. Now they want to wrap us up in a bubble and give us shots. They got some ppl so scared they aren't living life anymore. Can we say sheep.😠
Preach Bro......................
I use to drink pond water everyday when fishing in the sun.
Ate food off the ground even after the 10sec rule lol.
Have you ever heard of a bar rag shot or goldfish shot.(rag used to clean up spilled drinks and wipe the bar for the night)
(Live Goldfish taken from dirty tank and into a shot of your choice)
Imagine how many microorganisms were swimming spawning waiting to get you. LOL
Good Times

No we won.t mention eating the corn without a spoon will we .

I don't know if this will ever come to pass but I am thinking about getting away from this city. It is slowly being taken over by the same things that have happened to may other of the larger cities in this country. I will not live in a Baltimore, Portland, Seattle, San Fran .......exc.....it is just not my style. I know a small town on the western slope with like minded folk that still work together and care about each other.

I have been looking at land and have talked to a couple of builders....I just fear that the move would take a lot out of me. Frankly, I'm to old to pack up and start over again. But, the though of living in a shithole with all the crime, riots and the things I see happening in some of our most beautiful cities is totally disgusting to me.

Time for me to downsize anyway. Living in a house this big is silly for just the two of us. Getting rid of all our belongings after almost 50 year will be hard for Mrs Pute. But, a simple easier life would be welcome once we got settled. Also, best fishing in the state is all around me. Fishing here sucks with all the people.....there is no solitude here anymore.

This is just a thought at this point but I fear with what is coming it might become reality. Rant over...............

Pute: Lissen to yer buddies... including your Unca.

The joy of living in a super-peaceful, friendly place is indescribable. My front yard:

1606479086117.png

My neighbor, Harry, about 600' down the road surprised me by building me a fabulous firing range in my back yard. Cost him a coupla hunnert bucks! The backstop will take any size firearm I have except my cannon.

I susprised him with a replica of a toy my Daddy made for me in 1944. It requires two golf balls and a lag bolt. You hold the gimballed board by the two wooden handles, and by lifting and tilting and turning, try to get the golf ball all the way to the hole... and into a sorta hollow in the baseboard under the hole.

He has a six-year old adordable kid who said it is his best and favorite game. Beats computers.

1606477991534.png

Choi Hau has the property that touches my right back corner of land. She gave me a lychee nut tree, and planted it for me. Brings me and the Beautiful Witch exotic foods, and loves it when I manage to construct a couple of sentences in Mandarin to speak to her. She speaks English, but I am the only "Big Nose" she is aware of that can sling lingo.

She had never even seen a firearm in her life... And now she has had the opportunity of firing an AK-47, SKS, .22 rifle, .22 pistol and a crossbow. All on film that she sent to Singapore, where her family lives. <-- The videos made her a rock-star in Singapore society!

Matt, the GI that lives behind me, often shares ocean fish he catches -- while I spoil his two doggies rotten.

Scott, whose property abuts mine, extends his mowing 200 feet to get my swale when he mows his own place.

I live at the end of a dirt road. I totally recommend you get your not-that-old butt into the hinterlands. The peace will change your whole outlook.

Last edited:
Ppl need to get their asses out and build their immune systems.
Give me a fking break. We use to eat dirt when we were kids. Stepped on rusty nails, swam in dirty ass lakes and stock ponds, played in the rain and only took bathes when our Moms made us. We had immune systems. Now they want to wrap us up in a bubble and give us shots. They got some ppl so scared they aren't living life anymore. If your that afraid of dying your already dead. .😠

It would seem that a viable alternative would be to protect the most vulnerable without closing down the economy for everyone. The packed hospitals and high death rates are not to be ignored, but if you isolated the co-morbidities what would the numbers look like as compared to the flu, et al???

Preach Bro......................I use to drink pond water everyday when fishing in the sun.

I've drunk pond water too, and had my mouth places drunk that I don't even want to think about. Now that I don't do anymore of that, it would feel perverse if Covid or the common flu got me.

I don't know if this will ever come to pass but I am thinking about getting away from this city. It is slowly being taken over by the same things that have happened to may other of the larger cities in this country. I will not live in a Baltimore, Portland, Seattle, San Fran .......exc.....it is just not my style. I know a small town on the western slope with like minded folk that still work together and care about each other.

We have been discussing the same thing again. The biggest hurdle would be establishing new local friends and contacts, which at our age would be more difficult. For sure the bloom is off the rose here in Portland, which is a heartbreaker for such a gorgeous city and where I've spent my adult life since 1965 starting at age 22.

34F @ 96% RH, mostly cloudy and predicted to reach 45F.

A quiet Thanksgiving here, with calls to family and extra quality time spent in the dog park.

I heard from my narcistic younger sister who cut off communications with me a couple decades ago when I called her on her **, so her contact begs the question as to whether she has repented, grown lonely and nostalgic in her dotage, or wants money.

