Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are right GW, the thought of picking up everything and relocating sounds exciting but then the reality of the scope of everything kicks in. I have bought bare land and built from scratch twice before and the reality an undertaking a project like that is starting to come back! Sure would be nice if I could find the perfect place already built and I could simply wish myself there. Think I will have another cup and dream some more.

I only did one from scratch but did three fixer upper rentals and have sworn off. The only way we are moving is into the (almost) perfect place at our ages.

We use to walk the pond with a 22 and shoot these suckers LOL

I used to shoot frogs too and eat their legs. Also water moccasins, but we didn't eat any.

38F @ 89% RH, cloudy, and predicted to reach 45F.

A morning spent with contractors and I picked up my 0.1 Milligram scale that goes to the GC, from a previous leaser.

More quality time today at the vacant rental scheming the easiest way to make some electrical upgrades.

Waiting and watching.....what makes you think so? Dropping like a stone though:eek:

this makes me think so

(Unca Walt can draw these charts and better yet , he know how to interpret them!)....

236694C1-1B4E-4208-8B70-7ED97F1A0AC9.png

YOWZA. Happens all the time! Not quite 1/1000th as much as landslides and avalanches burying ski resorts, though. 😇 ;)
To be honest, sink holes aren't only a problem in FL. A buddy of mine grew up in WV and used to spend the weekends with his Grandmother on her farm. She sent him out one morning to feed the chickens and bring back a couple of fresh eggs for breakfast. Keith came back in and asked where she'd moved the hen house. His Grandmother thought he was being a smartass but followed him back out to where it used to be. An old coal tunnel had collapsed and ate the hen house, chickens and all.

this makes me think so

(Unca Walt can draw these charts and better yet , he know how to interpret them!)....

View attachment 266688
What this says is a buncha big money is shorting... the ideal crooked fixing plan is to get the price as low as they feel comfortable with... and then buy everything all the way to gold teeth and taking possession.

Don't sell a fargin thing. It ain't gold that is wildly varying in value... it's the Hollow Dollar.

Getting my stuff packed and ready to get on a plane at DFW airport. Going my ass back to Indiana to build a Burkes Outlet in New Castle Indiana. Ill be back home in 3 weeks and 3 days for Xmas.😒
Hope you old farts have a great day.

Latest posts

Back