Her good twin's husband has spots on his lungs and is going in for further study. Poor lady has buried two husbands thus far and looks like she will outlive yet a third one. She is hands down my favorite sister out of three and it grieves me to see the grief she has been put through, while still maintaining an upbeat attitude.

Back on my head today with contractor meetings getting the vacant unit ready to rent again. Still thankful today for all we have and especially what we
don't have!!

Happy frog.jpg

Happy day after.....I need a looooong walk today!!! Plus I see leftovers on the horizon for days coming my way.

Big, that is a beautiful front yard ...... a bit lonely but I wouldn't worry about the neighbors smelling my grow though. Long way to a doctor, store, restaurant or anything for that matter. To isolated for me.

You are right GW, the thought of picking up everything and relocating sounds exciting but then the reality of the scope of everything kicks in. I have bought bare land and built from scratch twice before and the reality an undertaking a project like that is starting to come back!

Fricken water taps are $15,000 there......that brought back an old nightmare.... When I built my cabin in 2005 to get road, sewer, water and electrical to the house it cost $100,000!!! If I built on a 5 acre lot I am afraid it would be even more today. The stress and headaches of doing that again are starting to come back. Today this doesn't sound so romantic. Sure would be nice if I could find the perfect place already built and I could simply wish myself there.

Think I will have another cup and dream some more.

It would seem that a viable alternative would be to protect the most vulnerable without closing down the economy for everyone. The packed hospitals and high death rates are not to be ignored, but if you isolated the co-morbidities what would the numbers look like as compared to the flu, et al???

I've drunk pond water too, and had my mouth places drunk that I don't even want to think about. Now that I don't do anymore of that, it would feel perverse if Covid or the common flu got me.

We have been discussing the same thing again. The biggest hurdle would be establishing new local friends and contacts, which at our age would be more difficult. For sure the bloom is off the rose here in Portland, which is a heartbreaker for such a gorgeous city and where I've spent my adult life since 1965 starting at age 22.

34F @ 96% RH, mostly cloudy and predicted to reach 45F.

A quiet Thanksgiving here, with calls to family and extra quality time spent in the dog park.

I heard from my narcistic younger sister who cut off communications with me a couple decades ago when I called her on her **, so her contact begs the question as to whether she has repented, grown lonely and nostalgic in her dotage, or wants money.

Her good twin's husband has spots on his lungs and is going in for further study. Poor lady has buried two husbands thus far and looks like she will outlive yet a third one. She is hands down my favorite sister out of three and it grieves me to see the grief she has been put through, while still maintaining an upbeat attitude.

Back on my head today with contractor meetings getting the vacant unit ready to rent again. Still thankful today for all we have and especially what we
don't have!!

View attachment 266681
We use to walk the pond with a 22 and shoot these suckers LOL

Fricken water taps are $15,000 there......that brought back an old nightmare.... When I built my cabin in 2005 to get road, sewer, water and electrical to the house it cost $100,000!!! If I built on a 5 acre lot I am afraid it would be even more today.
Today this doesn't sound so romantic. Sure would be nice if I could find the perfect place already built and I could simply wish myself there.

Like Sheriff Buford T. Justice, I ain't givin' up. I read the above and... you pore sod... you've been "city-ized"

Bada-fargin-bing! Ax, an' ye shall receive...

Road, sewer, water, electrical... CABIN??? You started too far down the end -- clearly in uncivilized territory.

All lots around here are a minimum of more than an acre. All streets (occupied/or lots not built on) exist and are maintained. Sewer? We doan need no stinkin' sewer! Drain fields.

Water is right under you when you get your well dug one afternoon. Here is a cut-n-paste of the cost of an extra-mile sooper good well for your abode:

"The well can last a lifetime, and you won’t have to spend more money on it.

The cost of drilling a 100 feet well and installing of the casing and the well cap will be $2,000 to $3,000. Underground piping, well pump (used to bring the water to the surface), and pressurized storage tanks will cost around $2,000 to $5,000. So a 100 feet well in Florida can cost you $5,000 in total."

It's quiet, because it is miles of starkly individual residences -- just residences.

That is where you need to be: A half-hour from your garage to the Treasure Coast beach. A half-hour from hawg hunting. Fifteen minutes to shopping centers, etc. It has it all.

Oh. It is brilliant sunshine with light breeze and 76F right now. My wild/tame peacocks have ambled out of the woods and want some black oil seeds.

Last edited:
You make it sound so easy Walt. But I am glad I inspired you. Few things behind the scenes but where there is a will there is a way. I'm not giving up but I won't leave Colorado. Certain area here that suits my and my families wants, needs and desires is here. Thinking I have figured out a way to pull this off. Time will tell.

Back to trimming.

Latest posts

Back